The Michael Beasley trade rumors begin!

+2
sinus007
Brandon$$
6 posters

Go down

The Michael Beasley trade rumors begin! Empty The Michael Beasley trade rumors begin!

Post by Brandon$$ Sat Apr 24, 2010 12:36 pm

The Michael Beasley trade rumors begin! Fanasy_g_beasley1_sw_576
http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm

So if Beasley can be moved before the draft for a player with only a partial guarantee for 2010-11, or if the Heat can arrange an uneven deal (salary-wise) and send him to an under-the-cap team in a trade that would be consummated after the league's one-week moratorium on player movement ends July 8, look for Riley to go for it. ESPN.com

But even if Riley is able to land one extremely heavy hitter in free agency (that list begins with LeBron James and continues with Chris Bosh, Amare Stoudemire and Carlos Boozer), he isn't going to have enough room to get that second stud if he still has Beasley on the roster making $4.96 million. And sources have told ESPN.com that Miami, fed up with Beasley's lack of devotion to defense and steep learning curve in the maturity department, tried diligently to move Beasley before the trading deadline in February but found no takers willing to give up anything more than garbage. ESPN.com

But not so much that he'd let a bad decision from 2008 get in the way of what he wants to build for 2011, 2012 and 2013. (There are some in the Heat organization who believe Riley will offer Wade and two other players the option of signing four-year contracts with opt-out clauses after three years). "That's a tough question. It may be true, it may not," Beasley said beforehand when asked if he realized his future in Miami could be determined by this series. "It could be. You are most definitely right. Will it be? Who knows? I haven't heard anything regarding this summer." ESPN.com

But Michael Beasley said he appreciated how his play in what remains in this opening-round playoff series against the Boston Celtics could impact his future with the Miami Heat. "That's a good question," the second-year forward said. "That's a very good question. I honestly never thought about that. Maybe true. Maybe it's not." With the Heat clearing significant cap space this offseason with the hopes of rebuilding around a re-signed Dwyane Wade, Beasley was asked if he could see himself sacrificed for additional cap space. "I don't know. I haven't heard anything," he said, already under contract for $4.96 million next season. "I haven't heard anything regarding this summer." South Florida Sun-Sentinel
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down

The Michael Beasley trade rumors begin! Empty Re: The Michael Beasley trade rumors begin!

Post by sinus007 Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:21 pm

Hi,
I don't know about Beasley but can we get Wade somehow?

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

The Michael Beasley trade rumors begin! Empty Re: The Michael Beasley trade rumors begin!

Post by steve3344 Sat Apr 24, 2010 4:56 pm

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
I don't know about Beasley but can we get Wade somehow?

AK

Nope.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:01 pm

ask Gyso, he is the expert!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:28 pm

You have super talent with a young mind attached. He's 21. He's not been seasoned right and I think the coaching has failed him. Put him under KG like KG did with Baby and you have a real talent! He's a pure diamond in the rough.

PS

After checking his story out, I would pass on him. He's had a drug/psych problem and checked him self into a clinic. Not that I am against redemption, but we would have to get him for peanuts to take him on and we better have a good psychologist on hand!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:59 pm

hes a bad tweener,not that athletic,remember them listing him in college at 6'10",well hes a tiny invisible 6'8"

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Apr 25, 2010 8:50 am

Being in Miami has been no help for this kid. I think they kind him threw him to the wind and told him to grow up. I don't think he has. When he has a game like the other night it wets the appetite. Then you look at his stats for the year and you get discouraged. I would not even think about this kid, the last thing we need is a "project". We need someone who will help right away, but..young.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down