Grizzlies seeking old rhythm as Celtics visit

3 posters

Go down

Grizzlies seeking old rhythm as Celtics visit Empty Grizzlies seeking old rhythm as Celtics visit

Post by steve3344 Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:06 am

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/grizzlies-seeking-old-rhythm-celtics-visit-051944185--nba.html

Informative update on Memphis.  Conley came back from injury earlier than expected last week, although has shot horribly since his return (5 for 23 in two games) but we know that's not going to continue as he regains his rhythm.  Gasol had a historically bad game for him in their last game (4 for 22) and is a shocking 10 for 40 in his last two games, both losses for the Grizzlies.  You have two pissed off players and a pissed off team facing us tonight. Those two guys (and their whole team) will be out for bear against the Celtics which is one of the reasons why I'm surprised most betting lines have Boston favored by two points; one of them has us favored by 3.  The bigger reasons why that line surprises me are the comparative records of both teams (Celts are 15-12 and Memphis is 18-11) and the fact that we're on the road.  Here is the line: http://www.vegasinsider.com/nba/odds/las-vegas/

When two teams are considered equal - and just based on both their records, Memphis should be a slight favorite on a neutral court - home teams are favored by 4 points.  In the mid-80's you almost always saw the Celtics be a 4 point underdog when playing the Lakers in L.A., but a 4 point favorite playing them in Boston. 

I would have thought the line would be Memphis -4 or -5 tonight, but instead it's Boston -2 or -3.  Shows what I know.  Maybe Vegas feels Boston is better than their record this year since Horford and Crowder both missed a bunch of games and they're now back (IT too) and the whole team is healthy.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Grizzlies seeking old rhythm as Celtics visit Empty Re: Grizzlies seeking old rhythm as Celtics visit

Post by kdp59 Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:04 am

does this mean you are planning on making some dollars on this game?

Cool
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Grizzlies seeking old rhythm as Celtics visit Empty Re: Grizzlies seeking old rhythm as Celtics visit

Post by steve3344 Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:09 am

kdp59 wrote:does this mean you are planning on making some dollars on this game?

Cool
Not a betting man (anymore), but gun to my head I'd take Memphis tonight plus the points.  That's not a happy team we're playing this evening.  And their two best players are looking to make amends for recent stinkers.  Gonna be a tough one I think.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Dec 20, 2016 10:04 am

I'm expecting a big game from our perimeter defenders to keep Conley in his funk...they owe us after getting smoked by Harden and Westbrook.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down