Rmbone
ginoc
dboss
Improbulus
bobheckler
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Philly, Utah Summer League Empty Post Game Thread - vs Philly, Utah Summer League

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:09 pm

Brown should not be playing summer league. He is head and shoulders better than everybody else on the floor. 29 points on 10-16 and 13 boards. 3-3 from 3.

Tatum started 4-11 and ended up 8-17, so he came on strong at the end and went 4-6. He hit the game winner and wanted the ball to take the shot. Liked that a lot.

Zizic worked hard but is very, very raw. Also quite physical. The most physical player on the floor either team.

Nader should make the team. Very solid and was assigned to defend Fultz the last few key defensive stands and did really well. Also, when Fultz was guarding him he just bully-boy'd him.

Everybody else looked like D-league. Demetrius Jackson had a very, very rough night.

Bolden looked very good for Philly. Fultz too.

http://www.nba.com/games/20170703/BOSPHI#/boxscore

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Philly, Utah Summer League Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Philly, Utah Summer League

Post by Improbulus Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:25 pm

I like what I saw today. Looks like the potential for a two-headed monster in Brown and Tatum for sure.

Improbulus

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Philly, Utah Summer League Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Philly, Utah Summer League

Post by dboss Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:31 pm

Very impressed with 7 11

TATUM filled the stat sheet scoring' assists rebounds and steals.

Brown looks like a veteran.

Zizic was ok I guess but nothing special.

Dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by ginoc Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:49 pm

Brown is a man among boys. He was not last SL, nice to see the obvious progression. I hope they take him off the roster, as he can only get hurt.

Ziziz only played 19 minutes, but he filled he lane.

Tatum...talk about Pierce 2.0, that is who he was down to the last shot.

ginoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Rmbone Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:49 pm

I'd trade a first rounder for Jonah Bolden right now, but I doubt PHI would do it. They're going to have a major roster crunch at PF.

Rmbone

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:53 pm

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
about 7 minutes ago
Jaylen Brown: "I've been putting in a lot of work that nobody's seen. I wanted to come out and make sure they see it."
reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:57 pm

Markelle Fultz being denied the game winner.  That's Nader guarding him and forcing him baseline and Brown rotating weakside to help and get the block on the other side of the rim.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by ginoc Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:58 pm

bobheckler wrote:Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
about 7 minutes ago
Jaylen Brown: "I've been putting in a lot of work that nobody's seen. I wanted to come out and make sure they see it."
reply retweet like

bob

I seen it

ginoc

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:03 pm

Brian Robb @CelticsHub
about 31 minutes ago
Nader on guarding Fultz: " I took it as a challenge. I thought I did pretty well."
reply retweet like

Adam Himmelsbach @AdamHimmelsbach
about 37 minutes ago
Nader: "Now, I see things I wouldn't have recognized a year ago."
reply retweet like

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
57 minutes ago
Number 11 Jayson Tatum had 11 points in the fourth quarter, including the game-winning pull-up to win by 1. The I11uminati is real.
reply retweet like

Brian Robb @CelticsHub
1 hour ago
Tatum buries the midrange go-ahead jumper with a move that will make Paul Pierce smile.
reply retweet like

Jay King @ByJayKing
1 hour ago
Right before that play, Celtics coach Jerome Allen called out "right back to him." Wanted the rock in Tatum's hands there.
reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:35 pm

Brian Robb @CelticsHub
about 25 minutes ago
C's coach Jerome Allen on Jayson Tatum: "He’s an old soul with a pro-like approach...just plays at his pace, like he’s been here before."
reply retweet like

bob
MY NOTE:  Pierce 2.0.

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:51 pm

Improbulus wrote:I like what I saw today.  Looks like the potential for a two-headed monster in Brown and Tatum for sure.

Hey Impro, nice to see you.

One offensively oriented, the other defensively oriented. Perfect.

7-11. 24 hour buckets.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 03, 2017 10:58 pm

bobheckler wrote:Brian Robb @CelticsHub
about 25 minutes ago
C's coach Jerome Allen on Jayson Tatum: "He’s an old soul with a pro-like approach...just plays at his pace, like he’s been here before."
reply retweet like

bob

gotta love it!!!

Bob I thought earlier in the game on the game on you were being way to critical for the first time a kid plays in a preseason game, Tatum might have looked a little nervous before he just got in the flow and just played. We all like to tell our versions of what we want and see, but go easy big fella, there doesn't have to be conclusive evidence after 10 minutes that has to be taken as gospel.

Jaylen showed he's been working and he's a completely different player than last SL. During the season I saw steady improvement, now against this level of competition it's even more apparent. This coming season I see him making a huge leap, Tatum once settling down showed me the talent and skill that made him a top pick, he really can do it in a variety of ways and obviously we're just scratching the surface. I really don't want Hayward, I want to see as much of 7-11 as possible. I think going forward Jaylen is going to have to defend the 2 position to get more minutes to complement Crowder/boy wonder Tatum and in early possessions he seemed to smother Fultz very well.

I really like Abdel Nader, he is so strong going to the basket, hope he can find his niche at next level, we sure have a lot of good completion at the wing this year. Zizic is raw, but I saw a commitment in his game that I liked, rough around the edges, but I want to see more.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:06 pm

Round 1 to Tatum. reminded me of someone..............
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Jul 03, 2017 11:23 pm

This kid Tatum is the Real Deal!

Last edited by 112288 on Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:44 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:48 am

cowens/oldschool wrote:
bobheckler wrote:Brian Robb @CelticsHub
about 25 minutes ago
reply retweet like

bob

gotta love it!!!

Bob I thought earlier in the game on the game on you were being way to critical for the first time a kid plays in a preseason game, Tatum might have looked a little nervous before he just got in the flow and just played. We all like to tell our versions of what we want and see, but go easy big fella, there doesn't have to be conclusive evidence after 10 minutes that has to be taken as gospel.

Jaylen showed he's been working and he's a completely different player than last SL. During the season I saw steady improvement, now against this level of competition it's even more apparent. This coming season I see him making a huge leap, Tatum once settling down showed me the talent and skill that made him a top pick, he really can do it in a variety of ways and obviously we're just scratching the surface. I really don't want Hayward, I want to see as much of 7-11 as possible. I think going forward Jaylen is going to have to defend the 2 position to get more minutes to complement Crowder/boy wonder Tatum and in early possessions he seemed to smother Fultz very well.

I really like Abdel Nader, he is so strong going to the basket, hope he can find his niche at next level, we sure have a lot of good completion at the wing this year. Zizic is raw, but I saw a commitment in his game that I liked, rough around the edges, but I want to see more.

Cow,

Tatum was 4-11 and not playing good defense.  Furthermore, Fultz started out hot and had 2 blocks early.  Fair or not Tatum (and Danny) are going to be judged by how well Tatum does as compared to Fultz.  In rhe 2nd half Tatum settled down and helped us rally back from a double-digit deficit.

Nader has some powerful shoulders on him.  Great defense on Fultz.  Unfortunately, between Crowder (or Hayward), Brown and Tatum there might not be a spot for him, even if Brown plays minutes at 2, which I hope he does.  I'm rooting for Nader.  It was funny listening to the Utah announcer change the way he said Nader's name everytime.  Abdool Nadeer.  LOL.

Zizic has Dwight Howard's offense.  He worked hard though, very hard.  Really fought for boards.  If that's all he does he is a keeper on this team.

My opinions should never be taken as Gospel.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by ginoc Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:28 am

Tatum 5 steals, moves into lane hit's the winning shot. He came on strong after starting slowly.

Fultz has potential game winner shoved down his throat by Brown. After a fast start fizzled some.

ginoc

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:40 am

Rmbone wrote:I'd trade a first rounder for Jonah Bolden right now, but I doubt PHI would do it. They're going to have a major roster crunch at PF.

I was thinking the same ting watching the game also. I even said maybe Philly would be willing to give up Holmes if they need to find a spot to keep Bolden this year.

Holmes could be a younger Amir for us and help with our lack of depth up front .
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:17 am

Post Game Thread - vs Philly, Utah Summer League Screen12

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:18 am

Post Game Thread - vs Philly, Utah Summer League Screen13

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:20 am

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:21 am

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Jul 04, 2017 9:57 am

gyso wrote:

Cowens,

Just to give you goosebumps, check out about 6:20 of this film.  It's after the game, after Tatum has his first post-game NBA interview.  He and Jaylen Brown get down and do an old-school Paul Pierce roll of the dice.

Thought you'd like that.  :-)

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:27 am

There is an adjustment period for Tatum. He said after the game that it was a lot faster than he was used to. Early on he was rushing things a bit but man he settled down in the second half especially in the 4th QTR and played like a seasoned pro.

I am not easily impressed but this kid definitely makes the Celtics a better team.

I also thought that Fultz showed his skills shooting and driving to the rim.

Jackson made a few good plays but he is still a right handed player dribbling the ball. His PG skills are very limited.

Jaylen Brown is ready for extended playing time. Time to open the gates and turn this stud loose.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by ginoc Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:09 am

Just love this Brown quote:
Jaylen: "Last year my job was to play defense...and that’s what I did... This team, it’s a summer league team, my job is to be a playmaker"

ginoc

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Jul 04, 2017 12:03 pm

ginoc wrote:Just love this Brown quote:
Jaylen: "Last year my job was to play defense...and that’s what I did... This team, it’s a summer league team, my job is to be a playmaker"
From someone that got exactly 0 assists.

A concern I have going forward and I realize it's only 1 summer game against summer opponents, our ball movement or should I say lack thereof.  Only a dozen assists.  

Seemed a bit to much one on one way to often and more times than not a forced shot.  

Again it's only one summer league game that featured a lot of players we will not see again come fall.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next