NBA pulls 2017 all-star game from Charlotte

+4
gyso
Ram
arambone
steve3344
8 posters

Go down

NBA pulls 2017 all-star game from Charlotte Empty NBA pulls 2017 all-star game from Charlotte

Post by steve3344 Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:50 pm

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba-pulls-2017-all-star-game-from-charlotte-focuses-on-new-orleans-190148437.html?nhp=1

Good for them. Dumb decision on NC's legislators' part.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

NBA pulls 2017 all-star game from Charlotte Empty Re: NBA pulls 2017 all-star game from Charlotte

Post by arambone Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:57 pm

x

Last edited by arambone on Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

arambone

Back to top Go down

NBA pulls 2017 all-star game from Charlotte Empty Re: NBA pulls 2017 all-star game from Charlotte

Post by steve3344 Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:00 pm

arambone wrote:Gender isn't a choice, and believing oneself to be the opposite sex doesn't make it so.

I'm a friend of the gay community, and many/most of the gay men I know believe trans people to have a mental disorder. As gays, I guess they feel less guilt/politically correctness to toe the line.

There's widespread slavery in China, and probably a lot of NBA merchandise is made by slaves or serfs living in slave-like conditions.

This decision to move the All Star game has a lot more to do with political agenda than it does to do with morals or ethics. The Charlotte Hornets, and even Charlotte area politicians, didn't even have anything to do with the law in question.

"and even Charlotte area politicians, didn't even have anything to do with the law in question."[/quote]

They voted for it and it was passed into law.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:08 pm

It was mostly Eastern NCarolina politicians who voted for it.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:09 pm

x

Last edited by arambone on Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by Ram Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:09 pm

If you have a penis you use a men's room. If you have a vagina you use the ladies room. It is that simple. 

It doesn't make you anti-LGBT community or ignorant or mean you have some weird political agenda if you think that. It just means you understand what human body parts go with what gender and that kids with those same body parts should not be potentially exposed to opposite ones in bathrooms.
Ram
Ram

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:17 pm

x

Last edited by arambone on Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:20 pm

I live in NC.  We have lost millions in revenue due to this law.  The governor is up for re-election and he is pandering to a certain fringe group.  There doesn't appear to be any separation of church and state here.  

I seriously could go on and on, but this is a basketball board, so I will stop.

Except, the morons also just passed this law:

http://www.politifact.com/north-carolina/statements/2016/jul/01/aclu-north-carolina/aclu-north-carolina-police-will-have-significant-p/

The governor and his cronies has also sided with a certain big energy company and their coal-ash polluting ways over clean water and people's health.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/3/22/coal-ash-north-carolinadenrepaduke.html

https://www.yahoo.com/news/nc-regulators-shielded-duke-39-coal-ash-pollution-165901402.html?ref=gs

http://www.wbtv.com/story/32357492/belmont-neighbors-speak-out-against-coal-ash-bill-sent-to-mccrory

https://www.facingsouth.org/2016/01/nc-coal-ash-victims-blast-state-for-downgrading-du.html

Oy Vey!

OK, now I'll stop.

gyso

Last edited by gyso on Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:20 pm

Hi,
Taking at the face value, I'd say good for NBA.
IMHO, the "toilet" part of the law is just a minor part; the major part is it's discriminating against a group of people which means that sooner or later there will be other groups included in this or related discrimination. Also, before, if you step into the "wrong" section you'd be shamed at most, now you are a criminal. Idiocy at its finest...

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:26 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
IMHO, the "toilet" part of the law is just a minor part; the major part is it's discriminating against a group of people which means that sooner or later there will be other groups included in this or related discrimination. Also, before, if you step into the "wrong" section you'd be shamed at most, now you are a criminal. Idiocy at its finest...

AK

The people pushing hardest to allow men into women's bathrooms are the same people who are pushing hardest to import as many ISIS sympathizing "refugees" as possible into the US. All across Europe, there's a massive rape epidemic, carried out by Europe's new Muslim "friends", who have nothing but contempt for Europe and the European custom of not covering up their women from head to toe. And the globalist media is not only not reporting this rape and sexual assault epidemic, but they're calling anybody who opposes the massive importation of Wahhab-leaning Sunni Muslims, racist Americans.

It's all about the destruction of American and European culture and demographics, by the globalist .001% elite

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:47 pm

arambone wrote:

AK

The people pushing hardest to allow men into women's bathrooms are the same people who are pushing hardest to import as many ISIS sympathizing "refugees" as possible into the US. All across Europe, there's a massive rape epidemic, carried out by Europe's new Muslim "friends", who have nothing but contempt for Europe and the European custom of not covering up their women from head to toe.  And the globalist media is not only not reporting this rape and sexual assault epidemic, but they're calling anybody who opposes the massive importation of Wahhab-leaning Sunni Muslims, racist Americans.

It's all about the destruction of American and European culture and demographics, by the globalist .001% elite

Arambone,
Would you mind to provide any factual proof of your statements. As for Europe, the last few times I've been there (BeNeLux, France, Germany) I didn't notice (nor my friends and relatives living there) any rape epidemic.
Thanks,
AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Thu Jul 21, 2016 4:49 pm

x

Last edited by arambone on Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:47 pm

This conversation could go downhill awefully fast.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:57 pm

sinus007 wrote:
arambone wrote:

AK

The people pushing hardest to allow men into women's bathrooms are the same people who are pushing hardest to import as many ISIS sympathizing "refugees" as possible into the US. All across Europe, there's a massive rape epidemic, carried out by Europe's new Muslim "friends", who have nothing but contempt for Europe and the European custom of not covering up their women from head to toe.  And the globalist media is not only not reporting this rape and sexual assault epidemic, but they're calling anybody who opposes the massive importation of Wahhab-leaning Sunni Muslims, racist Americans.

Arambone,
Would you mind to provide any factual proof of your statements. As for Europe, the last few times I've been there (BeNeLux, France, Germany) I didn't notice (nor my friends and relatives living there) any rape epidemic.
Thanks,
AK

Look up Cologne New Years rapes for starters. Germany knows all about it. And in Sweden, Norway, and Finland the rates of sexual assault have skyrocketed. And authorities are no longer allowed to keep track of the race of the offenders, lest they be offended.

It's only really exploded in the last couple years, since our neocons in charge used the Bush doctrine of regime change in Libya and Syria, and intentionally created millions of refugees, from societies that think uncovered women are whores who have it coming.

From just yesterday:

"Mother and her three daughters, aged between 8 and 14, are stabbed by 'Muslim' man in French holiday resort because they were 'scantily dressed'"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3697451/Mother-three-daughters-aged-8-14-STABBED-French-holiday-resort-scantily-dressed.html#ixzz4F5CaDYdy
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Jul 21, 2016 6:29 pm

Arambone,
OK. I got. You think that this new NC law is a good one, I think it's a stupid and discriminatory law. Let's agree to disagree.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:47 pm

I will now wrap my fingers in duct tape and go to bed. good night
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:52 am

good for the NBA.

voters have the right to elect who they want. then the elected officials can pass laws as they see fit , based on who voted them in.

people, business and organizations have EVERY right to decide to boycott those states because of laws they have.

nothing else to say about it to me.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down