End of the Season Awards! Who do You think should win what?

4 posters

Go down

End of the Season Awards! Who do You think should win what? Empty End of the Season Awards! Who do You think should win what?

Post by Brandon$$ Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:29 pm

MVP: LeBron James

Rookie of the Year: Brandon Jennings

Defensive Player of the Year: Dwight Howard

Most Improved Player: Rajon Rondo

Sixth Man: Jamaal Crawford

Coach of the Year: Oklahoma City Head Coach

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

These are the people I would choose to give the awards too. Let me know any differences or similarities you had in your list. bounce
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

End of the Season Awards! Who do You think should win what? Empty Re: End of the Season Awards! Who do You think should win what?

Post by willjr Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:52 am

Can't argue with any of those picks, but I think that Tyreke Evans will probably be the ROY and even though Durant broke out last year I think the voters will still give him most improved. I would love to see Rondo get it, I think that the anti-Boston bias by the national media and the perception that he rides the coattails of the big three (wrong!) has always caused the voters to slight him. Hopefully he will make first team all defense and he is deserving off at least 3rd team all NBA behind Deron Williams and Steve Nash, though I have a feeling that Chris Paul (reputation) or Brandon Roy (hybrid, not a pure pg) will beat him out for that honor.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

End of the Season Awards! Who do You think should win what? Empty Re: End of the Season Awards! Who do You think should win what?

Post by Brandon$$ Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:10 am

Yeah I think its more likely that Tyreke Evans will win it, cause of his numbers.

But I rather have Brandon Jennings win it because he basically took Milwaukee and made them relevant again. He got them into the post-season, and of course with some help of Andrew Bogut.

I'm kind of interested to see how Jennings plays in the playoffs, esspically against a hopefully strong defensive Boston Celtics.

Because after that huge 55 point game he had a while back Vs Golden State, he hasn't really come up that big in the points column, so it'll be interesting to see all the offensive pressure on him with the lights on bright in the playoffs, and how he handles it.
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

Post by willjr Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:34 am

Good points BB$$$. When you consider the low expectations the Bucks had coming in to the season, Michael Redd's injury and the "character" concerns everyone had about Jennings pre-draft, the way the kid has played, led his team and handled himself humbly and professionally certainly in my eyes also merits him ROY.
willjr
willjr

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:56 am

BrandonBanks$$$ wrote:MVP: LeBron James

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

These are the people I would choose to give the awards too. Let me know any differences or similarities you had in your list. bounce

I agree with your list except for Jennings. His 37% FG percentage is the worst in the NBA.
Tyreke Evans can't make Sacramento much better, they just have very little talent.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:46 pm

MVP: LeBron James

Rookie of the Year: Stephan Curry

Defensive Player of the Year: Rajon Rondo

Most Improved Player: Luis Scola

Sixth Man: Jason Terry

Coach of the Year: Nate McMillian

I doubt Curry will win, but kid is my favorite rookie for sure.
Rondo leads the league in steals, and should be right up there in the best defensive voting...I doubt he will beat superman.
Scola is easily the most improved player for my money - but I have no idea who will win this one.
I bet Crawford wins best 6th man - but I dont like ATL at all, so I have to go with Terry.
Considering how many injuries they have endured, I think Portland coach Nate McMillian deserves consideration for coach of the year. Bet Scott Brooks wins however.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Tue Apr 13, 2010 12:54 pm

BrandonBanks$$$ wrote:MVP: LeBron James

Aaron Brooks will win Most Improved by a comfortable margin. Rondo won't even be in the top 5 although he certainly showed improvement this year.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:44 am

Brandon - Here's the Most Improved voting and as I predicted, Aaron Brooks won it in a landslide, nearly quadrupling any other player's vote totals. He got 403 votes, no one else got more than 101.

http://www.nba.com/2010/news/04/22/MIP/index.html?rss=true

All us Celtic fans love Rondo (who was your selection) but I knew he wouldn't even be in the top 5 (he finished 13th). As terrific a season as Rondo had, he actually got worse this year over last year in several categories: 3 point shooting, free-throw percentage, rebounds and turnovers. Can't be voted most improved when those things happen.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down