I consider LeBron the best player in the NBA but....

2 posters

Go down

I consider LeBron the best player in the NBA but.... Empty I consider LeBron the best player in the NBA but....

Post by Guest Tue May 04, 2010 2:51 pm

If Boston beats Cleveland that would make 7 years that he will go without a title and he has only 1 Finals appearance. It's not like he has been playing for the Nets or Clippers.
Even though he could win numerous titles down the road, how much would this loss diminish how people view his 'greatness' going into next year?
I agree with Magic Johnson when he was asked in last years playoffs who is the best player in the NBA, LeBron or Kobe?
His response was, "I would take LeBron for the regular season but Kobe for the playoffs."
I expected LeBron to change my mind this year as I expected him to completely dominate anybody he played. So far, that hasn't happened.
In my opinion, he is still quite far from knocking Kobe out of the top spot as a big game performer.

I am sure many won't agree with me here, but that is ok, opinions and different viewpoints are great.

Back to top Go down

I consider LeBron the best player in the NBA but.... Empty Re: I consider LeBron the best player in the NBA but....

Post by bobheckler Tue May 04, 2010 3:11 pm

I think it's safe to say Kobe is a bigger "big game" player than LeBron. That's because Kobe's had some and LeBron hasn't.

I don't blame LeBron for the first 4-5 years of that 7 year stretch, just as I don't blame Kobe for the years between Shaq leaving and '08. You gotta have other players that can get the job done. He doesn't have much of an excuse now, though, and didn't have much of one last year either.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

I consider LeBron the best player in the NBA but.... Empty Re: I consider LeBron the best player in the NBA but....

Post by dbrown4 Tue May 04, 2010 3:32 pm

I agree with you tj. The problem with LeBron is he comes across as entitled. Fans and others can see right through it. It simply behavior not deserving of a champion or championship. CLE thinks they are entitled to a championship this year. However, this CLE team is pretty much a carbon copy of last year's team with a few interchangable parts. The fitting round of exit for them would be this round, since they really haven't improved that much over last year's team.

Can LeBron and CLE win it this year? Of course they can. Will they? I just don't think so. Kobe, despite all his flaws, doesn't come across as entitled. He comes across as a lethal assassin with one goal and one goal only in mind. I don't loathe Kobe as much as I used to and have come to respect him as a truly great basketball player who, through Phil Jackson, figured out how to win championships. I really don't think LeBron has learned anything new this year via Mike Brown. It certainly isn't showing on the court. Their team had a worse regular season record than last year. How do you do that with better talent and another year of experience under your belt? Now Danny Ferry has surrounded LeBron with everything and every perfectly placed player at his disposal. But I honestly think LeBron has regressed and brought his team down as a result in his quest and a fitting exit stage left would be this round. But you know who's going to get fired first after CLE exits? It won't be LeBron "I can't flex my elbow" James. He's going to quit CLE before he gets fired. He's a free agent. It's going to be Mike Brown and Danny Ferry, in that order.

That's a huge statement and answer from Magic. It sums LeBron up perfectly.

Has LeBron and CLE worked harder, sweated more, scored more, endured more, played longer than anybody else so that he is entitled to a championship? That I don't know, but all that doesn't entitle you to a championship. You have to win 4 series in a row, best of 7.
dbrown4
dbrown4

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down