Fallout from last night

2 posters

Go down

Fallout from last night Empty Fallout from last night

Post by dbrown4 Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:26 am

With the odds pretty slim to none the Celtics would wind up playing Milwikkie (as Evan calls them) in the first round, going up against Miami doesn't seem so bad. A couple of observations:

1) With the "Doc" controversy now being released at the end of the regular season, "perfectly" timed of course, it appears the off-season may be more tumultuous than perhaps originally thought. This can't sit well with the team with that new uncertainty and distraction thrown in. Can't blame Doc. Didn't like the timing of it, though.

2) Having CHI take the last spot actually appears to be a better or at least equal challenger to CLE than my original dragon slayer CHAR would have been. CHI is on a roll. If you think they are going to roll over and play dead to CLE, think again and look at the coach, Vinny Del Negro. He came right out of my backyard in Raleigh, NC with NCSU. If any of you have read the new book out on the market by Harvey Mackay, "Use your head to get your foot in the door,' his opening chapter is dedicated to a story about how Vinny got the job at Chicago and probably explains why he wasn't canned midway through the season. Vinny and Harvey, who has written numerous business how to success books (Swin with the sharks), met and Vinny approached him tellling him he wanted Harvey to help him become a coach in the NBA. Harvey being an expert in how to get yourself hired, started asking him questions regarding his history of coaching. College, high school, middle school? Vinny had no experience coaching. Harvey, rather surprised, took the challenge. At the time Phoenix had an opening and Vinny was in the organization, so at least he could get an interview. Harvey said, you aren't going to get that job but this will get you some great preparation for the next one. So go ahead and apply. Vinny didn't get that one but to make a long story short, got the CHI job with no experience. How, you might ask? Preparation. CHI may not win this seris v. CLE but they are going to be very prepared and a cocky CLE might wind up with a Golden State on their hands. Watch that series very carefully. Vinny will have them over-prepared and ready to slay the giant. He did this before to get his current job. Hopes are high in CHI again and they are clearly coming in with some momentum, focus and synergy. This series will not surprise Vinny. Seeing how he got a job with no experience should tell you volumes if he can apply the same preparation he did to get the job in the first place.

3) With CLE getting that wake-up call first round, this could be the beginning of the end for them. We know they don't handle adversity very well.

4) I wish I could predict BOS v. MIA but until the ball goes up this weekend, we still have no idea who is going to show up. Actually, I don't like the fact that BOS has 4 home games given the season performance.

5) Like that fact that if we get out of the first round and CLE is there, this would be our best shot. Early not later. After that, we're on our own. Media is selling BOS as a wounded/lame duck given above new Doc bs. They may be right.

6) Either we're going down in the first or going all the way. Just like the regualr season box of chocolates.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Fallout from last night Empty Re: Fallout from last night

Post by sinus007 Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:10 pm

dbrown,
Agree with you. Also, it'd be the most disappointing thing in the whole season if Celtics will show up just to "get it over with" against MIA. I have no doubt that if they play for real they'll beat MIA in 5 or 6.
And what's that fuss about Doc: is it just CYA or there're some other purposes?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:54 pm

I'm hoping it's a motivational move. Whatever, they're really going to have to impress me in the first round, right off the bat. Otherwise, I'm going to lose interest, too. I really want to see what a jacked up Celtics team can do to CLE. I may not get my wish.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down