Seeings how it's SLOW. Here is a Celtic related Marcus update

+3
gyso
bobc33
beat
7 posters

Go down

Seeings how it's SLOW. Here is a Celtic related Marcus update Empty Seeings how it's SLOW. Here is a Celtic related Marcus update

Post by beat Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:10 pm

Marcus is presently in the final couple weeks of his summer internship with the Chicago Sky of the WNBA. Although the league has shut down for the Olympics he is still at work going over game and practice film and editing it for the needs of the coaching staff. He did this for the Syracuse Woman's team this past year that made i to the NCAA Championship game. He'll be a senior next year and is trying his best to get to know as many people as he can. His buddy out in Chicago just got hired by the Lakers in their video department. PS he happens to be a big Celtic fan too. Met him when we went to the Cubbies game a week ago when I was out there for a few days.

With the league shutting down the remaining members of the Chicago Sky still practice but they have been off since Tuesday for a week. Marcus and the assistant coach of the Sky flew to Las Vegas and have been attending various things, including the NBA workout facility there.

He sent me this message 2 days ago.

Meeting with Jay Larranaga tonigt, Celtics assistant. Went to the big workout gym today where all the NBA guys workout. Amir Johnsonn was there, a ton of guys.

He then sent me this the next day after I asked him how things went.

Great, Going out with him again tonight.

After the second night trying to get info out of him is difficult at best but I did get this.

We had a great time talking about the Celtics and all, had fun and got to have a drink with Amir Johnson too Pretty crazy stuff.
Amir bought by the way.

Of course being in Vegas he put down $20 on Syracuse to win the 2017 NCAA Men's Basketball title (at 30-1 odds)

I know he is really looking to get a shot at a job with some NBA team down the road. And I would not be shocked if this happens either. He has been on the deans list all 6 of his semesters at SU too so grades have never been an issue. Basketball

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Seeings how it's SLOW. Here is a Celtic related Marcus update Empty Re: Seeings how it's SLOW. Here is a Celtic related Marcus update

Post by bobc33 Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:29 pm

Way to go Marcus and well done Beat!

Looking forward to Marcus working in the Celtics organization. (Not that any of us are thinking tickets......)

Back to top Go down

Seeings how it's SLOW. Here is a Celtic related Marcus update Empty Re: Seeings how it's SLOW. Here is a Celtic related Marcus update

Post by gyso Sat Aug 13, 2016 10:51 pm

Beat,

I just read your post to Janie.  After I was done, I said to her, "That is so cool."

She replied, "That is beyond cool."

It is just great to get news like this.  We are so happy for you and your family.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:16 pm

Helluva kid, beat, helluva kid.

A lot of college students don't know what they want, they just know they need to go to college to get that "leg up" for whatever it turns out to be (or they get to college and realize none of the career paths helped by a college degree are of interest to them). It seems like Marcus has always known he has wanted to be in a sports related field and has worked consistently towards that goal.

Well done.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Sun Aug 14, 2016 12:36 pm

Beat,
Good luck to your son. I'm sure he'll make you proud.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Aug 14, 2016 3:38 pm

Beat

Sounds like Marcus is on his way. Thanks for sharing.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:54 pm

Great update and glad to hear things are going well.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down