Utah Summer League Game 2 Boston vs San Antonio

3 posters

Go down

Utah Summer League Game 2 Boston vs San Antonio Empty Utah Summer League Game 2 Boston vs San Antonio

Post by dboss Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:56 pm

With all the hand wringing over Hayward we did not have a chance to talk about the game last night

Here is the box score http://www.espn.com/nba-summer-league/boxscore?gameId=400959064&league=nba-summer-utah

As you probably know the Celtics lost 81-70.

Once again our rookie Tatum played very well notching a double double with 23 points and 10 rebounds to go along with 2 assists and a steal. he shot 10-18 from the field. Brown was under aggressive for most of the game with only 6 shot attempts. He was strong on the glass again with 8 boards.

This is the 2nd time seeing Zizic. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but in all honesty Zeller is better than him. The hopes of him being that young 7 footer that could be a starter or reliable backup has disappeared. Maybe when the game slows down for him and he is able to do more things we can do a 2nd look see. In 23 minutes he had 6 points and 6 boards but also 5 turnovers. On defense his secondary reaction time is slow.

It is just summer league but Tatum looks like a rotation player already. He has a full arsenal of offensive moves.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Utah Summer League Game 2 Boston vs San Antonio Empty Re: Utah Summer League Game 2 Boston vs San Antonio

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:23 pm

it is rewarding (so far) to see that Danny's instincts may have been spot on on Tatum. He got over the first game jitters and since, has moved forward well. I am excited to have two such players on the team. Brown may have been a little off last night (he will not play tonight) but some feel he should not even be there. But, I do. He missed alot of his summer league games last year so why not put him in there and continue working hard. He is an exciting young player and I love watching him develop.

It is too bad that Danny is going to have to clean house so much, will any be stashed in Maine???

Rosalie
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Utah Summer League Game 2 Boston vs San Antonio Empty Re: Utah Summer League Game 2 Boston vs San Antonio

Post by dboss Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:41 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:it is rewarding (so far) to see that Danny's instincts may have been spot on on Tatum. He got over the first game jitters and since, has moved forward well. I am excited to have two such players on the team. Brown may have been a little off last night (he will not play tonight) but some feel he should not even be there. But, I do.  He missed alot of his summer league games last year so why not put him in there and continue working hard. He is an exciting young player and I love watching him develop.

It is too bad that Danny is going to have to clean house so much, will any be stashed in Maine???

Rosalie

Rosalie

I agree. They are two outstanding young players and they represent a long term future for Boston. So far we have use 2 of the Nets pick and the next one could also be a home run. When you draft consecutive top end lottery picks 3 years in a row you could build an entire team around that. Lucky for the Celtics that they jin a team that is already in the mix.

I expect several on the summer roster to make their way up to Maine for further development.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Thu Jul 06, 2017 4:44 pm

All you need to know about the "DRAFT" is obvious in the summer leagues - mostly 19 and 20 year old kids about, in 4 months or so, to go against the veteran best of the nba - for perhaps a few there is future promise of stardom - but even for them its a tough road ahead to be able to compete with the best. For most it doesn't happen over night.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Jul 06, 2017 6:17 pm

no, you are right. but, in your lifetime and mine, nothing was handed to us without hard work. That will not hurt any of these young players. This may be a "game" to us but it is a job to them. So..they will have to work hard to succeed. So far, it looks to me like Jaylen Brown and Jason Tatum realize this and seem to be headed in the right direction. For the rest, sometimes after the hard work it is just the luck of the draw to see who will see something in them and make them an offer they can't refuse.

Oh. to be young again!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down