Pre-Season Game #1 Tonight vs Hornets in Boston

4 posters

Go down

Pre-Season Game #1 Tonight vs Hornets in Boston Empty Pre-Season Game #1 Tonight vs Hornets in Boston

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:27 am

Join us live on the Game On! thread for the game.

Go to the Home page, click on 'Game On!  2017-2018' and then tonight's game thread.

Brian Robb @BrianTRobb
3 minutes ago
Celtics list following players as projected starters for the preseason opener vs. Hornets tonight: Irving, Smart, Hayward, Horford, TBA
reply retweet like
MY NOTE:  Smart, not Brown.  Interesting...

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2017/10/brad_stevens_thinks_boston_cel.html

Brad Stevens thinks Boston Celtics will get 'spun around in circles' during preseason opener

Posted on October 2, 2017 at 11:15 AM

By Jay King

BOSTON -- Brad Stevens believes everything will go perfectly for the Boston Celtics in their preseason opener Monday night. He thinks Kyrie Irving will break the 50-point barrier, Gordon Hayward will flex his maximum contract muscles, and all the rookies will look like veterans right away. Stevens doesn't expect any early struggles for a team that needs to replace four departed starters.

Just kidding.

"I think we are going to get spun around in circles," Stevens said Sunday night.

After a week of practicing in caves and dungeons (metaphorically speaking), the Celtics will be revealed to the public in a preseason bout with the Charlotte Hornets. Though the Hornets failed to reach the playoffs last season, Stevens considers them a valuable challenge for his Celtics.

"I'm looking forward to being able to see what goes well and I'm looking forward to teaching off of what doesn't," the coach said. "(Charlotte) is a great team to have to play against because they have most everyone back and added Dwight Howard. Everyone back has corporate knowledge of what they're trying to do. They are really well coached so they'll expose us on the things we need to work on to get better. We'll know what we have to move forward and learn from."

The Celtics have a lot to figure out before the regular season begins Oct. 17. At least, we think they do. We haven't seen this team yet. We haven't seen any evidence of how Irving will mesh with Hayward and Al Horford. We haven't viewed skinny Marcus Smart in action and we aren't quite sure how Jayson Tatum will look against legitimate NBA competition. There are questions about who will start at shooting guard and which players Stevens will trust off the end of the bench.

"Obviously, we are going to have to figure out our best rotations at the moment (during the preseason)," Stevens said. "Some of that stuff changes over the course of time, as you know. We'll see how it goes. I'm not putting a ton of stock into the next week of games and results, more in 'are we making the right progress?' We have done a lot of good things. I'm excited about where we all are, all things being considered. I'm also realistic enough to know we have a long way to go."

"I'm looking at (the Hornets game) as a practice day," Stevens added, "but our guys are going to play. It'll be really good to be out there together. Inevitably, in the first game, you get spun around a lot."

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Pre-Season Game #1 Tonight vs Hornets in Boston Empty Re: Pre-Season Game #1 Tonight vs Hornets in Boston

Post by kdp59 Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:32 pm

who is TBA

Did Danny sign him to that 15th spot or something?
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Pre-Season Game #1 Tonight vs Hornets in Boston Empty Re: Pre-Season Game #1 Tonight vs Hornets in Boston

Post by swedeinestonia Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:41 pm

kdp59 wrote:who is TBA

15th player is PF/C Kevin McParish.
swedeinestonia
swedeinestonia

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:43 pm

Jared Weiss @JaredWeissNBA
about 1 hour ago
If TBA turns out to be Guerschon, this game should be moved to ABC.
reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by sinus007 Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:39 pm

Hi,
It looks like the game will be on NBATV. Can't wait...

AK
sinus007
sinus007

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:50 pm

swedeinestonia wrote:
kdp59 wrote:who is TBA

15th player is PF/C Kevin McParish.

sounds like a good player and an even better fit on this team!!
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:18 pm

Chris Forsberg @ESPNForsberg
about 17 minutes ago
Celtics starters vs. Hornets: Kyrie Irving, Jaylen Brown, Gordon Hayward, Al Horford, Aron Baynes. Brad Stevens explains starters.

https://twitter.com/ESPNForsberg/status/914972899278249984

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:20 pm

Jaylen Brown hitting 3s in warm up before game.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:55 pm

Boston Celtics‏Verified account @celtics 1h1 hour ago
More
Brad Stevens goes out of his way to say, "I'm really excited about Jabari (Bird)." Adds that Bird could very well see time tonight.
5 replies 51 retweets 250 likes
Reply 5 Retweet 51 Like 250
bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down