LaMarcus Aldridge “Unhappy” in San Antonio

+4
dboss
red16russ11
RosalieTCeltics
bobheckler
8 posters

Go down

LaMarcus Aldridge “Unhappy” in San Antonio Empty LaMarcus Aldridge “Unhappy” in San Antonio

Post by bobheckler Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:32 pm

https://www.blazersedge.com/2017/10/6/16438636/lamarcus-aldridge-unhappy-san-antonio

LaMarcus Aldridge “Unhappy” in San Antonio

LaMarcus Aldridge revealed that he is not happy playing for the Spurs.

by RyanASterling  

Oct 6, 2017, 12:40pm PDT

LaMarcus Aldridge “Unhappy” in San Antonio Usa_today_10306316.0
Soobum Im-USA TODAY Sports

Sometimes the grass truly is not greener on the other side of the hill.

San Antonio Spurs forward LaMarcus Aldridge revealed to Spurs coach Gregg Popovich that he has not been happy with the team, according to Michael C. Wright of ESPN.com.

"It was me kind of being blunt about it, and being kind of forward," Aldridge recently told ESPN during training camp. "He was open to it. I kind of just spilled my heart about how I felt about how things were, and how things had been going.

"I think he was kind of caught off guard. I don't think he really had noticed [that I was unhappy]. But once I said it, he was great about listening, and it was good from there. I felt like I wasn't really fitting into the system as best I could. I wasn't really helping like I felt I could."
The former Portland Trail Blazers star averaged career lows in postseason points and rebounds during the 2017 playoffs, topped off by an eight turnover game against the Golden State Warriors in the Western Conference Finals. After that performance, Coach Popovich publicly referred to Aldridge as “timid”.

Aldridge’s defense fell off during the last season’s run as well, with metrics suggesting Aldridge was not just the worst defender on the team during the playoffs, but one of the worst in Popovich’s postseason career.

But Popovich and his star forward have moved forward and are looking for ways to make the relationship productive for all parties.

"We have talked about what we can do to make him more comfortable, and to make our team better. But having said that, I think we are mostly talking about offense. Defense, he was fantastic for us. Now, we have got to help him a little bit more so that he is comfortable in his own space offensively, and I haven't done a very good job of that."

Aldridge turned down a maximum offer from Portland and signed a 4-year $80-million contract with the Spurs in July of 2015. Over his Trail Blazers career, he averaged 19.4 points and 8.4 rebounds. He is the Blazers all-time leader in rebounds with 5,434.

bob
MY NOTE:  I don't think we want a 32-year old player like Aldridge, but I'll bet someone does and if/when that deal happens it will create ripples on the NBA pond just as the Hayward signing created a ripple by forcing the trade of Avery Bradley, the Irving trade created a ripple by filling holes on the Cleveland roster (and give them the Brooklyn pick), the Paul George trade turned Indy into a less-potent team and the Carmelo Anthony trade turned the Knicks into a submarine with screen doors and gave OKC fans hope that Westbrook would sign an extension and stay there (which he later did).

A quality player NOT being happy playing for Pop? What is going wrong with this world?

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

LaMarcus Aldridge “Unhappy” in San Antonio Empty Re: LaMarcus Aldridge “Unhappy” in San Antonio

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:41 pm

I thought they straightened out the issues there? Gee, too bad, making all that money and being unhappy! What a shame. Who is to blame here? From what I saw, it is not Pop, he isn't on the floor playing basketball Aldridge is. He looked lost out there at times last year.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

LaMarcus Aldridge “Unhappy” in San Antonio Empty Re: LaMarcus Aldridge “Unhappy” in San Antonio

Post by red16russ11 Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:23 pm

May only get worse when Rudy Gay comes back. He's not known as a willing sharer either.

I would say look for OKC or POR to make a play to get him if this continues.
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:16 pm

What is this really about?

I think this is clearly related to the fact that Aldridge has been playing less minutes with the Spurs than he did at Portland. Offensively that is around 5 less FGA per game.

If I'm POP I would explore opportunities to move him in a trade.

Pop has a proven offensive and defensive system. If he does not like the way Pop runs the show he would also hate the Celtics.

dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:22 pm

There were all kinds of rumors that he wanted to return to Portland. The only thing is, does Portland have the cap room or other players to trade to make this happen sooner rather than later.. He was miserable at the end of last year. Being the big man in Portland for so many years . he can't handle playing second to Leonard. Move him now!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:28 pm

The Spurs' system has netted 5 championship titles. I think the issue is more with Aldridge than the team.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Sun Oct 08, 2017 9:27 am

Aldridge may be unhappy in San Antonio, but there is no need for anyone to think that he should ever be thought of as an addition to the Cs unless he comes completely for free.

Without somehow being available for FREE (impossible?) he would be far too costly in terms of contract money and whatever it would cost in talent to get him.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:40 pm

That goes without saying I am not sure he would even fit here I never even thought of the C's
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Sun Oct 08, 2017 5:37 pm

He wouldn't fit with the Cs because he will complain about his touches.
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:20 pm

The opposite of what the Celtics needs. Every time he gets the ball the movement and rotation STOPS. No thanks.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:36 pm

Obviously, he was miserable...

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account
@wojespn
Follow Follow @wojespn
More
San Antonio Spurs forward LaMarcus Aldridge has reached agreement on a contract extension, league sources tell ESPN.
1:22 PM - 16 Oct 2017

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:46 am

bobheckler wrote:Obviously, he was miserable...

Adrian Wojnarowski‏Verified account
@wojespn
Follow Follow @wojespn
More
San Antonio Spurs forward LaMarcus Aldridge has reached agreement on a contract extension, league sources tell ESPN.
1:22 PM - 16 Oct 2017

bob

HA, ha, ha

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down