Celtics struggling to score when Isaiah Thomas is on the bench

3 posters

Go down

Celtics struggling to score when Isaiah Thomas is on the bench Empty Celtics struggling to score when Isaiah Thomas is on the bench

Post by bobheckler Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:46 am

Offensively, we're a one-trick pony.  This is what happens when we fall in love with defenders who can't shoot.

https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/849974574729089024/photo/1

Celtics struggling to score when Isaiah Thomas is on the bench C8u22BBWAAIGWCo

Full article, with more graphs:

http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/celtics/post/_/id/4725709/celtics-struggling-to-score-when-isaiah-thomas-is-on-the-bench

We need a shooter. I think we need one of those more than we need a rim protector. We need someone other than IT because we can see everybody is double and triple teaming him and forcing everybody else to beat them, and they aren't. Gerald Green does it, sometimes, but didn't last night. Marcus Thornton fit the bill but, for some reason, he has bounced around the league (although, if I had to make the deal for IT, which sent Thornton and Cleveland's #1 to Phoenix, I'd do it all over again in a NY second). Mr. Herky Jerky could do it, as much as he triggered cardiac arrhythmia in me, but he's hooked on in NOP.

Rozier does so many good things but his shooting is on a par with Marcus Smart's, which is the worst I've ever seen from a professional basketball player averaging that many minutes. Jaylen could become a shooter, he seems to have some touch, but he has to WANT to score a lot and I don't see that in him. Maybe that's just him being a rookie and 2-3 years from now he'll demand the ball.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Celtics struggling to score when Isaiah Thomas is on the bench Empty Re: Celtics struggling to score when Isaiah Thomas is on the bench

Post by worcester Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:05 am

Well, at least the path forward is clear. get another shooter/scorer. Minimize reliance on Smart.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Celtics struggling to score when Isaiah Thomas is on the bench Empty Re: Celtics struggling to score when Isaiah Thomas is on the bench

Post by NYCelt Thu Apr 06, 2017 11:02 am

This is why that Nets pick is so critical (I'm being Captain Obvious here).  We keep it and likely pick top 4, and there are at least 4 very strong talents there. A young player to develop and play for the long-term.

As I just said in another thread, the only acceptable trade scenario is to bring in a player who is something like Steph Curry v2.0.

We're getting there.  The building blocks are going to be available.  We've got some great D.  Now, if we're patient and wise, we pick up another scorer or two.  From what we do know so far, it looks like the top opportunity is going to be the Nets pick.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down