kdp59
RosalieTCeltics
jrleftfoot
bobc33
bobheckler
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Minnesota Timberwolves, Home Empty Post Game Thread - vs Minnesota Timberwolves, Home

Post by bobheckler Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:14 pm

Best game by Horford in a long time, maybe his best as a Celtic period. 20 points, 9 rebounds and 8 assists. He also had 2 blocks. KAT is amazing, he had 17 and 14, but he isn't as versatile as Al. He also isn't as good on defense as Al. PHENOMENAL offensive player, GREAT rebounder but his man-to-man needs work. That surprises me a bit considering that Thibs is his coach.

We croaked them in the 2nd half. Gave up 44 points on 37% shooting. 17fgm for them in the 2nd half. 54.5% for us in the 2nd half, 62 points.

Wiggins had a great 1st half, disappeared in the 2nd. He ended up 9-23 but he was 7-21 until garbage time.

KAT with 4 points in the 2nd half, 2-9. Every time he got the ball it was way away from the low blocks. GREAT deny defense by Al all game on KAT.

Since when did Rubio become a shooter? It wasn't bad defense, it was just good shooting by him. 7 assists and 1 TO. Best game I've ever seen by him.

Shabazz Muhammed is a shooter. Nothing against Gerald Green, but I wouldn't mind having him in green.

34 assists on 43fgm. 79%. That is truly excellent. Moved the ball from side to side really opened things up.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400900401

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Minnesota Timberwolves, Home Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Minnesota Timberwolves, Home

Post by bobc33 Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:39 pm

Post game showed quite the heated exchange between Smart and Brown on the court after Jaylen took it to the hole (looked like a very good opportunity) instead of passing it to Smart at the top of the key.

The words continued as they went to the bench with no backing down from either one, Smart jabbing his finger (almost?) into Brown's chest, then Crowder got involved and looked like he was quite heated with his words directed also at Brown.

Stay tuned.......but possibly a very bad sign of things to come. Did not appear they were helping a rookie learn, more angrily chewing his ass out.

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Minnesota Timberwolves, Home Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Minnesota Timberwolves, Home

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Mar 15, 2017 11:35 pm

bobc33 wrote:Post game showed quite the heated exchange between Smart and Brown on the court after Jaylen took it to the hole (looked like a very good opportunity) instead of passing it to Smart at the top of the key.

The words continued as they went to the bench with no backing down from either one, Smart jabbing his finger (almost?) into Brown's chest, then Crowder got involved and looked like he was quite heated with his words directed also at Brown.

Stay tuned.......but possibly a very bad sign of things to come.  Did not appear they were helping a rookie learn, more angrily chewing his ass out.

There had to be more ( or less ) to it than that. My friend owns a bar . His wife was jabbing her finger at him while discussing a national figure of some prominence , on the back porch of the bar, the other night. People assumed they were having a knock- down drag -out. Let`s see what they have to say before concluding that 2 vets were ganging up on a rookie.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:45 am

Well I finally brought home a winner. This was a hard fought game in the beginning but they turned on in the second half and that was all it took,

See you next game

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:37 am

looks like it's not a thing:

https://www.instagram.com/fchwpo/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BRrtBkJAs17/?taken-by=fchwpo

nice game by Horford...keep it up big man, we need you to be at the top of your game and aggressive from now on.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:05 am

Use the link to watch the video.  They show what happened out on the floor and then go on to show what happened later on the bench.

"You gotta wait on the play"  It looks like Jaylen went a little free lance, but Jonas did seal off the lane for him (an option on the play?), Jaylen just missed the bunny.

In the long run, maybe it was a learning experience for Jaylen.  The other players did fill Jaylen's car with popcorn, so it didn't appear to be any lasting hard feelings.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics/boston-celtics-prank-rookie-jaylen-brown-after-win-vs-timberwolves

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:29 am

Hi,
I just wanted to add: what a great defense AH did on CAT.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:38 am

Chris Forsberg‏Verified account
@ESPNForsberg

Follow
More
Looks like Jaylen Brown’s car got Popcorned (via Amir Johnson’s snapchat):

RETWEETS

Post Game Thread - vs Minnesota Timberwolves, Home C7AbSd0V4AE-9He

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:41 am

Alpha dog Marcus barking at up and coming alpha dog Jaylen.

Crowder steps between them and Bradley sits next to him on the bench and puts his arm around Smart while Al Horford tells them to chill.

The play was designed for Marcus to pop out up top and then get the pass from Brown.  But Jaylen saw an opportunity to drive the ball since Jonas created a lane with the seal.  Obviously this is no big deal and it shows that there are options off of plays and Jaylen instinctively went with option 3 (he could have also shot the ball off the catch)

The Celtics are truly blessed to have both of them on the team.

About the game....The Wolves are a very young and dynamic group.  They miss Levine.  They still need a few more pieces but I think they have a very bright future.  The Celtics played with a sense of purpose and executed on both ends if the court.  AB is back...our sniper is back.  Al had his A game.  The bench played well.  Crowder is still in a funk 1-5 from bhind the arc and Smart continues his work on building a retaining wall as he laid brick, 0-4.  

This is the stretch run.  Washington losing at home last night did not help their cause. The road looms ahead for them.  Boston with a very favorable schedule should finish up with 9-10 more wins and that should secure the 2nd seed in the East.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:09 am

ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account
@ESPNStatsInfo

Follow
More
Isaiah Thomas had 27 Pts tonight to lead the Celtics in outright scoring for the 32nd straight game. He's in elite company, via @EliasSports

Post Game Thread - vs Minnesota Timberwolves, Home C7Af0yQWkAAPy3U

RETWEETS
José A. HernándezDavor Vitković

Last edited by bobheckler on Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:29 am

In the end. it's about going out and playing basketball and having fun doing what you love to do. For a rookie like Jaylen, you have to learn your lessons, take your lumps, and move on. Marcus needs to learn how to control his emotions better if he is going to coach up a player who will soon be outproducing him. Yelling and sticking your finger in your teammates chest is just as immature as punching a wall. The most important takeaway is probably how good Jaylen's car looks filled with popcorn. I expect both to have huge games against the Nets.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:36 am

For a coach with a defensive reputation, I thought Wolves defense was rather bland. Towns looks like he was sleep walking, the team with the pitbulls on defense was us. Good point bob on Wiggins being 7-20, then hitting 2 in garbage time to make his % look respectable, 2 of his 7 also came right in front of KO's face, who can't defend most of the time, take away those and he was 5-18. We ganged up on Wiggins with Crowder, AB and Smart all doing their pit bull thing. Rubio scored 10 points in first, then AB shut him down in 2nd quarter. Loved Marcus's bully ball scoring in the paint, he needs to live there on offense and he completely took out Wiggins in 2nd half.

If Al plays like this in playoffs, we will have a long run, very complete game by him, like seeing IT not have to carry us in 4th. Back to Thibs, I see no development from Dunn, the defense of Towns and Wiggins looks like its regressing, has that team already subtlety tuned him out? They weren't playing hard or intense, they couldn't take advantage of their superior size....very complete game by us. After some questionable games, very good adjustments by Stevens in 2nd half.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:40 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:For a coach with a defensive reputation, I thought Wolves defense was rather bland. Towns looks like he was sleep walking, the team with the pitbulls on defense was us. Good point bob on Wiggins being 7-20, then hitting 2 in garbage time to make his % look respectable, 2 of his 7 also came right in front of KO's face, who can't defend most of the time, take away those and he was 5-18. We ganged up on Wiggins with Crowder, AB and Smart all doing their pit bull thing. Rubio scored 10 points in first, then AB shut him down in 2nd quarter. Loved Marcus's bully ball scoring in the paint, he needs to live there on offense and he completely took out Wiggins in 2nd half.

If Al plays like this in playoffs, we will have a long run, very complete game by him, like seeing IT not have to carry us in 4th. Back to Thibs, I see no development from Dunn, the defense of Towns and Wiggins looks like its regressing, has that team already subtlety tuned him out? They weren't playing hard or intense, they couldn't take advantage of their superior size....very complete game by us. After some questionable games, very good adjustments by Stevens in 2nd half.

The Wolves have how many defensive stoppers?  Probably none so even though Thibs is a great defensive minded coach the Wolves will need to add to their roster.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:49 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:For a coach with a defensive reputation, I thought Wolves defense was rather bland. Towns looks like he was sleep walking, the team with the pitbulls on defense was us. Good point bob on Wiggins being 7-20, then hitting 2 in garbage time to make his % look respectable, 2 of his 7 also came right in front of KO's face, who can't defend most of the time, take away those and he was 5-18. We ganged up on Wiggins with Crowder, AB and Smart all doing their pit bull thing. Rubio scored 10 points in first, then AB shut him down in 2nd quarter. Loved Marcus's bully ball scoring in the paint, he needs to live there on offense and he completely took out Wiggins in 2nd half.

Cow,

Wiggins was allowed, by the refs, to just run through our players. He did it to KO and he did it once to Smart. Then Smart took the ball down court and did it to him, just put his chest into Wiggins and bulled his way in.

I read that Minny has had the #1 defense in the league post All-Star game. They didn't look it last night but everybody has a bad night.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:54 am

this is a good,young team with hardly any bench to help them out. Once Lavine returns next year, they will be terrific team. Thibs has the summer to fortify his bench more and give the starters a rest. I think they definitely got tired in the fourth quarter. Wiggins is a good player, with a nice shot.. Towns? he has all the tools to go very far in the league. Rubio was the best shooter out there last night for Minny. from what I have read,will be on the trading block in the summer.

this was an all around terrific game for Al, I think he is taking too much heat right now He is what he is, a terrific ballhandler, passer, and many
times a good shooter. He is not a SuperStar, Even Tommy said this when they acquired himl But he brings alot to the table that is good.

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:00 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:this is a good,young team with hardly any bench to help them out. Once Lavine returns next year, they will be  terrific team. Thibs has the summer to fortify his bench more and give the starters a rest. I think they definitely got tired in the fourth quarter. Wiggins is a good player, with a nice shot.. Towns? he has all the tools to go very far in the league.  Rubio was the best shooter out there last night for Minny. from what I have read,will be on the trading block in the summer.

this was an all around terrific game for Al,  I think he is taking too much heat right now He is what he is, a terrific ballhandler, passer, and many
times a good shooter. He is not a SuperStar, Even Tommy said this when they acquired himl But he brings alot to the table that is good.

Rosalie

Rosalie,

We missed you on the Game On! thread last night, but you had the best of all possible excuses. Hope you had a great night enjoying the game.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Yes Marcus. You're right. The rook should have passed the ball to you out in 3 point range. You were only 0-4 from there, and what were the chances you'd go 0-5? After all, you are shooting a healthy 28.8% from downtown this year. Selfish, stupid rook. Bitch him out. Show him who's top dog. While you're at it, continue not to pass him the ball as you've done all season. Why start giving the kid chances to score on his own? That'll make you look like a big man. Not.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:58 pm

worcester wrote:Yes Marcus. You're right. The rook should have passed the ball to you out in 3 point range. You were only 0-4 from there, and what were the chances you'd go 0-5? After all, you are shooting a healthy 28.8% from downtown this year. Selfish, stupid rook. Bitch him out. Show him who's top dog. While you're at it, continue not to pass him the ball as you've done all season. Why start giving the kid chances to score on his own? That'll make you look like a big man. Not.

Worcester

Tell us how you really feel.. I have to agree with you.  I think we have witnessed enough mindless offensive decisions by Marcus over the past 3 years.  He is just 23 and still learning his craft   I thought his barking was not necessary.  As you pointed out Marcus out at the arc kills the option for him to actually make a 3 pointer.

I hope Brad or another veteran teammate pulls him aside and helps him understand that there is little value in that level of criticism.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:20 pm

Not for anything, who is he to start ripping the kid???  This is where those little incidents with Thomas come back to haunt Brad. He should have take IT in his office and remind IT who is running this team. I am not in fan of a players doing this  in thin plain view of the fans.

Last edited by RosalieTCeltics on Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:54 pm

"I hope Brad or another veteran teammate pulls him aside and helps him understand that there is little value in that level of criticism."

Fully agree.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:44 pm

dboss wrote:

The Wolves have how many defensive stoppers?  Probably none so even though Thibs is a great defensive minded coach the Wolves will need to add to their roster.

dboss

I don't know how many stoppers they have, but aren't KAT, Dieng, Wiggins, Dunn and Rubio considered above avg defenders. You would think a good coach could make defenders better. Ray and Paul really upped their defense first year of Thibbs, ofcourse KG was the real factor, making everyone better defensively.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:09 pm

I think Horford did a great job on Townes in the second half. Wiggins did a pretty good job, he is going to develop into a terrific player, and their shots at so smooth, effortless. Rubio was shooting the ball well. It is hard to understand why they want to get rid of him other than he must be up for big money next year. It was strange watching Thibs, when the Celtics went on a run, he did not call a time out until it was almost too late. Yet, at the beginning of the game, less than two minutes gone and the score 4-2, he immediately call a 20 second time out, kind of early to waste a time out.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:22 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I think Horford did a great job on Townes in the second half. Wiggins did a pretty good job, he is going to develop into a terrific player, and their shots at so smooth, effortless. Rubio was shooting the ball well. It is hard to understand why they want to get rid of him other than he must be up for big money next year.  It was strange watching Thibs, when the Celtics went on a run, he did not call a time out until it was almost too late.  Yet, at the beginning of the game, less than two minutes gone and the score 4-2, he immediately call a 20 second time out, kind of early to waste a time out.

I agree Wiggins is a talent, the#1 pick in the draft for a reason, however wasn't it great seeing Marcus shut him down in the 2nd half? Smart has problems on lightning quick points that he can't lay a body on, but these bigger 2's and 3's he just presses on them and stops them cold.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:21 am

Marcus is a force of nature.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:40 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:I think Horford did a great job on Townes in the second half. Wiggins did a pretty good job, he is going to develop into a terrific player, and their shots at so smooth, effortless. Rubio was shooting the ball well. It is hard to understand why they want to get rid of him other than he must be up for big money next year.  It was strange watching Thibs, when the Celtics went on a run, he did not call a time out until it was almost too late.  Yet, at the beginning of the game, less than two minutes gone and the score 4-2, he immediately call a 20 second time out, kind of early to waste a time out.

I agree Wiggins is a talent, the#1 pick in the draft for a reason, however wasn't it great seeing Marcus shut him down in the 2nd half? Smart has problems on lightning quick points that he can't lay a body on, but these bigger 2's and 3's he just presses on them and stops them cold.

Cow,

"Smart has problems on lightning quick points that he can't lay a body on, but these bigger 2's and 3's he just presses on them and stops them cold."

4s too.

Offensively, though, he needs to live in the paint.  He is the best post-up guard in the league, better than a lot of swings or even bigs.  Marcus is shooting 28.8% from 3 this year, and that truly sucks, and it's killing his fg%.  He should be touching the paint when he shoots, either posting up or penetrating and doing a floater in the lane.  

Defensively, he makes so many good decisions it's amazing to remember he's just turned 23 11 days ago.  Offensively, he makes a lot of good passing decisions and an incredible number of poor shooting decisions.  Someday he might become a shooter, although I doubt it, (He might become a less onerous shooter but shooters are born shooters, like point guards aren't trained they are born.  Bradley does many things well but every attempt to turn him into a point guard, by Doc and Brad, has failed.  He's not a born point guard.  Smart is not a born shooter) but he could become good enough where you don't cringe when he shoots from distance.  The question for me is "will this happen before his body starts breaking down from his manic style of play?".

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next