Welcome to the NBA Rookie hosted by Jaylen Brown

5 posters

Go down

Welcome to the NBA Rookie hosted by Jaylen Brown Empty Welcome to the NBA Rookie hosted by Jaylen Brown

Post by mulcogiseng Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:23 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2720780-lonzo-ball-markelle-fultz-to-attend-jaylen-browns-welcome-to-the-nba-night?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

Boston Celtics forward Jaylen Brown will host a "Welcome to the NBA Night" event for rookies and young players at the 2017 NBA Summer League in Las Vegas, aimed at encouraging bonding opportunities and mentorship.

"There are a lot of young guys here, and there is nothing to do in Vegas if you're under 21," Brown told Marc J. Spears of The Undefeated. "I just want to do something. Hang out, talk to them. Build relationships. I'm not 21. [Celtics teammate] Jayson [Tatum] is not 20. A lot of the draft picks are young. I'm going to let them bring whoever they want. Food is on me. Everything."

Every top-five pick from June's draft, including Markelle Fultz and Lonzo Ball, has committed to attending the event. Jonathan Isaac, Harry Giles, Justin Jackson and Malik Monk also confirmed they would be attending. Brown's event will be held at an undisclosed location at an unknown date.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the NBA Rookie hosted by Jaylen Brown Empty Re: Welcome to the NBA Rookie hosted by Jaylen Brown

Post by bobc33 Tue Jul 11, 2017 2:54 pm

Sounds like quite a mature kid. Well done JB.

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the NBA Rookie hosted by Jaylen Brown Empty Re: Welcome to the NBA Rookie hosted by Jaylen Brown

Post by dboss Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:20 pm

He is really establishing himself. Down the road a bit he will be able to pick up the phone and recruit guys to come to Boston.

I think it is great idea what he is doing.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:00 pm

I see this as a wonderful effort on Jaylen Brown's part.

Wonder why no one else (maybe even the NBA) had never done it before?

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:35 pm

This kid is something else, huh??? From the first interview I watched with him last year, you could see his intelligence come right out. I read where he was a freshman and was taking master's degree programs along with his regular classes. We will read some day that he finished his degree classes and would be graduating. Maybe this is one of the reasons he gets along with his coach, two very smart guys.

I think it is just great what he is doing. Not many young guys would put their foot forward and do this.

It is more than just basketball here.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down