Five Guard Rotation

3 posters

Go down

Five Guard Rotation Empty Five Guard Rotation

Post by dboss Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:17 pm

Firstly this is not a new wrinkle for the Celtics historically.

This year we saw games where Boston had 3 guards in the lineup. I think we are going to see more of that small ball rotation this year.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Five Guard Rotation Empty Re: Five Guard Rotation

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:21 pm

so if we draft Fultz, do you still think there is room for Rozier?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:31 pm

cowens/oldschool wrote:so if we draft Fultz, do you still think there is room for Rozier?

Cow,

Given Bradley's injury history I would say so. IT can't defend fast point guards AND score 30. Smart can't stay in front of them and I don't see Fultz doing it either.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Jun 12, 2017 2:41 pm

There are two god awful shooters on this team (Marcus Smart and Terry Rozier)

Both are good defenders but below average offensive players. I expect the player most impacted by Fultz being drafted will be Marcus Smart. I actually think that both AB and IT may see a 2-3 minute reduction in their playing time and Marcus could see a 5 minute reduction from his current 30 MPG playing time. Terry may get traded unless he shows great improvement over the summer.

The Celtics need shooters on the floor (IT, AB, JB and Fultz) I have felt for a long time that Marcus Smart is a specialty player. A swiss army knife of sorts but he is not a guy that is going to come into the game and give you offense. The same can be said for Terry Rozier where his on the ball defense and quickness allows the team to pressure the ball.

I think the 5 man rotation of guards will be AB, IT, MS and MF and depending on matchups Rozier will rotate into the game.

I think that Jaylen Brown will need more minutes and Crowder could see less minutes (maybe go from 32 MPG to 27 mpg and also be used more at PF in the small ball lineup to make room for Jaylen to play more.

The Celtics look to be deep and solid 1-3.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down