beat
bobheckler
jrleftfoot
worcester
fierce
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

POST GAME CHICAGO - AWAY - PLAYOFF SERIES ROUND #1 GAME #4  - Page 2 Empty Re: POST GAME CHICAGO - AWAY - PLAYOFF SERIES ROUND #1 GAME #4

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:50 pm

Brad Stevens is getting a lot of what I consider unjustified criticism on this board. Jaylen Brown isn`t playing because it isn`t time for rookie mistakes. Three minutes on the court is enough to cost a game. Not now! His time will come. Why didn`t Rozier play more during the regular season? His 36 percent shooting and 31 from 3 pt. range might be a clue. I don`t think Stevens has a doghouse. He plays guys when he thinks they can contribute. You can`t have it both ways . How were Green and Brown going to get regular  minutes without taking away from Crowder? Nobody plays a 12 man rotation.  Brown got regular season minutes because he is the future of the Celtics . Green is getting them now because he`s the veteran and by far the more explosive scorer at this stage of their careers . Stevens has explained that Green was behind the curve after being injured in the preseason and Gerald said in an interview the other day that he was grateful the coach had simplified the playbook for him. Nobody is perfect , but the Celtics have come from 2 games down , under his direction under the most traumatic conditions imaginable. I don`t get all the nit-picking. My 2 cents.

Last edited by jrleftfoot on Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

POST GAME CHICAGO - AWAY - PLAYOFF SERIES ROUND #1 GAME #4  - Page 2 Empty Re: POST GAME CHICAGO - AWAY - PLAYOFF SERIES ROUND #1 GAME #4

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:23 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:Brad Stevens is getting a lot of what I consider unjustified criticism on this board. Jaylen Brown isn`t playing because it isn`t time for rookie mistakes. Three minutes on the court is enough to cost a game. Not now! His time will come. Why didn`t Rozier play more during the regular season? His 36 percent shooting and 31 from 3 pt. range might be a clue. I don`t think Stevens has a doghouse. He plays guys when he thinks they can contribute. You can`t have it both ways . How were Green and Brown going to get regular  minutes without taking away from Crowder? Nobody plays a 12 man rotation.  Brown got regular season minutes because he is the future of the Celtics . Green is getting them now because he`s the veteran and by far the more explosive scorer at this stage of their career`s . Stevens has explained that Green was behind the curve after being injured in the preseason and Gerald said in an interview the other day that he was grateful the coach had simplified the playbook for him. Nobody is perfect , but the Celtics have come from 2 games down , under his direction under the most traumatic conditions imaginable. I don`t get all the nit-picking. My 2 cents.

Jr,

+1

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:53 pm

Thanks to bobheckler for the shooting stats. I agree , by the way , that Smart and Rozier are not overcome by the moment. They seem to excel when it counts, especially Smart.
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:02 pm

jrleftfoot wrote:Brad Stevens is getting a lot of what I consider unjustified criticism on this board. Jaylen Brown isn`t playing because it isn`t time for rookie mistakes. Three minutes on the court is enough to cost a game. Not now! His time will come. Why didn`t Rozier play more during the regular season? His 36 percent shooting and 31 from 3 pt. range might be a clue. I don`t think Stevens has a doghouse. He plays guys when he thinks they can contribute. You can`t have it both ways . How were Green and Brown going to get regular  minutes without taking away from Crowder? Nobody plays a 12 man rotation.  Brown got regular season minutes because he is the future of the Celtics . Green is getting them now because he`s the veteran and by far the more explosive scorer at this stage of their careers . Stevens has explained that Green was behind the curve after being injured in the preseason and Gerald said in an interview the other day that he was grateful the coach had simplified the playbook for him. Nobody is perfect , but the Celtics have come from 2 games down , under his direction under the most traumatic conditions imaginable. I don`t get all the nit-picking. My 2 cents.

There always seems to be a fascination with potential that is sometimes overdosed with wishful thinking. Draft day is one of those days when fans can't way to see what Santa has left under the tree - the franchise savior - or a lump of coal. Only the number 1 pick has a reasonable chance of going on to all-star status (about .600 percent ) For the other top 4 picks - it's more like an average of .200 percent - and for the rest of the draft - it gets even worse.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2