Celtics Fans Cheering for the Wrong Guy

3 posters

Go down

Celtics Fans Cheering for the Wrong Guy Empty Celtics Fans Cheering for the Wrong Guy

Post by dboss Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:22 pm

Crowder is the type of player that will definitely speak out when something does not sit right with him.

I think it is unfortunately that any Celtics fan would choose to cheer for an opponent.  There are exceptions of course like if some player has been competing against Boston for years and is now playing his last game in Boston.  Out of respect Celtics fans may acknowledge that player's career in a positive way.  

But to cheer for Gordon Haywood in a regular season game is out side of the lines.  Those fans should be ashamed of themselves.  There are a lot of players from other teams that go into the garden and fans rightfully feel that they would not mind having that player on the team.  That's okay.  But do not cheer.  Crowder plays the SF position so he felt like fans would rather have Haywood than him.  Even is Crowder was a bum you do not give props to the enemy player at the expense of alienating your own player.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Celtics Fans Cheering for the Wrong Guy Empty Re: Celtics Fans Cheering for the Wrong Guy

Post by sinus007 Wed Jan 04, 2017 2:39 pm

Hi,
That cheer for GH is wrong, IMO.
Now, as far as GH vs JC. I don't follow Jazz other than 2 games when the play Celtics. But I've got a feeling that JC is a better defender and has more of asshole attitude, a la KG. If it's so, I'd rather have him. Especially considering the difference in contracts.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Celtics Fans Cheering for the Wrong Guy Empty Re: Celtics Fans Cheering for the Wrong Guy

Post by mrkleen09 Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:24 pm

I was not there so dont know how loud the cheers were, but I guess I would say "it depends"

I have been to many many celtics games over the years.  During regular season games I have heard MANY opposing players get a respectful round of applause. Dirk Nowitski, Dominique Wilkins, Michael Jordan, Kevin Durant, Steph Curry etc.

Now, you would never hear that for big rivals like Dr J, Barkley or anyone on the Knicks or Lakers and it would never happen in the playoffs.  But I cant say it never happens with opponents.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down