How Will C's Attempt To Guard The King!

+3
sinus007
beat
MDCelticsFan
7 posters

Go down

How Will C's Attempt To Guard The King! Empty How Will C's Attempt To Guard The King!

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:27 am

Not only who, but what are the refs going to allow him (James) to do. Remember folks, no Posey this time around and if, as in the Globe, it is suggested than James will have to deal with Tony Allen, I don't think Lebron is losing too much sleep over that prospect. Pierce, if asked to guard Lebron, will expend energy he needs to conserve for point scoring. Tony Allen's not strong enough, and while "Quis has the length and quickness, he also lacks physical strength. We already know the zebras will allow THE King to travel with or without his Samsonite. If he's permitted, as in the last regular season game with the Celts, to play 45 min. without a foul as physical as Lebron's game is, this makes the Celtic's task all the more daunting. KG also is not the KG of 2 Springs past. The Celts must take one of the first two and preferably the first game. Otherwise in home court defense, the C's would need to beat the CAVS 3 straight before game five. Those are long odds at best. The C's have got little clutch production from 'Sheed thus far, and that would need to change, if the C's are to seriously challenge the CAVS in the conference semi finals!

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

How Will C's Attempt To Guard The King! Empty Re: How Will C's Attempt To Guard The King!

Post by beat Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:14 am

MD

The refs certainly will have a big bearing.

I do hope when James goes to the hoop that...............

A) If there is a foul we DO knock him on his ars......no silly touch fouls.
B) Have KG talk to him all night long.

Really though the C's arn't alone with this delema. Nobody has a player capable of guarding him one on one. I think putting fresh people on him every couple minutes is important. PP, TA, Quis, even KG for short periods and double whenever possible. Make the other guys play hero ball.

And I hope BB and KG bring a pair of scissors for Sideshow Bob.

How Will C's Attempt To Guard The King! Sidesh10

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

How Will C's Attempt To Guard The King! Empty Re: How Will C's Attempt To Guard The King!

Post by MDCelticsFan Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:19 am

Beat: Too bad you can't email that picture to AV! That's too funny!-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:15 am

MD,

In the 76 games that LeBron played this year, 13 games he had 0 fouls and 24 games he had 1 foul. He almost never gets into foul trouble.
Boston does not have any player that have a SF/PF that has the size, strength or speed to match up with LeBron.
Boston will definitely be able to score against Cleveland.
I think Ray Allen is the key to this series. Cleveland will have their hands full with Rondo. Ray should get plenty of open looks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:17 am

beat,

I agree with you. Having 4-5 different people guarding LeBron during a game is extremely important.

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:29 am

Hi,
I agree with Beat. Just a few additions.
Isolate Lebron from the rest of his team. let him be a hero that scores 30-40 points. The rest of his team will score the same. I'm pretty sure Celtics will be able to score more than 80.
Find another player a la KG who can get under your skin and let them spew poison on Lebron in shifts. After all, games at this level are more mental than physical.
Also, I believe that in terms of coaching Celtics have advantage. And they'll use it.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:32 am

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
Isolate Lebron from the rest of his team. let him be a hero that scores 30-40 points. The rest of his team will score the same. I'm pretty sure Celtics will be able to score more than 80.
Find another player a la KG who can get under your skin and let them spew poison on Lebron in shifts. After all, games at this level are more mental than physical.
Also, I believe that in terms of coaching Celtics have advantage. And they'll use it.

AK

AK,

I would go with your approach, but I would also give Tony Allen a shot at James to see what happens. Tony might be the Celtic most up to the challenge physically.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:47 am

NYCelt wrote:
sinus007 wrote:Hi,

AK

AK,

I would go with your approach, but I would also give Tony Allen a shot at James to see what happens. Tony might be the Celtic most up to the challenge physically.

Regards

The scary thing is TA might be our best option on Lebron and he'll be giving up 4 inches and 50 pounds.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:06 am

pierce, paul is far and away the best option.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:13 am

Tony's going to be a big deal here. He's like Rudy..."You ready, Champ?" "I've been ready for this my whole life." Tony, along with short microburst stints from supporting cast members will make life difficult for LeBron. LeBron does need to be greeted with a carefully prepared hard foul the first time or two he goes down the lane. Preferably toward the right side.

Something lopsided will happen again against us, with one of our guys being ejected and suspended while CLE gets a token fine. Any takers? I hope we can avoid it but I don't see it happening any other way.

Celtics clearly have an advantage on the coaching front. No contest. Mike Brown was exposed for the complete dolt as a coach his is earlier in Boston. This round will result in Mike's eventualy firing. He almost got fired last round running out of timeouts. Once again, this will be the series where CLE unravels right before your eyes. Celtics will use trash talking, hard defense, winning on the road, triple doubles from Rondo and of course Ray and PP just being themselves. Throw in KG for the glue and its on to the next round. Not worried.

CLE is going to "feel a slight sting. That's pride &^&#$%^#ing wit ya." In the fifth, CLE goes down. Say it!! In the fifth, CLE goes down!"
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:22 am

Actually I think Cleveland is the one who will lose it's cool first. With KG yapping away he'll most assuridly get into the Queens head. (I really don't think there is a whole lot of stuff there to get in the way)

And maybe Brons mom will run on the court to protect her $$$$$baby$$$$

How Will C's Attempt To Guard The King! 08051310

Brons supporting cast shall stand back and watch him preform and therein lies the problem, can Bron get his mates involved?

we shall see.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:06 am

Is that really his mother in that picture. What is LBJall po'ed about? I've forgotten all this. Please refresh my memory.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:07 am

dbrown and beat,

OK guys, I'm holding you to your calls on this one!

beat, great photo reminder; who can ever forget LeBron yelling - "Mama, sit your ass down"?

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:16 am

dbrown

Last year at Cleveland there was contact on a Bron or Pierce drive to the hoop........I don't even recall which one or even if a foul was called but it went beyond the court into the crowd a little where both players sort of lost there balance and PP shoved Bron a little and they both fell. Bron's mommy was right there and started going after PP but Bron stepped in as there really was nothing to the play and as NYCelt said Bron yelled at his mother a little.

Again others might recall it a little better but thats the best I can recall.

beat

OK here is the right story with the clip!!!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/LeBron-James-scolds-mom-during-Cavs-Celtics-game?urn=nba,82089

CLIP IS HERE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxPAKipFHx4
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:34 am

some info on Bron and his mom I was unaware of....

Gloria James makes the news again, this time coming to her son LeBron’s defense in the 2nd quarter of the Cavs/Celtics Game 4 playoff game. Towards the end of the second quarter, LeBron and Paul Pierce were tangled up as Pierce fouled him hard with a bear hug to prevent an easy basket and they both spilled over into the the first few row of fans. Well, Momma was in the house and she wasn’t going to let Paul Pierce off too easily. As Gloria was trying to get into Pierce’s face and practically elbowing Kevin Garnett at the same time, LeBron told his Mom to “sit your a$$ down”. He later said of the incident:

“I told her to sit down, in some language I shouldn’t have used,” James said. “Thank God today wasn’t Mother’s Day. All I could think about is her. … I know my mother. It’s fine, we’re good.”

Gloria James Biography
As a biography, Gloria James is 39 years old. She had LeBron when she was only 16 years old. Gloria has had her fair share of problems while LeBron was growing up. The biological father of LeBron is an ex-con and did not want to have anything to do with LeBron.

Gloria worked jobs ranging from retail to accounting, but unfortunately did not have any kind of steady work and moved frequently with LeBron from apartment to apartment in the seedier part of Akron, Ohio.

To keep his mind off the struggles he and his mother faced, LeBron got involved with sports, playing football and basketball. His coach for Pee Wee football was Frankie Walker. Walker later found out that LeBron was missing quite a bit of school, and after talking to Gloria about this situation, Gloria decided to let LeBron move in with Walker and his family. Gloria would not stay separated from LeBron for long, as just 18 months later he moved back in with her. Later on, Gloria financially could not take care of him and eventually LeBron moved back with the Walker family. LeBron and his mother Gloria still, to this day, spend Thanksgiving with the Walkers.

In recent years, Gloria was in trouble with the law – having been arrested back in 2006 for DUI and disorderly conduct.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by MDCelticsFan Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:48 am

I think despite what we may think of Lebron's periodic histrionics on the court, he's turned out more than reasonably well under those circumstances. He continues to care for his Mother in an effort to keep her on the straight & narrow as much as he can. Kobe came from much better circumstances and turned out worse than Lebron. I hope the C's triumph in the series with Cleveland. If the CAVS win their victory would be largely due to the talent and strength of Lebron. WE (Celts) will need all the guile, hustle and determination earthly, and some heavenly possible to overcome Lebron.-MD.

MDCelticsFan

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:54 am

Md,

Good points.

I think LeBron undeservedly takes abuse from some fans and even certain media on occasion.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down