Strength coach Bryan Doo announces departure from Boston Celtics

3 posters

Go down

Strength coach Bryan Doo announces departure from Boston Celtics Empty Strength coach Bryan Doo announces departure from Boston Celtics

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:30 pm

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/07/strength_coach_bryan_doo_annou.html

Strength coach Bryan Doo announces departure from Boston Celtics

Updated on July 14, 2017 at 4:50 PMPosted on July 14, 2017 at 5:00 PM

Strength coach Bryan Doo announces departure from Boston Celtics Rajon-rondo-bryan-doo-eca736c16a749729
FILE - Strength coach Bryan Doo working with guard Rajon Rondo in 2014. ( AP Photo/Jessica Hill, File)

By Jay King

WALTHAM -- Boston Celtics strength and conditioning coach Bryan Doo announced his departure from the team Friday afternoon after 14 seasons.  

In an Instagram post, Doo called himself "excited to move on to my various 'gigs' around Boston and be around to watch my (five) children grow."

ADVERTISING

"Just wanted to thank (the Celtics) for 15 amazing years (14 seasons)!!!" he wrote. "I know ... I poured my heart and soul into every player that walked through the door to try (to) make them the best they could be. What an amazing organization and (I) am so proud to have worked for them! ... Bitter sweet leaving, as I can't wait to see how good these young players (so professional and hungry) become and how successful the organization is going to continue to be. Like the quote I put on the wall behind me. 'What hurts more the pain of hard work or the pain of regret?' I endured the hard work and have no pain because I have no regret!"

Fans might know Doo as a key piece of Boston's pregame handshake ritual over the last several years. His energy, enough for a dozen people, spilled over to the players who worked with him.

Celtics wing Jae Crowder appeared surprised by the news, writing, "HUH??" in the Instagram comment section. Radio announcer Sean Grande added this on Twitter:

Follow
Sean Grande ✔ @SeanGrandePBP
A day for fans to celebrate the arrival of a star player.

But this is a core-shaking loss to the Celtics. Very proud to call BDoo a friend. https://twitter.com/ByJayKing/status/885954913527898112 …
4:29 PM - 14 Jul 2017
 16 16 Retweets   97 97 likes

Doo's Instagram announcement follows below:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWicu1kFugx/

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Strength coach Bryan Doo announces departure from Boston Celtics Empty Re: Strength coach Bryan Doo announces departure from Boston Celtics

Post by dboss Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:34 pm

Celtics will have to get someone to replace him PDQ but very important that they get an excellent replacement
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Strength coach Bryan Doo announces departure from Boston Celtics Empty Re: Strength coach Bryan Doo announces departure from Boston Celtics

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:31 pm

They will miss him, no doubt. There is a certain amount of trust that builds allowing someone to work you hard every day. Hopefully, there is someone out there to take his place soon. These young guys need someone to help direct their development.

I wonder if they knew and have been waiting to announce this
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down