Gerald Green back looking for a job

4 posters

Go down

Gerald Green back looking for a job Empty Gerald Green back looking for a job

Post by kdp59 Sun Oct 15, 2017 8:23 am

Shams Charania: Sources: Milwaukee has waived guard Gerald Green. The 10-year veteran reenters free agency before season starts this week. – via Twitter ShamsCharania

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Gerald Green back looking for a job Empty Re: Gerald Green back looking for a job

Post by wideclyde Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:17 pm

Green was a "professional" addition to last year's team, and a good one. But, he only played minimal minutes in the 50+ games that he played in during the regular season. Yes, he did provide some energy in the first playoff series, but he did seem to get old during last season to the point where letting him go was a good decision.

I would not even think of resigning him to this year's team with all of the wings that are on the roster as he would take valuable minutes from these young guys. Also, in my opinion, if the 15th spot is going to get filled a center type players is much more necessary than another wing guy.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Gerald Green back looking for a job Empty Re: Gerald Green back looking for a job

Post by k_j_88 Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:31 pm

I'm confident in the wings. I'd go for a big body in the paint.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:35 pm

They are also mentioning Richard Jefferson, which I feel would be fine in April/May, but not now.
Having as many weapons as you can in the playoffs is great but I do not want to clutter the bench now with minimal use players.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down