Celtics ranked 5th in preseason power poll. Overrated, underrated, or just right?

3 posters

Go down

Celtics ranked 5th in preseason power poll. Overrated,  underrated, or just right? Empty Celtics ranked 5th in preseason power poll. Overrated, underrated, or just right?

Post by Shamrock1000 Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:31 pm

Came across the following nba preseason poll, with the Celtics ranked 5th, behind only the Clippers, Spurs, Cavaliers, and Warriors. Expectations are getting high. Is this ranking too high, too low, or just about right?

Here is the link:

http://www.cheatsheet.com/sports/nba-power-rankings-post-free-agency-2016.html/26/

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Celtics ranked 5th in preseason power poll. Overrated,  underrated, or just right? Empty Re: Celtics ranked 5th in preseason power poll. Overrated, underrated, or just right?

Post by gyso Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:07 am

Shamrock,

In the recent odds for winning the championship, we were 4th or tied for 4th. That sort of lines up with the results of this poll. So yeah, expectations are getting high.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Celtics ranked 5th in preseason power poll. Overrated,  underrated, or just right? Empty Re: Celtics ranked 5th in preseason power poll. Overrated, underrated, or just right?

Post by Shamrock1000 Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:18 am

gyso wrote:Shamrock,

In the recent odds for winning the championship, we were 4th or tied for 4th.  That sort of lines up with the results of this poll.  So yeah, expectations are getting high.

gyso

Gyso - wow, are you saying Vegas has us 4th? To me that means a lot more than some writers ranking. Not sure how I feel about this. Of course I like to see the Celtics getting recognition, but in general I prefer being an under dog.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:19 am

We lost a physical rebounder in Sullinger and a guy in Turner who could run the office and provide a pretty solid midrange came.  Therefore the ranking is just that.  A ranking yet to be realized.

The Celtics will need every single player to fight for rebounds.  

The key to replacing Turner's ability to run the offense will fall heavily on Rozier.  But with Al joining the team We will see the offense run through him quite a bit.

Overall I think Boston will be better on defense and better on offense.  I do not know if that makes them a top 5 team considering that other teams have not been sitting on their hands either.

25 games in should provide us with a better feel on how things fit together.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down