Fans Pay big cash for no shows Empty Fans Pay big cash for no shows

Post by dboss Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:08 pm

Cavs resting their big three @ Clippers
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Fans Pay big cash for no shows Empty Re: Fans Pay big cash for no shows

Post by swish Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:31 pm

Could it be that the playoffs are more important to the Cav management - then hurting the feelings of some clipper fans - It's all about priorities.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:49 pm

I feel bad for the fans.  Some poor slob goes to one clipper game per year because tickets cost too much money.  They  pick the Cavs game because the Cavs are all that. And the three best players are no shows including love who just came back recently.  

There should be a refund policy when a healthy player is a healthy  scratch.

Van Gundy said they should be in lounge  chairs!

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:45 am

I agree it sucks for fans to miss seeing a big name play to be rested for the future.

I think back to the Bird years and the 3 hr drives each way to a game my dad would take me to. At the time I was more a Bird fan than a Celtics fan and after all the trouble my father would go to to get those tickets if we showed up and found Bird resting up for other games a month down the road I would have been devestated.

I go to games because I want to see my guys play in person. I'm paying good money for not just an expereince, but a memory. I want to say "yeah, I recall that game, I was there when Bird did this or that... " not, "yeah, I went to see my favorite player on my favorite team sit on the bench for 48 minuttes- he laughed a lot, pointed to a cheerleader once or twice and drank a lot of gator aid."
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:24 am

lets hope that loss allow us to pass them as the top seed in the east.

then we play a game 7 at home and kick their asses.......you can BET that the media would be all over the fact that their top three players all got to sit out this game then.

not sure how much more blatant a team can make it that the Cav's did last night, but I'm also not sure what anyone can do about it, except my scenario above. Make it cost the team on the floor when it counts.

Obviously the Cav's don't think that is going to happen.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:34 am

kdp59 wrote:lets hope that loss allow us to pass them as the top seed in the east.

then we play a game 7 at home and kick their asses.......you can BET that the media would be all over the fact that their top three players all got to sit out this game then.

not sure how much more blatant a team can make it that the Cav's did last night, but I'm also not sure what anyone can do about it, except my scenario above. Make it cost the team on the floor when it counts.

Obviously the Cav's don't think that is going to happen.

for those few of us old enough to remember the 1968-69 Celtics finished in the 4th and final playoff spot in the east. Bill Russell player coach LOST games in the final weeks as he limited minutes for himself and the older players on the team knowing full well that not having home court was no where near as important as being fresh for the playoffs................only difference is Russ and Sam Jones actually went out on the court and played some just not the 40+ minutes they usually did.

And I'm sure Sam would agree. As he witnessed perhaps the best Celtic 7th game win ever..........on the road in laker land to take it all !!

beat

beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:02 pm

It used to be that you paid the same price for the seat you are sitting in no matter who the opponent. Now, there are no holds bared. You pay regular price for Nets, Philly, all the low teams.

Let the Cavs, Warriors, any higher ranked teams the price goes sky high. So, when these teams decide to sit their top players, you are paying to see scrubs to say the least. This is so wrong.

Say what you want to say about resting your guys, but these fans are being taken for a long ride. I hate this system.

It is one thing during the playoffs, but regular games??? The world revolves around $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Sun Mar 19, 2017 2:17 pm

I'll take the management rested player approach - since I have always enjoyed watching the bench rookies showcasing their skills. It all goes back to the late 40's when I eagerly awaited baseballs annual September call-up of the minor league rookies. There's a trade off here and its just a matter of picking your poison.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down