+5
wideclyde
cowens/oldschool
NYCelt
swish
bobheckler
9 posters

Go down

Kelly Olynyk Is The Most Efficient Pick-and-Pop Scorer In NBA Empty Kelly Olynyk Is The Most Efficient Pick-and-Pop Scorer In NBA

Post by bobheckler Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:55 pm

Michael Pina
@MichaelVPina about 6 minutes ago
According to Synergy Sports, Kelly Olynyk is the most efficient pick-and-pop scorer in the NBA (minimum 20 possessions)

Reply Retweet Like

bob
MY NOTE: Let the battle begin!!
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Kelly Olynyk Is The Most Efficient Pick-and-Pop Scorer In NBA Empty Re: Kelly Olynyk Is The Most Efficient Pick-and-Pop Scorer In NBA

Post by swish Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:24 pm

Brad knows his value to the team is that of a bench player - he's now in his 4th straight year of 20 minutes per game off the bench routine. Typical bench player - A plus or two here and there - nothing more - nothing less

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Kelly Olynyk Is The Most Efficient Pick-and-Pop Scorer In NBA Empty Re: Kelly Olynyk Is The Most Efficient Pick-and-Pop Scorer In NBA

Post by NYCelt Sat Dec 31, 2016 10:04 am

Bob,

Personally, I agree wholeheartedly with Swish on this one.

Beyond that, however, I'd say from your comment you knew you were going to make Cowens' head explode when you posted this tweet!

That's probably why he hasn't responded yet.  My guess is he's over at Bellvue or Mt. Sinai getting his skull reassembled.  He might even be able to drag a few of us in with him for a group rate.

Regards and Happy New Year!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Dec 31, 2016 12:50 pm

NYCelt wrote:Bob,

Personally, I agree wholeheartedly with Swish on this one.

Beyond that, however, I'd say from your comment you knew you were going to make Cowens' head explode when you posted this tweet!

That's probably why he hasn't responded yet.  My guess is he's over at Bellvue or Mt. Sinai getting his skull reassembled.  He might even be able to drag a few of us in with him for a group rate.

Regards and Happy New Year!

NYCelt,

Yep, you saw right through my evil plan.  He hasn't been posting much lately, so I thought I'd throw some chum out into the water and see if that works.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sat Dec 31, 2016 1:42 pm

Perhaps Cowens is a student of the trench warfare of ww1 - slug it out in the mud.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:55 pm

swish wrote:Perhaps Cowens is a student of the trench warfare of ww1 - slug it out in the mud.

swish

Swish,

I don't know about trenches but Cowens is definitely someone I'd love to share a foxhole with.  He is a feisty SOB.  Maybe that is why we are friends off the board too.  I'm not exactly a shrinking violet neither, in case you hadn't noticed.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:03 pm

so hes good at picking and pooping?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:17 pm

I have liked Olynyk since he arrived, and am glad that he has some sort of statistical prominence.

He has improved each season, but now with the time to give him a large contract next summer I am very much wondering about his consistent inconsistency.

He can score 16+ but then often follows such a good game with a 4 point game. Then he might just get a 10 minute block of time in the very next game.

I only mention his scoring because it seems to me that if he is not scoring he also does not get assists, and of course, we know that he is not a good enough defender or rebounder to warrant good chunks of playing time unless he is scoring.

Unless he dramatically becomes much more consistent in the rest of this season, I would hesitate giving him any more than 7 or 8 M for next season in a one season deal or 7 to 8 M per year in a longer contract.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by arambone Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:26 pm

Danny should have locked him up long-term last summer for 10-12 million per.

I'm disappointed he hasn't made a real leap this year, but his defense is better than ever according to DRPM.

I think not being able to shoot all summer had an effect, but he'll probably turn it on 2nd half of the season.

arambone

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Jan 01, 2017 5:46 pm

Poor Kelly, only able to garner $7-8M a year as a C- player. Aww.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:23 am

locked him up long term? hes got the intensity of Hank Finkel, rebounds and bangs like Chris Ford and Don Nelson, but he does shoot 3's better than Rondo and Perk....so if 2 non shooters like Perk and Rondo could help us, then a softy with a 3 point game in this era can help too. If he doesn't ask/demand too much, I could see him continuing his role as a 20 min a game sub going forward.

BUTT if we get a mobile 6'11"- 7 foot banger, like say next year, oh right we have one stashed overseas right now....who do you keep Jerebko or Kelly? I'd go with Jerebko, his defense is an asset, he can't be abused and attacked defensively like KO, runs well, his shooting comes and goes as with most shooters, but is KO's shooting that much better?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:07 am

intensity of Hank Finkel....LOL.

now THATS digging into the vault there!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:50 am

kdp59 wrote:intensity of Hank Finkel....LOL.

now THATS digging into the vault there!

I always remember someone saying Finkle ran like the court was covered in 6 inches of water. Plus he is the trivia answer to the center that replaced Russ.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:16 am

Compare their stats. Except for assists of which Kelly has marginally more, Jerebko is a better player in almost every category. And that doesn't begin to consider his defense.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jan 02, 2017 11:15 am

worcester wrote:Compare their stats. Except for assists of which Kelly has marginally more, Jerebko is a better player in almost every category. And that doesn't begin to consider  his defense.

agreed Jerebko can cover 3 positions defensively, hes a legit poor mans version of Bobby Jones, KO is a rag doll softer than Blount and Lafrentz.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Jan 02, 2017 12:47 pm

Below is a list of bench players that have similar stats to Kellys' - all bigs with short minutes as starters - and Kelly has made the list all 4 years in the league - could it be that that's his role in the nba?

http://bkref.com/tiny/yGpPH

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:39 pm

Swish,

As long as Olynyk remains so inconsistent the best he will/could be is what he is right now.

He may have the ability to be more of solid, every game player, but so far he has not demonstrated it
even though he has improved in some way in each of his first three seasons.

I like this guy, but he has become a very frustrating player (at least for me) to watch from game to game.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down