Marcus Smart schools Boston Celtics teammate Jaylen Brown, tells the world all about it

2 posters

Go down

Marcus Smart schools Boston Celtics teammate Jaylen Brown, tells the world all about it Empty Marcus Smart schools Boston Celtics teammate Jaylen Brown, tells the world all about it

Post by bobheckler Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:52 am

.http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2016/10/video_marcus_smart_schools_bos.html

Marcus Smart schools Boston Celtics teammate Jaylen Brown, tells the world all about it

Marcus Smart schools Jaylen Brown at Boston Celtics practice

Jay King | mjking@masslive.com By Jay King | mjking@masslive.com

on October 07, 2016 at 3:45 PM

WALTHAM -- The moment Marcus Smart left him behind, Jaylen Brown knew the trash talk was coming.

The two Boston Celtics youngsters were playing a game of three-dribble 1-on-1 after practice Friday afternoon. They had just gotten done bickering about whether Brown had taken three or four dribbles on one of his moves when Smart got the ball. He cradled it back and forth between his legs before unleashing leaving Brown in his wake with a nifty maneuver (video above).

Naturally, Smart made sure the whole gym heard about his conquest. The money line of his trash talk: "That's like in L.A. when I dropped you." The two teammates worked out with each other in Los Angeles this summer.

"Oh yeah, he's going to tell the world," Brown said. "You're never going to hear the end of it. I'm going to hear this for like the next two weeks. So now I have to play him, and play football with him, and beat him at his own game tomorrow so then he can be quiet. Because I'm going to hear it for forever now."

Brown laughed when asked about the play.

"Marcus is playing football with me, man," he said. "Nah, he's a good defender and I'm learning a lot from him. He's really hard to score 1-on-1, especially when he's being physical. So at the end of the day it's just about getting better, having some fun, and that's what we were doing."

bob
MY NOTE:  This is the chemistry they developed over the summer.  This is GOOD trashtalk.  I am loving that Brown spent the summer working out with Jimmy Butler and Marcus Smart, two fanatics for work and competitiveness.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Marcus Smart schools Boston Celtics teammate Jaylen Brown, tells the world all about it Empty Re: Marcus Smart schools Boston Celtics teammate Jaylen Brown, tells the world all about it

Post by jrleftfoot Sat Oct 08, 2016 1:14 pm

IT  looks like the ballboy
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down