The Celtics depth chart is a Venn diagram

+2
worcester
bobheckler
6 posters

Go down

The Celtics depth chart is a Venn diagram Empty The Celtics depth chart is a Venn diagram

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:31 am

https://www.celticsblog.com/2017/7/20/16007212/the-boston-celtics-depth-chart-is-a-venn-diagram

The Celtics depth chart is a Venn diagram

Feel free to tell me what I got wrong

by Jeff Clark@celticsblog  

Jul 20, 2017, 10:03pm EDT

Brad Stevens doesn’t like the traditional position labels of point guard, shooting guard, etc. He prefers to lump players into Ball Handlers, Wings, and Bigs. However, I was thinking that our team is so positionally flexible, that you could turn the depth chart into a Venn diagram. Forgive my poor handwriting.

The Celtics depth chart is a Venn diagram DFONZfCXgAA5pRL
Follow
CelticsBlog ✔ @celticsblog
Our depth chart is a Venn diagram
9:28 PM - 20 Jul 2017
 163 163 Retweets   518 518 likes
Twitter Ads info and privacy
I thought I’d explain it a little more on Facebook Live, as you can see embedded here.

Note: This video got cut off at the end. Obviously my phone has a self destruct button for anytime I say something nice about a Laker.

https://www.facebook.com/celticsblog/videos/10154578406056898/

Feel free to tell me what I got right or wrong on this diagram. And if anyone wants to make a better graphic, feel free to share that with us. Thanks!

bob
MY NOTE:  Not a bad way of putting our roster and Brad's philosophy into pictures.  The names being cut off on the right side of the "Bigs" circle are Aron Baynes and Ante Zizic of course. Do they even teach Venn Diagrams in school anymore?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

The Celtics depth chart is a Venn diagram Empty Re: The Celtics depth chart is a Venn diagram

Post by worcester Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:13 am

Whereas Phil Jackson's triangle offense is a Zen diagram...
worcester
worcester

https://www.hkacup.com

Back to top Go down

The Celtics depth chart is a Venn diagram Empty Re: The Celtics depth chart is a Venn diagram

Post by NYCelt Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:14 am

Clever! And it looks like an accurate way to label the lineup.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:16 am

worcester wrote:Whereas Phil Jackson's triangle offense is a Zen diagram...

NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by atcross Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:30 am

I believe Venn diagrams are still quite popular.

I haven't watched him play much, but I thought Hayward was supposed to have good ball handling skills. And what exactly are the differences between ball handlers, point (whatever), playmakers, and floor generals? Each term seems to imply an overlapping but slightly different skillset. Why do we need one set and not the others?

atcross

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:14 am

Mark Deeks‏Verified account
@MarkDeeksNBA
Follow
More
RealGM thinks there are some holes in Boston's offseason

The Celtics depth chart is a Venn diagram DFRG1JVXoAcVK86

bob
MY NOTE:  Which diagram do YOU think better represents this team's current roster, the Venn diagram or this traditional one, and which do you expect to prove to be more proven by the end of the season?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Jul 21, 2017 11:54 am

bobheckler wrote:Mark Deeks‏Verified account
@MarkDeeksNBA
Follow
More
RealGM thinks there are some holes in Boston's offseason

The Celtics depth chart is a Venn diagram DFRG1JVXoAcVK86

bob
MY NOTE:  Which diagram do YOU think better represents this team's current roster, the Venn diagram or this traditional one, and which do you expect to prove to be more proven by the end of the season?

Bob,

I'll go with the Venn Diagram (my son confirms they're still using them).  It's a much more accurate representation than this chart, which I think was the point with the comment about the holes.

For starters, on the chart, Morris should be labeled as a big. He's not a SF.  Rozier is a 1/2, and they have him only as a 2.  We still don't fully know who's in the rotation, and I would venture a fair guess Tatum will be, etc.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:14 pm

Bob,

Since I hated Venn diagrams and everything else that was math back in my high school days i generally prefer the "other" diagram just by principle.

But, with using either diagram, it is going to be quite interesting to see how Stevens uses his players this season.

Can't wait for them to get started!

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:16 pm

Not sure I need a Venn diagram to understand which players have role versatility. I don't see any new insight from this presentation.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down