Jonas Jerebko is in the midst of an incredibly hot shooting streak

3 posters

Go down

Jonas Jerebko is in the midst of an incredibly hot shooting streak Empty Jonas Jerebko is in the midst of an incredibly hot shooting streak

Post by bobheckler Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:48 pm

http://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2016/11/29/jonas-jerebko-is-in-the-midst-of-an-incredibly-hot-shooting-streak?event=event51

Jonas Jerebko is in the midst of an incredibly hot shooting streak

The 6-foot-10 forward has made 17 of his last 20 shots from the field.

Jonas Jerebko is in the midst of an incredibly hot shooting streak Download-4-2-850x478$large
Nov 19, 2016; Auburn Hills, MI, USA; Boston Celtics forward Jonas Jerebko (8 ) high fives guard Avery Bradley (0) during the first quarter against the Detroit Pistons at The Palace of Auburn Hills. Mandatory Credit: Tim Fuller-USA TODAY Sports Jonas Jerebko (8 ) high fives guard Avery Bradley (0) during a game against the Detroit Pistons. –USA TODAY

By Brian Robb

1:55 PM

One thing Brad Stevens has always asked of reserve Celtics forward Jonas Jerebko is to help spread the floor with his shooting ability. The 6-foot-10 Swede has done more than his fair share on that front over the past two weeks for Boston.

The seventh-year forward is in the midst of the most impressive shooting stretch of his career. Dating back to the second half of the Celtics’ win over the Mavericks on Nov. 16, Jerebko has made 17 of his last 20 shot attempts from the field (85 percent). The 29-year-old’s marksmanship is even better from 3-point range over that period, as he’s made eight of his last nine attempts from beyond the arc.

The hot play hasn’t necessarily impacted Jerebko’s own shot selection, as he’s still only averaging less than four shot attempts per game (3.9). The streak has allowed him to shake off a slow start to the year and post career-highs in FG percentage (49.3%) and 3-pt percentage (44.4%) through 17 games.

“I’m not the one to force shots,” Jerebko said last week. “I’d rather find the open man, make the simple play. But I know I can shoot the ball. They can’t leave me open. That’s one of my strengths.”  

With Al Horford back healthy, the competition to carve out regularly playing time in a crowded Celtics frontcourt is no easy task for most of Boston’s reserve bigs. However, Jerebko is making a strong case for Stevens to increase his 17.5 minutes per game average with this latest stretch.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Jonas Jerebko is in the midst of an incredibly hot shooting streak Empty Re: Jonas Jerebko is in the midst of an incredibly hot shooting streak

Post by worcester Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:28 pm

Yes, opponents MUST guard him, opening up the floor for others to penetrate to the rim and to get more open shots.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Jonas Jerebko is in the midst of an incredibly hot shooting streak Empty Re: Jonas Jerebko is in the midst of an incredibly hot shooting streak

Post by gyso Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:47 pm

Tommy said the other night that Jerebko isn't just jacking up three's like he was earlier in the season. He is now up-faking and stepping in for closer jump shots, driving to the hoop, moving without the ball, etc.

He is starting to hit his threes, as it says above, so that doesn't hurt. Maybe with him being the recent hot hand, he should shoot more and Smart should shoot less.

I'll tell Brad this the next time I see him.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down