+5
kdp59
fierce
Ktronic1
sinus007
bobheckler
9 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Washington Wizards, Home - PLAYOFF #5 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Washington Wizards, Home - PLAYOFF #5

Post by bobheckler Wed May 10, 2017 10:41 pm

Avery with the HUGE game.  29 points on 12-19, 4-7 from 3, 6 rebounds and great defense on Wall all game.  Never let Wall get going.

Horford with a great all-round game.  He was shooting very well, 8-9, and had 3 blocks.  A real glue game.  BobC called it "a Walton game" on the Game On thread.  Right, Bob?

Smart is hurting.  I don't know what it is but you could see he was playing hurt.  Still, 11 rebounds, 6 assists, 0 TOs.  3-7 shooting and I can definitely live with that from him.

Brown got 26 minutes.  Not a great night.  He was 0-3 but his defense on Bogie was really good for most of it.  Bogie is his designated man, it seems.

Rozier and Kelly are the other 2 bench players Brad went with not including garbage time.  Both good.  Rozier with sticky defense on Wall when Bradley was sitting and Kelly with 2 blocks at the rim, a steal and 3-5 shooting.

HUGE win.  HUGE.  Really puts Washington in a pressure cooker.  Every game from now on is a 7th game for them.  I won't say they needed this game but it really makes the mountain a little bit higher for them since they must win in Boston and now they only have one shot left and it will not be easy and they will have to expend a lot of emotion to survive to game 7.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400952530

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Washington Wizards, Home - PLAYOFF #5 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Washington Wizards, Home - PLAYOFF #5

Post by sinus007 Wed May 10, 2017 10:42 pm

Hi,
Everyone played as if there's no tomorrow. Exactly as doctor prescribed.
I hope Celtics will do the same on Fri.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Wed May 10, 2017 10:47 pm

We bring the same game on Friday and its a wrap. All the pressure is on the Bullets!
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Wed May 10, 2017 10:49 pm

When facing elimination Home teams are 0-9 in the playoffs this year!
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Thu May 11, 2017 2:07 am

Ktronic1 wrote:We bring the same game on Friday and its a wrap. All the pressure is on the Bullets!

Hopefully the Celts are not out of bullets from beyond the arc.

Celts made 16 3s in Game 5.

If Celts can keep making 3s, they'll wrap it up in Washington.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Thu May 11, 2017 7:30 am

who is Bogie?

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu May 11, 2017 7:42 am

Best game the Celtics have played all series.

End to end domination.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu May 11, 2017 9:03 am

kdp59 wrote:who is Bogie?

kdp,

Bogdan Bogdanovic.

If you want to write that whole thing out every time, knock yourself out. I'm a "shortcut" type of guy...

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu May 11, 2017 9:52 am

Like always to me it boils down to one thing.........shooting the ball. Shoot well you are always in the game. We shot well which helped trigger lots of other stuff.

Never let the Wiz go on an extended run at all. Only remember once they scored on 3 consecutive possessions. In a game that is usually full of runs truly there was only one this game. After a 4-0 start by the wiz we go 16-0 on them.

Also seems many time we work so hard on the offensive end to get a good look. Not last night not at all. The wiz defense was like my Calc Regents score.......fail. Love it when we get easy hoops especially after a good defensive set, no idea how many uncontested layups we had, but it was a lot.

If one small play was a microcosm of this game it was our own Ghengis Khan, Marcus Smart leaping over a much taller wiz and ripping a rebound from him ........ simply put he, and we wanted it a whole lot more than they did.

And minutes were easy for us too. Big Al never got off the bench in 4th I don't think. Didn't need him.

Series is far from over for sure........but just how many of us thought we'd still be teeing it up on May 10?

I know there will be roster moves, there has to be. But who ever goes I hope they can shine, except of course when they play us!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Thu May 11, 2017 10:45 am

When Boston plays true Celtics basketball, this is what is possible. This was a team win with no need for IT to play hero ball. This is how the team should have been playing all season. Every player getting the chance to shine without the added pressure of "having" to do it. Why wasn't Brad having IT set screens for Horford all year? lol Marcus played within the flow of the game and was much more efficient. AB showed how he continues to improve every year and to translate that into meaningful contributions. Jaylen didn't score but he was on the floor when the team was playing best.

There were lots of "keepers" last night. Guys who showed up and played the right way, the Celtics Way. It doesn't mean that everyone playing last night could eventually be upgraded. But we see clearly how difficult Danny's job is when the team plays the way they did yesterday. How do you upgrade Bradley's D and O? (but he needs to stay healthy!) How do you upgrade Smart's desire to go up against the big and rip the ball away? How do you upgrade Horford and his point center play? Each of these players have flaws that can lose a game. But together, as a team, they can be unbeatable. Even this year, if they play like last night, they can go all the way to the Finals.

Last night might not mean the end to Brad's mistakes as coach. But it should mean the end of Hero Ball (except when a hero is needed, that's why you want stars on the team) Fast paced TEAM basketball is the hallmark of the Boston Celtics. That is what will bring the next banner.

17goingon18
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu May 11, 2017 11:17 am

Hi,
Speaking about IT4 in the last game. In a few instances he swapped roles with AH: he became a screener allowing AH to either shoot or roll to the hoop or to be in excellent position to distribute the ball. And they executed this (reverse) p-n-r perfectly.
I wonder whose idea it was?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 11, 2017 9:41 pm

beat wrote:Like always to me it boils down to one thing.........shooting the ball.   Shoot well you are always in the game.  We shot well which helped trigger lots of other stuff.

Never let the Wiz go on an extended run at all.  Only remember once they scored on 3 consecutive possessions.  In a game that is usually full of runs truly there was only one this game.  After a 4-0 start by the wiz we go 16-0 on them.  

Also seems many time we work so hard on the offensive end to get a good look.  Not last night not at all. The wiz defense was like my Calc Regents score.......fail.   Love it when we get easy hoops especially after a good defensive set,  no idea how many uncontested layups we had, but it was a lot.

If one small play was a microcosm of this game it was our own Ghengis Khan, Marcus Smart leaping over a much taller wiz and ripping a rebound from him ........ simply put he, and we wanted it a whole lot more than they did.

And minutes were easy for us too. Big Al never got off the bench in 4th I don't think. Didn't need him.

Series is far from over for sure........but just how many of us thought we'd still be teeing it up on May 10?

I know there will be roster moves, there has to be.  But who ever goes I hope they can shine, except of course when they play us!

beat

good post beat agree with your points on shooting and whoever shoots better usually wins, but our defense played inspired frenetic defense, we were challenging practically all their shots, was the best defensive game I've ever seen by a Stevens crew, so IMHO the defense should be credited with for stopping the Wiz's shooting and scoring.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu May 11, 2017 9:53 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:
beat wrote:Like always to me it boils down to one thing.........shooting the ball.   Shoot well you are always in the game.  We shot well which helped trigger lots of other stuff.

Never let the Wiz go on an extended run at all.  Only remember once they scored on 3 consecutive possessions.  In a game that is usually full of runs truly there was only one this game.  After a 4-0 start by the wiz we go 16-0 on them.  

Also seems many time we work so hard on the offensive end to get a good look.  Not last night not at all. The wiz defense was like my Calc Regents score.......fail.   Love it when we get easy hoops especially after a good defensive set,  no idea how many uncontested layups we had, but it was a lot.

I know there will be roster moves, there has to be.  But who ever goes I hope they can shine, except of course when they play us!

beat

good post beat agree with your points on shooting and whoever shoots better usually wins, but our defense played inspired frenetic defense, we were challenging practically all their shots, was the best defensive game I've ever seen by a Stevens crew, so IMHO the defense should be credited with for stopping the Wiz's shooting and scoring.

Cow

Too often we struggle for even an open look. Lots of our scoring was indeed due to our defense but if you can't put the ball in the hole you are not gonna win a thing?

I don't think you demoralize a team as much with a defensive play as you do when you score consistently off it

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Thu May 11, 2017 10:23 pm

beat was great to see our offense scoring off great defense and seeing us win so bigly without IT having to carry us. Oubre actually did a good job shielding IT for stretches and not letting him catch the ball. In a copycat league if teams put their best defensive wing on IT, we will have to adapt.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri May 12, 2017 10:09 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:beat was great to see our offense scoring off great defense and seeing us win so bigly without IT having to carry us. Oubre actually did a good job shielding IT for stretches and not letting him catch the ball. In a copycat league if teams put their best defensive wing on IT, we will have to adapt.

so let them "waste" the best defender on him.

we adjusted well and will probably continue to do so. We got others that can score.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri May 12, 2017 10:21 am

beat wrote:
cowens/oldschool wrote:beat was great to see our offense scoring off great defense and seeing us win so bigly without IT having to carry us. Oubre actually did a good job shielding IT for stretches and not letting him catch the ball. In a copycat league if teams put their best defensive wing on IT, we will have to adapt.

so let them "waste" the best defender on him.

we adjusted well and will probably continue to do so. We got others that can score.

beat

beat,

I agree, we have others that can score.  We are, in fact, a really good catch-and-shoot team.  Where we are currently weak, in my opinion, is in penetrators.  If you watched the Spurs-Rockets game last night the Spurs had numerous players penetrating and kicking to an open man for an open shot.  We have IT.  Pop's system works so well because he has guys who can take other players off the dribble and get into the paint, forcing the defense to collapse.  We need Bradley or Rozier or Brown or someone, even big ol' clumsy white boy Olynyk to put the ball on the floor and touch the paint.  We can't just keep passing it around the horn and think that will generate good, open looks.  We need to draw the perimeter defenders in to create the open looks our scorers, like IT, can knock down.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down