kdp59
Rmbone
cowens/oldschool
worcester
bobheckler
17 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

POST GAME WASHINGTON - AWAY -  PLAYOFF - 2ND ROUND - GAME 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: POST GAME WASHINGTON - AWAY - PLAYOFF - 2ND ROUND - GAME 4

Post by sinus007 Wed May 10, 2017 9:01 am

Hi,
Methinks that pretty soon KO will be more controversial here than RR on BDC.
Basketball Basketball Basketball

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

POST GAME WASHINGTON - AWAY -  PLAYOFF - 2ND ROUND - GAME 4 - Page 4 Empty Re: POST GAME WASHINGTON - AWAY - PLAYOFF - 2ND ROUND - GAME 4

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed May 10, 2017 10:38 am

the +/- stat has already been proven by many on many occasions to be a worthless stat

as another example on stats, I didn't check these stats, but someone pointed out that KO's 3 point% is 37% and Larry Birds is 32%....that's proof right there that girlie man is better in an aspect of the game that Bird was legendary at, can't make this up, its all there in the numbers, right?

so lets all agree KO is a better 3 point shooter than Larry Bird.....you know cause stats are proof and they are the final barometer!!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed May 10, 2017 10:41 am

bobc33 wrote:Worcester that is simply a fascinating analysis.  The talent we have on this forum is amazing!

really bobc33, I see a lot of delusional views here on very obvious things....????

some people look for every damn irrelevant stat, the eyes see more than stats

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed May 10, 2017 10:48 am

Cow, it is not delusional to observe that folks are spending way too much time focusing on Kelly as being the cause of the Celtics demise when there are other more significant failures on the roster, and there other glimmers too - Al Horford and Terry Rozier being bright spots. Whether we trade, release or resign Kelly will not be a major factor in whether or not the Celtics win #18. There are plenty of other concerns which need to be addressed, shooting and rebounding among them.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Wed May 10, 2017 11:40 am

Lines from a Shakespeare play offered up as an analogy to criticism of a basketball player?  And it works!

No way I can hold a candle to Worcester.  I'm just going to sit back and read his posts!
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed May 10, 2017 12:06 pm

Thanks NY Celt. I'm just trying to keep up with the truly great sports writers on this site, many of whom should have columns in the Boston Globe.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed May 10, 2017 12:14 pm

Rmbone wrote:
112288 wrote:Rmbone,  he failed being a rebounder years ago so they tried to use his shooting skills as an outside threat.

Also, stop suggesting that people used the phase -------make every single 3 point shot...........how absurd ......................your creating fake news!

What KO is required in his role is to make key shots when called on, and he did not ........why.............he is just an average player with limited skill set.  There was 4-5 instances he failed to get a rebound due to his inability to ether putting a hip on his guy and get position or failed to box out (Basketball rebounding 101- go see Red on Roundball on Youtube - Bill Russell) and allowed someone to come flying in to out leap him at 7'.

Oh, so Olynyk is only expected to shoot 100% from 3 in certain situations, aka "when called upon". Got it. Any other player in the league you condemn for not hitting "crucial" second quarter 3 pointers that they are expected to make every single time, "when called upon?"

Rmbone,

There you go again with Fake News! Who said 100%. You should work for the NY Times!

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Wed May 10, 2017 12:41 pm

Who knows, when a player is standing out past the 3-point line, in the middle of the second quarter, in a fast moving playoff game:

if that player is being called on to take (and make) a key shot (100% hit rate or he is a major reason we lost!!)

or

if that player is just taking a regular shot (Less than 100% hit rate is okay, even the greats hit 3's a little better than 40% and no one puts too much importance on a isolated miss or two from them . . .)

Who gets to decide that?

Just wondering  drunken

Back to top Go down

Post by Berlin-T Wed May 10, 2017 12:46 pm

I for one I'm sick and tired of the Kelly bashing. He is what he is and also what he is not. He is a good to great ball facilitator, a pretty good shooter, can set hard picks (ask Oubre) and strangely enough when he's on the floor our team is usually on the plus side of plus-minus. He is not a great or even good rebounder, rim protector and/or blocker outer.
So what more is there to talk about?

This team has some serious problems and they don't start with Olynyk. Out side of Horford and sometimes Isaiah (he's making a lot of bad decisions on ball handling and trying hopeless layups against three defenders) our starters are playing like crap. That's the problem. And we have a coach who doesn't see any reason to call a time out when his team is getting the crap kicked out of it. That is also a problem. And we have a GM who doesn't seem too concerned about getting the players to correct these problems (perhaps he just has the patience of Job and will get it done eventually).

Picking on Olynyk is absurd when there are so many other problems with this team.
How about giving it a rest, Guys?

God, do I miss Sam on this board!

Berlin-T
Berlin-T
Berlin-T

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed May 10, 2017 12:54 pm

Ok,

Enough of the Kelly bashing...........THE WHOLE TEAM SUCKS!

OK SATISFIED..............THEY AIN'T GETTING IT DONE!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Wed May 10, 2017 1:29 pm

Berlin-T wrote:I for one I'm sick and tired of the Kelly bashing. He is what he is and also what he is not. He is a good to great ball facilitator, a pretty good shooter, can set hard picks (ask Oubre) and strangely enough when he's on the floor our team is usually on the plus side of plus-minus. He is not a great or even good rebounder, rim protector and/or blocker outer.

This team has some serious problems and they don't start with Olynyk. Out side of Horford and sometimes Isaiah (he's making a lot of bad decisions on ball handling and trying hopeless layups against three defenders) our starters are playing like crap. That's the problem. And we have a coach who doesn't see any reason to call a time out when his team is getting the crap kicked out of it. That is also a problem. And we have a GM who doesn't seem too concerned about getting the players to correct these problems (perhaps he just has the patience of Job and will get it done eventually).

Picking on Olynyk is absurd when there are so many other problems with this team.

Berlin-T

Amen!

Thinking of my expectations at the beginning of the season and the start of the playoffs, going deep into the second round I am pleased. The Cs aren't close to a finished product, we have the assets to make many a major move before next season starts and my guess is Trader Dan will live up to his name this offseason.

I'm bummed the last two games have been bad, but does anyone really think we are a contending team at this point?

I'm enjoying the ride.

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Wed May 10, 2017 2:08 pm

Bob 33

Well put!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed May 10, 2017 2:30 pm

bobc33 wrote:
Berlin-T wrote:I for one I'm sick and tired of the Kelly bashing. He is what he is and also what he is not. He is a good to great ball facilitator, a pretty good shooter, can set hard picks (ask Oubre) and strangely enough when he's on the floor our team is usually on the plus side of plus-minus. He is not a great or even good rebounder, rim protector and/or blocker outer.

Berlin-T

Amen!

Thinking of my expectations at the beginning of the season and the start of the playoffs, going deep into the second round I am pleased.  The Cs aren't close to a finished product, we have the assets to make many a major move before next season starts and my guess is Trader Dan will live up to his name this offseason.

I'm bummed the last two games have been bad, but does anyone really think we are a contending team at this point?

I'm enjoying the ride.

bob,

Good perspective.

And, may I remember everybody, the score is 2-2 and we have 2 of the next 3 in Boston. Washington would love to have that reversed.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by rickdavisakaspike Wed May 10, 2017 2:35 pm

Two cents I'd like to put in about the Girly Man.

1. He's from Canada, eh? He says oot and aboot. Who wouldn't want to throw him on the floor and stomp on his hair? Also, who would give a guy like that $15 million per season? Here's some advice to Danny: only give it to him if he accepts it in Canadian dollars.

2. There is one good thing aboot him: He keeps cow from talking about Kendrick Perkins. Hallelujia baby! He may be worth $15 million (Canadian) for that reason alone.

And cow, you really need to let go. As Yogi said, "Even Napoleon had his Watergate."

rickdavisakaspike

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Wed May 10, 2017 4:22 pm

rickdavisakaspike wrote:Two cents I'd like to put in about the Girly Man.

1.  He's from Canada, eh?  He says oot and aboot.  Who wouldn't want to throw him on the floor and stomp on his hair?  Also, who would give a guy like that $15 million per season?  Here's some advice to Danny: only give it to him if he accepts it in Canadian dollars.

2.  There is one good thing aboot him: He keeps cow from talking about Kendrick Perkins.  Hallelujia baby!  He may be worth $15 million (Canadian) for that reason alone.  

And cow, you really need to let go.  As Yogi said, "Even Napoleon had his Watergate."

Spike,

Too funny!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed May 10, 2017 4:49 pm

LOL!!!
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 11, 2017 2:31 am

I still love Perk !!!

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4