red16russ11
Sandpd
bobheckler
wideclyde
fierce
steve3344
10 posters

Go down

Battle of two high-profile rookies tonight Empty Battle of two high-profile rookies tonight

Post by steve3344 Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:46 am

Ben Simmons and Lonzo Ball went head-to-head tonight and Lonzo performed as well as his brother did in that sunglass store in China.

Ben: 18 points (on 8-13 shooting), 10 assists, 9 rebounds, 5 steals.
Lonzo: 2 points (on 1-9 shooting, 0-6 on threes), 5 rebounds, 2 assists. And was benched for the fourth quarter for the second straight game.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/philadelphia-76ers-los-angeles-lakers-2017111513/

Seems like it's going to be a trying season for Lonzo. And hopefully the Lakers too.

Would be remiss not to mention the incredible game Embiid had for Philly tonight: 46-15-7 with 7 blocks, numbers no one in NBA history has ever put up in one game before. And he only missed 6 FG's all night. Sixers are going to be a beast soon.

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Battle of two high-profile rookies tonight Empty Re: Battle of two high-profile rookies tonight

Post by fierce Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:15 am

It's looking like the Lakers wasted all the #2 picks they got.

D'Angelo Russell is now with the Nets.

Ingram is a bust.

And Lonzo Ball is a bust in the making.

The only bright spot for the Lakers is Kuzma.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Battle of two high-profile rookies tonight Empty Re: Battle of two high-profile rookies tonight

Post by wideclyde Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:20 am

Just toooo bad that the Lakers might still be a long way from turning their franchise around. No matter who runs them, coaches them or plays for them I always hope that they lose every game they play. Especially now with the Cs in a position to benefit in the next draft I wouldn't mind of they never even scored another point this year.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:03 pm

46 points, 15 rebounds, 7 assists, 7 blocks in 34 minutes and now he's trolling LaVar Ball in their ongoing twitter battle.  Wanna bet LaVar is suddenly silent?

Joel Embiid‏Verified account 
[ltr]@JoelEmbiid[/ltr]

FollowFollow 

[ltr]@JoelEmbiid[/ltr]

[size=1]More[/size]
WHAT A NIGHT #TheProcess

Battle of two high-profile rookies tonight DOvEFbwV4AErZpg

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandpd Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:16 pm

steve3344 wrote:Ben Simmons and Lonzo Ball went head-to-head tonight and Lonzo performed as well as his brother did in that sunglass store in China.

Ben: 18 points (on 8-13 shooting), 10 assists, 9 rebounds, 5 steals.
Lonzo: 2 points (on 1-9 shooting, 0-6 on threes), 5 rebounds, 2 assists. And was benched for the fourth quarter for the second straight game.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/philadelphia-76ers-los-angeles-lakers-2017111513/

Seems like it's going to be a trying season for Lonzo. And hopefully the Lakers too.

Would be remiss not to mention the incredible game Embiid had for Philly tonight: 46-15-7 with 7 blocks, numbers no one in NBA history has ever put up in one game before. And he only missed 6 FG's all night. Sixers are going to be a beast soon.

Simmons is a 6'10" point guard who poses problems for other teams to defend against, not unlike the problems posed by Magic Johnson in his prime. Most of the guards he plays against are outmatched because of his size and length. The dilemma is whether to put a bigger defender on him, a forward, or to do a lot of switching. If/when he improves his shooting, he'll be an unstoppable juggernaut at an all-star level.

Embiid played like an elite superstar. I was also impressed with his footwork, e.g., that Euro side-step move to the hoop was something I had never seen successfully executed or even attempted by someone his size. He emulated an agile guard on that play. It will be interesting to see when the C's play Philly again if he's still healthy. He appears to be recovering or has recovered very well. The "Process" seems to be finally evolving in the right direction for them.
Sandpd
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Post by red16russ11 Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:40 pm

Lonzo isn't even the best rookie on his own team
red16russ11
red16russ11

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:51 pm

Does Embiid play both games in back to back situations? Until he can do that, questions about his longevity will still come up.

Count me with those who never want the Lakers to win or improve.

gyso

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandpd Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:57 pm

gyso wrote:Does Embiid play both games in back to back situations?  Until he can do that, questions about his longevity will still come up.  

gyso

+1
Sandpd
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:08 pm

gyso wrote:Does Embiid play both games in back to back situations?  Until he can do that, questions about his longevity will still come up.  

gyso
+2
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:01 pm

gyso

gyso,

I'd alter that slightly to say I wouldn't mind seeing them improve to the point where we sweep them in the finals.

That would be fun.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:27 pm

NYCelt wrote:

gyso

gyso,

I'd alter that slightly to say I wouldn't mind seeing them improve to the point where we sweep them in the finals.

That would be fun.

Regards

Anything can happen in the playoffs, so I wouldn't want to take the chance. No, my choice is for LA to be horrible, now and forever. No

Battle of two high-profile rookies tonight Green_11

Back to top Go down

Post by fierce Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:27 pm

NYCelt wrote:

gyso

gyso,

That would be fun.

Regards

I think we would have to wait another decade for the Lakers to be relevant again.
fierce
fierce

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:32 pm

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/nfl-reporter-levels-troll-hard-162429869.html

NFL Reporter Levels Troll With Hard-Earned Comeback

Battle of two high-profile rookies tonight 710c91c0-4b9c-11e7-8912-374be9390b1b_H-1-.png.cf Ron Dicker,HuffPost 6 hours ago

Battle of two high-profile rookies tonight 60f70d8527cc3d9afa259c97beb71a8f

NFL Network reporter Stacey Dales just smacked a Twitter troll so hard that we’re gonna need a minute.

On Wednesday, Dales tweeted about Los Angeles Lakers rookie guard Lonzo Ball, calling him “the most over-hyped player I have ever seen.”

Then came this response:

StaceyDales 

✔️@StaceyDales

[ltr]I know it’s early, but early happened to him. Lonzo Ball is the most over-hyped player I have ever seen. May he catch his stride Battle of two high-profile rookies tonight 1f44f-1f3fc[/ltr]

Battle of two high-profile rookies tonight NOT2SFnU_normalCharbe Bellama @cbellama3

[ltr]Stick to nfl plz[/ltr]

8:26 PM - Nov 15, 2017

371 people are talking about this

Oh, misguided Twitter-disser, it turns out that Dales is more than qualified to opine on such matters.

StaceyDales 

✔️@StaceyDales

[ltr]I played basketball for over 25 years. In the WNBA. In the Olympics. I’m a two-time first team All-American out of Oklahoma. They retired my jersey. Stick to remaining silent. https://twitter.com/cbellama3/status/931015523571154945 …[/ltr]

8:30 PM - Nov 15, 2017

11K people are talking about this

And she rubbed it in with relish.

StaceyDales 

✔️@StaceyDales

[ltr]Destroyed him. What else should I do? https://twitter.com/coachriv2/status/931042091416698885 …[/ltr]

10:30 PM - Nov 15, 2017

49 people are talking about this

StaceyDales 

✔️@StaceyDales

[ltr]Who wants next?[/ltr]

12:43 AM - Nov 16, 2017

81 people are talking about this

It wasn’t over. Dales had more to say on the matter Thursday morning.

StaceyDales 

✔️@StaceyDales

[ltr]I just woke up. I really hate having to defend myself to internet midgets. People, start to respect women. We are JUST the other gender. Pretty mighty if you ask me.[/ltr]

4:45 AM - Nov 16, 2017

190 people are talking about this

StaceyDales 

✔️@StaceyDales

[ltr]Oh. And you should have seen me play.[/ltr]

5:40 AM - Nov 16, 2017

87 people are talking about this

Later on, Pro Football Hall of Famer Warren Sapp demanded that the Twitter wiseacre apologize to Dales, but the critic wouldn’t back down.

Charbe Bellama @cbellama3
Replying to @WarrenSapp @StaceyDales

[ltr]Woke up to a tweet from one of my favorite players, appreciate it man[/ltr]

Battle of two high-profile rookies tonight 92gMaoU5_normalWarren Sapp 

✔️@WarrenSapp

[ltr]Apologize to my Great Friend and Bad Azzz @StaceyDalesGood Sir, U was Waaaay Out of line! That’s what I woke up to! #ThanksInAdvance[/ltr]

6:57 AM - Nov 16, 2017

35 people are talking about this

Warren Sapp 

✔️@WarrenSapp
Replying to @cbellama3 @StaceyDales

[ltr]Apologize to my Great Friend and Bad Azzz @StaceyDales Good Sir, U was Waaaay Out of line! That’s what I woke up to! #ThanksInAdvance[/ltr]

Battle of two high-profile rookies tonight NOT2SFnU_normalCharbe Bellama @cbellama3

[ltr]By saying stick to nfl? Meaning I don’t agree with what she said bout Zo? I’m good, freedom of speech.[/ltr]

6:59 AM - Nov 16, 2017

54 people are talking about this

Charbe Bellama @cbellama3
Replying to @WarrenSapp @StaceyDales

[ltr]By saying stick to nfl? Meaning I don’t agree with what she said bout Zo? I’m good, freedom of speech.[/ltr]

Battle of two high-profile rookies tonight 92gMaoU5_normalWarren Sapp 

✔️@WarrenSapp

[ltr]She can hoop you off the planet, that was her trade craft. She’s a cutie too! Hence the TV gig plus She knows her S#it. Free speech ain’t free when it’s Dumb![/ltr]

7:03 AM - Nov 16, 2017

115 people are talking about this

Warren Sapp 

✔️@WarrenSapp
Replying to @cbellama3 @StaceyDales

[ltr]She can hoop you off the planet, that was her trade craft. She’s a cutie too! Hence the TV gig plus She knows her S#it. Free speech ain’t free when it’s Dumb![/ltr]

[ltr]Nothing to do with what I said about @ZO2_[/ltr]

7:06 AM - Nov 16, 2017

44 people are talking about this

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:55 pm

Stupid is as stupid does.

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:17 pm

Honestly, I don't consider Ben Simmons a "rookie." It's not fair to the actual rookies drafted this year.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down