Starting a list of the many positives that Brad Stevens brings to the Celtics.

4 posters

Go down

Starting a list of the many positives that Brad Stevens brings to the Celtics. Empty Starting a list of the many positives that Brad Stevens brings to the Celtics.

Post by wideclyde Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:36 am

I will start the list with---Player development (every player he has improves his personal game examples: Turner, Thomas, etc, etc)

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Starting a list of the many positives that Brad Stevens brings to the Celtics. Empty Re: Starting a list of the many positives that Brad Stevens brings to the Celtics.

Post by bobheckler Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:43 am

ATOs (After Time Outs).  The players are believers, they go out and do what he tells them to do whether it makes sense to them in the huddle or not.  That's not just Xs-and-Os coaching, that's leadership.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Starting a list of the many positives that Brad Stevens brings to the Celtics. Empty Re: Starting a list of the many positives that Brad Stevens brings to the Celtics.

Post by Phil Pressey Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:11 pm

Stevens brings out the best in jaded veterans. Old dogs learn new tricks under Brad. He played college ball. He's a very nice person who doesn't play head games. He gives 100% as a coach. He figures out what works best and doesn't rely on gimmicks such as small ball. He's just trying to win games. He's just saying no one is too old to improve and no one is too young to emerge. It becomes team as superstar. Kyrie with his great attitude is proof that this is what's going on within the locker room and facilities.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:22 pm

I think it's just his cool demeanor. Watch game winning shots, by looking solely at him one would never have any idea we'd just won the game.

Seems the gears in his mind are already focused on the next play the next possession.

I'd love to sit through a week of practices and see just the nuances of his preparation.
Guess that is the word that fits him to me best.

Preparation.

And when he is prepared like that ........... the players almost to a tee have to follow suit cause he's proved his way has worked.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down