Only One Question I Have!

+5
bobheckler
mrkleen09
dboss
jeb
9 posters

Go down

Only One Question I Have! Empty Only One Question I Have!

Post by 112288 Sun May 02, 2010 12:43 am

When is someone going to step up from the Celtics and send King Jerk into the 4th row of court side seating? Rondo was thrown around like a ping pong ball all night and no one stepped up for pay back! This would not have been the case in old time Celtic basketball. Every time King Jerk went to the hoop tonight we should have been banging his right elbow into submission.

Now some may argue that we want to beat Leaveland with King Jerk at his best. I'll reply to that with another question. How many people outside of Celtic Nation last year wanted "The Big Ticket" back so they could beat us with a healthy Garnett? ............No One!

As for the announces of the game. I think Marv Albert maybe dating King Jerk. Wait, I'll have to check the King's back for bite marks. The last time Marv was in that situation, he left bite marks on a prostitute! Cannot believe how guys like that get rehired. it's a joke

Still think we can win, Go Celtics!

Back to top Go down

Only One Question I Have! Empty Re: Only One Question I Have!

Post by jeb Sun May 02, 2010 12:45 am

I concur. He is fair game and I would put him down hard. Rondo got hammered. Time for some payback.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun May 02, 2010 12:49 am

Right on Jeb. It was a joke. The kid played gutzy basketball all night and no one handed these guys a hard foul! wake up C's!

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun May 02, 2010 12:58 am

They played pretty well ecept for the last 5 minutes but that aint going to cut it agin a very good cleve team. A series dont start til someone loses at home. PP and Ray need to score more and we will beat these guys. I think doc should throw 18 hard fouls at king dork and just run fresh bodies at him.

Sideshow and Shaq really nailed Rondo. Time to run up a black flag and hold our dirt.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Sun May 02, 2010 1:03 am

I say its time for Hard Hat Basketball!

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun May 02, 2010 9:36 am

I agree 112288

The Celtics need to pound on Lebron just like he is pounding on them. PP ended up with only 3 fouls and ray only had 1. Perk and KG only had 3.

I would say that there were more fouls to give against the cavs in general and since they are not a good free throw shooting team, Boston needs to exploit this advantage and also just enjoy the opportunity to beat up on them to the point where they expect to get hit and that will take them out of their game.

Rondo was pounded all night long but it is not like he is being physical with them. He is not making physical fouls on them. He is just using his lightning quickness to get to the hole and they have decided to foul him hard so that he will stop coming through the middle. They cannot stop him. This kid is really something special. Pound for pound he is the best pg in the NBA.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun May 02, 2010 12:06 pm

I am absolutely disgusted with Kendrick Perkins. He was one of my favorite Celtics for years, but the last 4 months he has turned into an terrible, terrible basketball player.

He still makes a play here and there on defense, but his presence on the court is of a guy hanging his head and crying for his entire time out there.

Perk is the guy that should be enforcing things for the Celtics. He should be cracking Lebron HARD on his drives. He should be showing his elbows and moving people around in the paint. Instead he has stone hands and then hangs his head for 3 possessions.

He has regressed so much this season it is just disgraceful.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Sun May 02, 2010 1:59 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:I am absolutely disgusted with Kendrick Perkins. He was one of my favorite Celtics for years, but the last 4 months he has turned into an terrible, terrible basketball player.

He still makes a play here and there on defense, but his presence on the court is of a guy hanging his head and crying for his entire time out there.

Perk is the guy that should be enforcing things for the Celtics. He should be cracking Lebron HARD on his drives. He should be showing his elbows and moving people around in the paint. Instead he has stone hands and then hangs his head for 3 possessions.

MrKleen,

I would submit to you that Perk outplayed 6x all-star Jermaine O'Neal the entire previous series and outplayed Shaq AND Z combined yesterday.

Is he knocking LBJ on his ass? No. Should he? No. Why not? Because if Perk is out with foul trouble because he's "trying to send a message", then we have Sheed defending against Shaq and Z and he's just not built for it nor, I'm afraid, up to it. If someone should be knocking LBJ on his ass, it should be Quis or Tony Allen. Of course, to do that, Doc needs to give them more PT. Another thought is that the men guarding LBJ, Pierce/TA/Quis, should play defense better and force him to take ONLY outside shots. Easier said than done, but that's the way to slow him down. If the refs think you are intentionally trying to hurt a player by knocking him down when he's in the air, ESPECIALLY someone like LBJ or Kobe, they will start whistling you for just looking hard at him and then where would we be? Outta players, that's where.

Perk's doing his job. He's holding his own at the center position against players that are bigger than him. He had almost as many points as Shaq and Z combined. He had 3x as many rebounds as Shaq and Z combined. He had 2 blocks and Shaq/Z had 0 (how about some credit for that defense?). He had fewer personal fouls even though he played more minutes than both of them combined. It's not his fault that we fell down on perimeter defense in the second half and let LBJ penetrate more. It's not his faul that Mo Williams heated up in the 3rd. I saw one play where LBJ turned the corner ON PIERCE and KG sorta waved at him as he ran past him in the paint but didn't try to cut him off or even contest the shot. Two defenders, neither one effective, neither one Perk.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun May 02, 2010 2:52 pm

Bob

I said on another thread that when Shaq (whom perk totally outplayed) was forced to the bench, that was a PLUS for the cavs and a minus for the C's.

Perk did fine yesterday BUT my biggest beef with him is making a little more decisive and quicker move....or kick it back out.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by jeb Sun May 02, 2010 2:55 pm

Bobheck

They knocked the living shit out of Rondo and as a result his penetration...the same penetration that was KILLING the cavs stopped. They sent a message and it needs to be answered in kind. I dont give a damn who does it either. It's worth the foul trouble to set the tone that we wont be pushed around and we are AWARE of their hard hits on Rondo. It's time to hoist the black flag. Not to hurt him but to rattle his bones with HARD playoff fouls.
jeb
jeb

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Sun May 02, 2010 8:41 pm

bobheckler wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:I am absolutely disgusted with Kendrick Perkins. He was one of my favorite Celtics for years, but the last 4 months he has turned into an terrible, terrible basketball player.

MrKleen,

I would submit to you that Perk outplayed 6x all-star Jermaine O'Neal the entire previous series and outplayed Shaq AND Z combined yesterday.

Is he knocking LBJ on his ass? No. Should he? No. Why not? Because if Perk is out with foul trouble because he's "trying to send a message", then we have Sheed defending against Shaq and Z and he's just not built for it nor, I'm afraid, up to it. If someone should be knocking LBJ on his ass, it should be Quis or Tony Allen. Of course, to do that, Doc needs to give them more PT. Another thought is that the men guarding LBJ, Pierce/TA/Quis, should play defense better and force him to take ONLY outside shots. Easier said than done, but that's the way to slow him down. If the refs think you are intentionally trying to hurt a player by knocking him down when he's in the air, ESPECIALLY someone like LBJ or Kobe, they will start whistling you for just looking hard at him and then where would we be? Outta players, that's where.

Perk's doing his job. He's holding his own at the center position against players that are bigger than him. He had almost as many points as Shaq and Z combined. He had 3x as many rebounds as Shaq and Z combined. He had 2 blocks and Shaq/Z had 0 (how about some credit for that defense?). He had fewer personal fouls even though he played more minutes than both of them combined. It's not his fault that we fell down on perimeter defense in the second half and let LBJ penetrate more. It's not his faul that Mo Williams heated up in the 3rd. I saw one play where LBJ turned the corner ON PIERCE and KG sorta waved at him as he ran past him in the paint but didn't try to cut him off or even contest the shot. Two defenders, neither one effective, neither one Perk.

bob

I hope Perk played better than O'Neil. Jermaine O'Neil has the LOWEST SHOOTING % in the HISTORY OF THE NBA PLAYOFFS in that first round series. If outplaying one of the worst big men in the NBA is your measure of playing well - I guess you are not setting the bar very high.

Perk allowed his teammates to get bounced around - and in the clutch came up with stone hands and dropped a pass that was right in his hands for an easy bunny. He is not the reason they lost, but he is doing very little to help them win these days. Sorry, anyone that can see his play the last 4 months and not see a major REGRESSION is not being fair. Perk started the season strong and has gone down every month.

I am very disappointed in his play lately...and I am not the only one...hence why he is often not in the game at crunch time.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun May 02, 2010 9:03 pm

Perk played great D againsit Miami and Cleveland, but his offense against the Cavs was subpar, and his hands are pretty much petrified when it comes to receiving passes from Rondo. He should play with his hands up, but he doesn't. He should anticipate passes from Rondo, but he doesn't. Otherwise he's doing a good job.

As for payback, Perk's too valauble to have him thowing hard fouls on LeBron. But Shelden Williams isn't. Red would send Jungle Jim Lustocoff into games like this to send a message, i.e. don't mess with our point guard, or else. I would like to see Shelden in the game for 2-3 minutes to do the same.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon May 03, 2010 11:24 am

mrkleen09 wrote:
bobheckler wrote:

MrKleen,

bob

I hope Perk played better than O'Neil. Jermaine O'Neil has the LOWEST SHOOTING % in the HISTORY OF THE NBA PLAYOFFS in that first round series. If outplaying one of the worst big men in the NBA is your measure of playing well - I guess you are not setting the bar very high.

Perk allowed his teammates to get bounced around - and in the clutch came up with stone hands and dropped a pass that was right in his hands for an easy bunny. He is not the reason they lost, but he is doing very little to help them win these days. Sorry, anyone that can see his play the last 4 months and not see a major REGRESSION is not being fair. Perk started the season strong and has gone down every month.

I am very disappointed in his play lately...and I am not the only one...hence why he is often not in the game at crunch time.

mrkleen,

I guess the difference between you and me on this subject is that you're not giving Perk credit for O'Neal's performance. As I read your post, it looks like you're saying "O'Neal sucked because O'Neal sucked and therefore beating him is no biggie". My thoughts, and I believe the writers of the Miami Herald agreed wtih me, is that Perk was sabotaging O'Neal's game by not letting him do the things he normally would do and forcing him to take shots that are not his game. That's called defense and Perk deserves credit for that.

As far as Perk's offense goes, since when did we EVER look to him for scoring? Since when has offense EVER been part of his game that we relied upon?

So, from my perspective, it's not a case of me lowering my standards to let Perk sound good by beating an ineffective O'Neal, it a case of attributing O'Neal's ineffectiveness to Perk doing what Perk does well, and that's defense.

He also played well against Shaq in game 1. Shaq had only one dunk, I believe, and his other shots were from further out than he liked or trying to sweep past Perk in the lane for a hook shot and not just doing what he has been doing this year (and for his entire career), which is just using his bulk to back his man down until he can do a layup.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon May 03, 2010 11:54 am

Bob

I see no progression from Perk at this point. Yes he is a big body. Yes he is a decent rebounder. Yes he bangs with the big boys all night long. But he has regressed as the season has gone along.

There was a point in November or December that Perk was scoring 10 to 15 points a night - and looked like a viable offensive option. All of that is gone now, and he looks like he is afraid of the ball at times.

He continues to bring it down and wind up every time he goes for a put back (instead of holding it over his head and going up quick), he continues to travel (at least a couple of times a game), he continues to bitch to the refs all night long (even on legit hacks) - I just feel he has taken a major step back in the last 4 months.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon May 03, 2010 1:23 pm

Well hes still the second best defensive center in the league and hes a big part of our identity,hes never going to be a great scorer,love what he brings,take him over Raef and Blount anyday.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon May 03, 2010 2:06 pm

No one has mentioned that he comes cheap!

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon May 03, 2010 2:19 pm

112288 wrote:No one has mentioned that he comes cheap!

Good point.

bob
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by dbrown4 Mon May 03, 2010 3:07 pm

Paybacks are not going to work for us and will only result in a suspension of on of our top players and fines for CLE. That's just the way it is. Hard fouls to LeBron's right elbow should do the trick.

Kenny Smith made a good point about Shaq scoring layup near the end. Wrap that dude up and make him brick it at the free throw line. Guy still only makes 1 of 2.

Media can breathe easy now. Cavs are 1,000-0 in series where they win the first game. Celtics were 29-0 last season in Game 7's after being ahead 3-2. Celtics have 100% success rate of moving on to the next round after winning 4 games of a 7 game series. Suck on that, media idiots and your grasping for straws! You're riding the wrong horse. But the media wins whether CLE wins or loses. But it's much better, more profitable and way more entertaining to watch them grill LeBron after another blown trip to the playoffs. We didn't help ourselves by losing Game 1. We wasted one road game, where we did well all season. That's all. We're going to have to win one or two of the remaining three on the road to move on. Play to our advantages. Much different game we will see tonight. We're fine.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down