KyleCleric
mrkleen09
cowens/oldschool
dboss
bobheckler
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Post Game Thread - Pre Season vs Charlotte - Page 2 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - Pre Season vs Charlotte

Post by bobheckler Wed Oct 04, 2017 2:57 pm

dboss wrote:I wanted to share another observation with the group.  I watched the Celts/Hornets again to verify what I thought I saw with respect to Marcus Smart.  In particular he has changed the way he shoots the 3 ball.  

Last year he shot the ball really  high and the release point was middle to the back of his head.  In the Hornets game his release point is more to the front and lower.  It is a slight adjustment but maybe a more comfortable and compact shot for him.

I will be checking that out in the Philly game on Friday.

dboss

dboss,

Thank you for that observation. As you know I have been quite critical of Smart's shooting mechanics, in particular, the two things you mentioned. Smart has also remarked that his jump shots are actually more like jump shots now that he has lost all that weight and can jump now.

I will pay attention to that on Friday as well.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - Pre Season vs Charlotte - Page 2 Empty Re: Post Game Thread - Pre Season vs Charlotte

Post by dboss Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:33 pm

bobheckler wrote:
dboss wrote:I wanted to share another observation with the group.  I watched the Celts/Hornets again to verify what I thought I saw with respect to Marcus Smart.  In particular he has changed the way he shoots the 3 ball.  

Last year he shot the ball really  high and the release point was middle to the back of his head.  In the Hornets game his release point is more to the front and lower.  It is a slight adjustment but maybe a more comfortable and compact shot for him.

I will be checking that out in the Philly game on Friday.

dboss

dboss,

Thank you for that observation.  As you know I have been quite critical of Smart's shooting mechanics, in particular, the two things you mentioned.  Smart has also remarked that his jump shots are actually more like jump shots now that he has lost all that weight and can jump now.

I will pay attention to that on Friday as well.  

bob

Thanks Bob

That adjustment may pay dividends and if it does Danny can break out the check book and lock this 23 year old in for a while. Sometimes I forget that he is still pretty young.

He will still need to be more selective when taking three's but if he has corrected the structural flaws in his release we could really see a significant improvement from him.

I am keeping my fingers crossed because I know that Danny is not shy to part with a player.

dboss

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Oct 04, 2017 3:58 pm

I wish Steph Curry were Smart's shooting coach.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2