the kissin'days are over!

+2
jeb
DJ
6 posters

Go down

the kissin'days are over! Empty the kissin'days are over!

Post by DJ Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:17 pm

Just google magic book........it ain't pretty,it's got some legs to it.

DJ

Back to top Go down

the kissin'days are over! Empty Re: the kissin'days are over!

Post by jeb Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:52 pm

dj

Some unrest in lakerville?

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:05 am

No-Just Magic coming out finally and giving Isiah what he deserves. Seems Isiah told people that Magic was gay after he came out and told everyone that he had HIV. I gather that there is no love lost between them now. I saw Jackie Macmullen on the sports show tonight and she said that Magic will probably never forgive Thomas for his remarks. It was bad enough that when he was playing no one would shake hands with him or go near his sweaty body, but then this rumor started

Oh well, it is just Thomas being Thomas. He really is a nasty guy.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:28 am

RosalieT

It seems that Isiah is a very troubled cat. I will never forget the day Magic made that announcement ...after sooo many years of hating the guy and pulling against him it brought tears to my eyes. He was a worthy foe.

I look back at Magic with the deepest respect as a player.

I also think what he has done in his business life is extraordinary.

I didn't know how lucky I was to be watching such greatness back in the day. I do now. That's why I am so appreciative of this years squad and thankful to have an adversary like the Lakers to root against. When we beat them it will mean something.

JEB
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by NickFaldo Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:36 am

I remember Karl Malone wasn't too cool about it either, saying something like he didn't want to play in the same games as Magic in case he got a cut. Wasn't Isiah involved in some reverse-racist remarks thrown at Larry? Something about how he was only considered great because he was white? Not trying to offend anyone. Just trying to remember without googling. Also, wasn't Isiah involved with some kind of sexual harrassment allegation? Apologies to Isiah in advance if I'm off-base.

NickFaldo

Back to top Go down

Post by NickFaldo Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:37 am

I liked the variety show Magic did. I like how Magic and Larry were obsessed with each other, kind of like an Ali-Frazier, pushing each other to greatness.

NickFaldo

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:49 am

Mr Faldo

I think he said if Bird were black he'd be "just another player"...seemed like he and Bird smoothed it out. He (thomas) was sure one hell of a player.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by NickFaldo Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:56 am

Isiah was incredible, a pure point guard. It just shows that basketball skills don't always translate into good character. Ty Cobb was one of the best baseball players of all time but was also a total dirtbag. I was reading an article on Bill Russell making up with the Red Sox. Within the story, there was an anecdote of how a woman approached him, in I think an airport, and asked him if he was a basketball player. Russ said no. Bill Russell said that basketball is what he does, but now who he is.

NickFaldo

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Oct 23, 2009 1:58 am

Mr Faldo

Check out The Given Day by dennis lehane. Some sweet boston history and double sweet baseball action. Historical novel.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticFan Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:36 am

No love lost between Larry & Isaiah! When Larry was brought in to the Pacer fold by Donnie Walsh, it wasn't long thereafter that Thomas departed. Magic was anything but gay, his sexploits would have rivaled Wilt. Magic just wasn't as careful as he should have been. I'm sure Cookie's got him on a short leash now and has had him there for a while. Magic's older & wiser also!-MD.

MDCelticFan

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:35 am

http://m.si.com/news/to/to/detail/1957747/full%3Bjsessionid=E07E25D1B1B8A9B0CE47F0AD12E8C810.cnnsilive9i

If you read the above article in Sports Illustrated, you might conclude that BOTH Magic and Isiah had there share of gossiping, spreading rumors and talking smack.

I am no fan of Isiah, but if it is true that his brother contracted HIV before Magic did, do you really think he would have been that insensitive to spread rumors about Magic being gay?

He talks about the 1992 All Star Game, and that most players did not want Magic to play – and Thomas says he is the one the helped turn the tide, speaking to the teams as President of the Players Association – he told them that Magic would play and that they would hug him and shake his hand. To me, that story sounds believable.

I don’t really know who to believe here – so I will not pass any judgment until more of the facts are in.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:06 pm

Do you remember when Michael Jordan beat the Pistons and Isiah? Instead of shaking hands with Michael, he walked off the court in a different direction and never said a word to him. He had his team follow him. I am sorry, no matter how good a basketball player he was, Isiah Thomas never showed any class. That is the exact statement that he made about Bird, amongst other things. I will tell you that I do believe there is a story here that is finally going to be told. Jackie MacMullen is not one to just go off on players, her book should prove to be quite interesting.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:30 pm

Rosalie

I cede the floor to your wisdom in this matter.

Jeb
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by DJ Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:49 pm

Never been a big Isaih fan,but never can come to grips with the"book thing".Be a man,deal with it one on one, and move on-----what's the point?

DJ

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:31 pm

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum