Tommy being Tommy

3 posters

Go down

Tommy being Tommy Empty Tommy being Tommy

Post by steve3344 Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:13 am

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/celtics-announcer-aaron-baynes-shower-article-1.3537466

I admit I got a chuckle out of this.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Tommy being Tommy Empty Re: Tommy being Tommy

Post by bobheckler Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:00 am

steve3344 wrote:http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/celtics-announcer-aaron-baynes-shower-article-1.3537466

I admit I got a chuckle out of this.

Steve,

I heard him say that last night.  He was in mid-season form. No wonder Mike Gorman laughs so much.

Tommy's a guy who has spent most of his life in showers with men.  It's no big deal to him but it sure sounds funny coming out of the blue.

Reminds me of something syndicated columnist Mark Shields once said about Jack Kemp back in 1996, when Kemp and Dole were running against Clinton and Gore.  Shields said Kemp brought an understanding and ease with black people that most Republicans don't have because "Kemp has been with more naked black men than most Republicans know total".  For the record he was making a joke about Kemp's HOF NFL career, and it was taken as such when he said it, but the Tommy comment reminds me of that.  Professional athletes spend a lot of time naked and half-naked with people of the same sex and it's no big deal to them.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:32 pm

Chris Forsberg @ESPNForsberg
about 29 minutes ago
Aron Baynes on Tommy Heinsohn's comments: "It's always nice to get a compliment from a Celtics legend ... The Missus got a few texts."
reply retweet like

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:10 pm

Kemp was such a boon to the Republican Party, providing sorely missing perspectives. I always likes him as both a player and politician, even though when I met him he totally ignored me rushing out of a banquet hall.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down