dboss
k_j_88
11 posters

Go down

LeBron on Kyrie Trade Empty LeBron on Kyrie Trade

Post by k_j_88 Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:55 pm

A few things stuck out to me here...

1) "I was ready to hand the keys over."

Yeah, real soon, too. At least Kyrie asked for a trade where the Cavs could get something back for him. I don't think LeBron would do the same for them.

2) "The Kid."

Maybe this is one reason? I get that LeBron is one of the greats, but a lot of the Cavs success can also be attributed to Kyrie. But I keep hearing "Kid" from LeBron, whereas Kyrie speaks more of "evolving as a man." LeBron is a big enough figure to cast his shadow over an entire franchise (and really the whole league). So it's understandable that Kyrie would would to carve out his own path. I can respect this approach.

I'm really excited for opening night. What are the odds we steal one in Cleveland?

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

LeBron on Kyrie Trade Empty Re: LeBron on Kyrie Trade

Post by dboss Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:05 pm

Maybe Kyrie is tired of being one of LeBron's kids.

I saw the entire interview and other than the weird Kyrie comments I thought he was spot on a number of topics especially regarding the recent protests.

The Cavs has added a lot of veteran talent so a win down there would be fantastic.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:25 pm

I agree that he made good points on the more political issues.

KJ

k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:37 pm

So much of the Celtic immediate future success hinge on projected performance by a core of soon to be rookies or under 23 year old relatively youthful vets. Not a scenario that I would bet the farm on. I'll sit back - enjoy the season and hope that the Celtics continual to take a big step upward. Any thing better will be pure gravy for me.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:59 pm

I think it was pretty basic despite all the talk since.

Kyrie's inference that he wanted to be The Man was his genuine wish and motivation.  Nothing more and nothing less.

That wasn't going to happen in Cleveland; James' recent comments notwithstanding.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:54 pm

James puts on a good show, I will say that. Right....he was ready to hand over the keys??????? Come on LeBron, no way,, you will always be in charge.

I am wondering how Melo is going to like being third in line to get the ball from Westbrook? Paul second. This s a mismatch if I ever saw one. Maybe I will be wrong but it doesn't feel right.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:01 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:James puts on a good show, I will say that.  Right....he was ready to hand over the keys??????? Come on LeBron, no way,, you will always be in charge.

I am wondering how Melo is going to like being third in line to get the ball from Westbrook? Paul second. This s a mismatch if I ever saw one. Maybe I will be wrong but it doesn't feel right.

Good question.

I also wonder how he's going to like possibly coming off the bench behind Paul George?
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:23 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:James puts on a good show, I will say that.  Right....he was ready to hand over the keys??????? Come on LeBron, no way,, you will always be in charge.

His ego is far too large to ever take a backseat, even to another star.

Perhaps OKC will also adopt positionless basketball and play them all together. They look like a mismatched crew, though.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:30 pm

And will Irving's desire to be THE MAN turn him into another James or Anthony ?.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:17 pm

swish wrote:And will Irving's desire to be THE MAN turn him into another James or Anthony ?.

swish

Time will tell. But in the early going, and Irving himself expressing the desire to become a true point guard, I don't think it'll be an issue.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:26 pm

k_j_88 wrote:
swish wrote:And will Irving's desire to be THE MAN turn him into another James or Anthony ?.

swish

Time will tell. But in the early going, and Irving himself expressing the desire to become a true point guard, I don't think it'll be an issue.

KJ

I have nothing against a player that is able to handle the pressure of wearing the crown - I just hope that Irving is up to the task should it fall on his shoulders.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by Matty Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:25 am

"The kid" reference  wouldn't be so bad if it had been once, mebbe  twice, but to use it so much in such a shot time, and if that reflecks onto how their relationship was as well certainly  could come off as very condescending. It was starting to just listening to the piece here.

Heck we have friends that are young enough to be our children and when I call them "the kids" my wife jumps my backside claiming I'm disrespecting them.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:36 am

NYCelt wrote:

Good question.

I also wonder how he's going to like possibly coming off the bench behind Paul George?

why do you think Melo will be on the bench?

you don't think in todays NBA George and Melo can both start?
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:53 am

kdp59 wrote:
NYCelt wrote:

Good question.

why do you think Melo will be on the bench?

you don't think in todays NBA George and Melo can both start?

No, I don't think it's likely.

Not with the system and schemes OKC uses.

You'll notice I also said 'possibly.'
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:56 am

Hi,
I stop listening after Lebron said that he was ready to give the keys to KI. Yeah, sure, Lebron gives up his crown. Ha-ha-ha...
Unless, of course, it was a Freudian slip - after he leaves Cle next year.

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:30 am

Kyrie took the blueprint to Boston? What blueprint is that?

Cleveland has had very mediocre coaching, very mediocre GMs and a terrible owner. The ONLY reason they have been good is the hit the lottery with Lebron.

The Celtics brainstrust has forgotten more about basketball than anyone involved with the Cavs ever knew. Blueprint....LOL.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:34 am

sinus007 wrote:Hi,
I stop listening after Lebron said that he was ready to give the keys to KI. Yeah, sure, Lebron gives up his crown. Ha-ha-ha...
Unless, of course, it was a Freudian slip - after he leaves Cle next year.

AK
At least you say you started listening.......I never started.

The noise he makes for me is like a tree that falls in an unpopulated forest.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:19 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:Kyrie took the blueprint to Boston?  What blueprint is that?

Cleveland has had very mediocre coaching, very mediocre GMs and a terrible owner.  The ONLY reason they have been good is the hit the lottery with Lebron.  

The Celtics brainstrust has forgotten more about basketball than anyone involved with the Cavs ever knew.  Blueprint....LOL.

My thoughts exactly.

LeBron also has had a lot to do with how their team has been built. Many of them have been hand-picked by him.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Ktronic1 Tue Sep 26, 2017 6:47 pm

k_j_88 wrote:

A few things stuck out to me here...

1) "I was ready to hand the keys over."

Yeah, real soon, too. At least Kyrie asked for a trade where the Cavs could get something back for him. I don't think LeBron would do the same for them.

2) "The Kid."

Maybe this is one reason? I get that LeBron is one of the greats, but a lot of the Cavs success can also be attributed to Kyrie. But I keep hearing "Kid" from LeBron, whereas Kyrie speaks more of "evolving as a man." LeBron is a big enough figure to cast his shadow over an entire franchise (and really the whole league). So it's understandable that Kyrie would would to carve out his own path. I can respect this approach.

I'm really excited for opening night. What are the odds we steal one in Cleveland?

KJ
He used "The Kid" five times and not by accident. Bron is the Prince of passive aggression.
Ktronic1
Ktronic1

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:33 pm

5 times..that is a lot.

condescending attitude.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down