Post Game Thread Celtics lose to Heat 101-92 Sun 4/25/2010

5 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread Celtics lose to Heat 101-92 Sun 4/25/2010 Empty Post Game Thread Celtics lose to Heat 101-92 Sun 4/25/2010

Post by dboss Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:54 am

The Celtics pushed this one to the limit despite falling behind by 18 points. The Celts turned the ball over early and often and had to scratch and claw their way back into the game.

Wade had a great game. no doubt about that. He could not miss but even with his great performance the Celtics were still there at the end with a chance to close this one out. RA is as gifted a free throw shooter as I have ever seen but his 1-4 down the stretch and KG splitting a pair made it impossible to pull this one out.

I did not particularly agree with using Tony Allen for only 14 minutes. This is the second game in a row where TA only played 14 minutes. I just thought I would point that out given the way Wade lit the skies up yesterday afternoon.

A continued team effort in Game 5 should end this seires.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread Celtics lose to Heat 101-92 Sun 4/25/2010 Empty Re: Post Game Thread Celtics lose to Heat 101-92 Sun 4/25/2010

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:33 pm

This game meant a helluva lot more to the Heat than to the Celtics. Not only was it "win or go home", it was "win or lose Wade". As it is, Wade probably isn't too happy about the fact that he's carrying the entire team on his back. After getting blowtorched in the previous game, the Miami Heat needed to make "a statement". They didn't, Duane Wade did, and that's why it's 3-1. Teams playing together make louder statements than individual players. Oh shit, that's gonna be another fine from David Stern for saying that. You'd think I'd learn by now that it's all about the individual and this "team" stuff is just old school. Nah.

1. I saw two of the most amazing things I've seen in a long time in that game. One was DWade going completely unconscious and throwing the ball in from anywhere and everywhere, regardless of the defense. That was an amazing example of ME-ball. He scored 17 of the first 24 Miami points in the 4th quarter (until the timeout with 3:48 left). He was 5-6 from the floor and 4-5 from the line. The second most amazing thing was DWade talking to his hand as he ran downcourt . Am I the only person who thinks that's a little weird?

2. GREAT comeback by the Celtics. Down 18 at one point and end up leading by 6 after 3. Nobody could have guarded Wade when he was like that. Nobody. I agree with dboss about playing Tony more, but I don't think Tony would have done much better. I just think playing Tony would have rested our starters more. Don't agree with me about Tony's effectiveness? Talk to the hand.

3. Speaking of Tony, I thought he played another outstanding game. Didn't score like the previous games, but played great sticky defense on Wade for most of the game. At that time, of course, Wade was still a mortal. Tony's stepping it up in these playoffs, though, and I'm loving it.

4. This game, unlike other games, Doc played our starters too many minutes. KG 37, Rondo 44, Pierce 37. Too many. It ain't over yet, Doc. We're looking at LeBron etal next and, hopefully, 2 more series after that. Settle down and keep doing with minutes what you've been doing all season. That's why they're fresh now, remember? We're not "there" yet.

5. Two blown layups by Rondo and three missed free throws by Ray (WTF?) and two missed free throws by KG could have been the difference. I know we lost by nine and not seven, but when you're up a point with 1 minute left, you play differently than if you're down six with 1 minute left. That's how close this was. A couple of things that I'd have bet on in any other situation and felt good about, didn't come through. Know what, though? I'd bet on Rondo layups and Ray Allen freethrows all over again, because that's how close this was.

6. Davis didn't show up (and we got outrebounded). Finley did. Great mid-season pickup by Danny. Finley steps on the floor and the defense can't cheat and that opens up the middle.

7. Rondo's playing 44 because Nate's not taking off his warmups. What exactly is the problem with Nate that the coaching staff is seeing?

8. When was the last time a team shot 49% from the floor, 38% from 3, and still lost? When the other team shot 50% from the floor and a mind-boggling 56% from 3, that's when.

Time to step onto the parquet and please the homies.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread Celtics lose to Heat 101-92 Sun 4/25/2010 Empty Re: Post Game Thread Celtics lose to Heat 101-92 Sun 4/25/2010

Post by gyso Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:57 pm

bobh,

The talking to the hand as he runs downcourt, as far as I can tell, goes roughly like this:

"My Hand!! It is RED HOT!! It is a Magic Hand!! It Cannot Miss!! In Hand We Trust!!"

Something like that. I have seen Dwight Howard do it and I think I saw Davis do it during a recent game. It was a Celtic, I am just guessing Davis due to vagueness of memory. It may have been Nate, but I am leaning toward Davis.

I was surprised by the missed free throws by both teams, 21.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:14 pm

gyso wrote:bobh,

The talking to the hand as he runs downcourt, as far as I can tell, goes roughly like this:

"My Hand!! It is RED HOT!! It is a Magic Hand!! It Cannot Miss!! In Hand We Trust!!"

Something like that. I have seen Dwight Howard do it and I think I saw Davis do it during a recent game. It was a Celtic, I am just guessing Davis due to vagueness of memory. It may have been Nate, but I am leaning toward Davis.

I was surprised by the missed free throws by both teams, 21.

gyso

gyso,

Great. So now it's an NBA "thing".

Maybe they should talk to their teammates hands as in "maybe you should pass the ball to me sometimes" or "how about grabbing some rebounds with that meathook?" but no, they gotta talk to their own hands.

Isn't that what showers are for?

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:14 pm

Hi,
I had a feeling yesterday that Celtics wanted to go back to Boston and play one more game. A few things prompted it:
Lazy play in the 1st half, especially 1st quarter (8 or 9 TOs)
BBD decided to take a day off
Our bigs allowing DWade casually stroll around the hoop
And especially FTs by RA and KG
I hope Celtics and Heat shake hands on Tue.
BTW, I want DWade in green. I know, I know, there's the cap but stranger things have happened.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:04 pm

sinus
I want him in green badly too,I'm much more confident Wade is leaving than Lebron......anything is possible.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down