Sam's Board Game Get-Together

+3
beat
cowens/oldschool
NYCelt
7 posters

Go down

Date or dates you would be interested in attending a game.

Sam's Board Game Get-Together Vote_lcap0%Sam's Board Game Get-Together Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
Sam's Board Game Get-Together Vote_lcap14%Sam's Board Game Get-Together Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Sam's Board Game Get-Together Vote_lcap14%Sam's Board Game Get-Together Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]
Sam's Board Game Get-Together Vote_lcap71%Sam's Board Game Get-Together Vote_rcap 71% 
[ 5 ]

Total Votes : 7

Sam's Board Game Get-Together Empty Sam's Board Game Get-Together

Post by NYCelt Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:07 pm

I was talking with 112288 recently and he mentioned that it was about time we looked into attending another game with our group.

It's always difficult to arrange these, especially since so many of us are from well outside the Boston area.  I though I'd start by getting the idea out there and looking for interest.  

Saturday home games would seem to be the best alternative, allowing for travel to and from.  There are only two of those; January 7 and January 21.  There is also a later (8:00pm) Friday game, February 3 (Lakers; we would have to book soon).  

If we start this off poll style, we might be able to at least gauge interest level and best dates.  Please pick multiple dates if more than one are possibilities. Vote cancelling is allowed if you need to change selections as this poll runs.  Feel free to post comments and thoughts.  Also, please post the number you might expect in your party.  If we can identify a good target date, we can look into block tickets, rooms, and, of course, the all-important pre or post-game meal.

Last edited by NYCelt on Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Sam's Board Game Get-Together Empty Re: Sam's Board Game Get-Together

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:43 pm

The weather is very unpredictable in January, if it has to be, I would try to make it as it would be great to see everyone again and hope others I haven't met could make it. I can already feel the cold of January in Boston, I would prefer we met in the spring for a playoff game like we did in 08 in Boston vs Hawks or 09 at NYC vs Magic. I know we didn't go to the actual game then so either option works for me.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:55 pm

Cow,

Getting together a little later in the year and having a board party somewhere we could all catch a game on big screens would also be a great option.  That would make the weather element a little easier to deal with.

If others like that option, please post your thoughts.  There are Saturday away games February 11 (10:00pm Eastern), which could still tempt winter weather, and April 8 (6:00pm Eastern). Additionally, we could wait until the playoffs.  That might be harder to attend live, but a viewing party could work.

Others might like your idea too, so I added it as an option to the poll.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:52 pm

Thanks Deano I actually like/love being at a good sports bar with good food, good people and a good game, its easy to talk during the game amongst each other, we can all move freely around. Everyone that was at the 08 and 09 parties had a great time. Also in 09 we had a Reds tribute dinner the night before the game at a Chinese restaurant that was epic !!! I know the 2 bobs kept on ordering more food and they can EAT!! so perhaps that could even be an option a dinner then game whether its at a sports bar or the Garden, oh I mean Fleetcenter the next day.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:35 am

Voted for the get together to watch a C's road playoff game. With the unknown weather factor during the regular season I'd just go with the relative certainty of "better" weather later. Of course the playoff schedule is totally unknown until the end of the season but i'd certainly be interested.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:36 pm

I am open to anything - A Game or A Gathering in a sports bar!

I can tell the new members of Sam's Celtic Forum that it has always been a HUGE SUCCESS - MAKING NEW FRIENDS - SHARING CELTIC MEMORIES - AND ROOTING FOR THE CELTICS AT TD GARDEN!

I urge everyone NEAR OR FAR to make an effort to come to Boston - the experience of getting together with Sam Celtic Forum Members is a memory you will have for a life time!

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:36 pm

Being from the Boston area, you are right, the weather is unpredictable. That being said, sitting in a sports bar with fifty televisions is not my cup of tea. Old lady talking. Besides, I am forever of the belief that being there is twice the fun!!! Therefore, I have voted for the Portland game, this is a team on the rise and I would not mind seeing them (or Evan Turner's return to Boston, haha) I know I am only one vote, I am finding hard to believe I would be coming to my second gathering and Sam not being there as he is the one who brought me on board.

You young guys make your decision and if I can make it I promise I will. Life is a bit up in the air for me right now, my Mom is quite sick and we are living life on the edge these days.

Great that you want to continue things, that is what Sam would want for sure. You are all terrific.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Tue Oct 11, 2016 11:06 pm

Road trip!!! It's a lot easier now that I live just outside of Boston proper instead of 2.5 hours away. Whatever we decide I will attend.

That said I voted for the spring viewing event as the threat of a major snowstorm could really mess things up for those traveling a distance.

The trip to NYC and watching a playoff game at Professor Thom's was a really great time!

Looking forward to it and it will be great to see old friends, and hopefully some of our newer Forum members. Sam would be very pleased.

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed Oct 12, 2016 12:23 am

There is a late season Saturday night game in Charlotte. That would be a slight twist to the saying, "See me in April!".

I'm just throwing that option out there.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:54 am

bump
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:11 pm

It's looking like a late winter/early spring viewing party, probably somewhere in Boston.

Please add further comments, votes or thoughts.  Not out of the range of possibilities to have a viewing party on a day before of after a game.  Those who can fit it into their schedule, could still take in a game at TD and catch a board party.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:19 am

I am in for what ever is decided.

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:24 pm

We've got plenty of time, the C's are gonna be exciting, my brother was at the recent Nets game, hes excited about all the young talent, gonna be a good year watching this young team evolve. We'll have plenty of time to finalize something in the new year.....and we still have 2 potential HUGE picks from the Nets !!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:32 pm

Looking like a mid-March or later event.

All interested should feel free to act as reminders when we get into the new year.  Some lead time is always needed.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:33 pm

Bumping this to the top after BobC mentioned it.

Any thoughts by anyone?

I'd be happy to get the ball rolling, but we need to gauge interest. I think for most it's a Friday - Sunday range. Boston is the obvious spot, and I haven't looked at the schedule, but would a NY area game be a consideration if it fits over a weekend?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:07 pm

I'm hip on whatever is decided.

There are many great aspects to this Forum, but the chance to meet other members has always been a highlight for me so I hope we can continue the tradition.

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:33 pm

Remaining games at home that might be possible.  Tickets need to be purchased in a block arrangement, so at this point the 31st may be the easiest and most realistic to work with.

There is always the option of meeting at a Boston area establishment and watching the game on TV, as we did with an April playoff game for the original get-together in '08.

Friday, Mar 24, 2017 7:30  Phoenix Suns at Boston Celtics

Sunday, Mar 26, 2017 6:00 PM Miami Heat at Boston Celtics

Friday, Mar 31, 2017 7:30 PM Orlando Magic at Boston Celtics

After April 12 TBD NBA Eastern Conference Quarterfinals: TBD at Boston Celtics - Home Game 1 (Date TBD) (If Necessary)

Thoughts and ideas?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:36 pm

bump
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content