Go down

Happy Birthday Empty Happy Birthday

Post by bobheckler Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:40 am

Boston Celtics‏Verified account 

[ltr]@celtics[/ltr]

FollowFollow 

[ltr]@celtics[/ltr]

More
Happy Birthday 31-20e3Happy Birthday 30-20e3 turns Happy Birthday 37-20e3Happy Birthday 31-20e3 today

https://twitter.com/celtics/status/931182580279291906

Boston Celtics‏Verified account 
[ltr]@celtics[/ltr]

FollowFollow 
[ltr]@celtics[/ltr]

More
Happy Birthday #CelticsHappy Birthday NBA_2017_18_BOS Legend and 2x @NBA champ Jo Jo White Happy Birthday 1f389Happy Birthday 2618

Happy Birthday DOwszAuWsAUUVS5

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Happy Birthday Empty Re: Happy Birthday

Post by RosalieTCeltics Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:49 pm

God Bless Him, he has gone to hell and back with his health and has come out the other side still walking and talking.  After having surgery on his brain for a tumor, he had to learn to walk and talk again. True to his nature, he fought hard and is back, maybe not all the way, but certainly better than what he would have been if they had not found that tumor.  

He is still suave and debonair, a class act all the way. A true gentleman

Happy Birthday JoJo, I remember the night they drafted you. I almost feel out of bed listening to the draft on the radio. How you fell to us I do not know, but it was the best thing that happened to the Celtics.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:03 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:God Bless Him, he has gone to hell and back with his health and has come out the other side still walking and talking.  After having surgery on his brain for a tumor, he had to learn to walk and talk again. True to his nature, he fought hard and is back, maybe not all the way, but certainly better than what he would have been if they had not found that tumor.  

He is still suave and debonair, a class act all the way. A true gentleman

Happy Birthday JoJo, I remember the night they drafted you. I almost feel out of bed listening to the draft on the radio. How you fell to us I do not know, but it was the best thing that happened to the Celtics.

Rosalie,

It might have been his 2 year military commitment that cooled GMs on him.  Jo Jo said that his time as a Marine prepared him physically and mentally for professional basketball.

He was also drafted by the Dallas Cowboys and the Cincinnati Reds.  Not only are we lucky he fell to us, we're lucky he chose basketball!!

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:22 pm

Jo Jo lived here in the Rochester, NY area for years after retiring. Married a girl from the area and settled here in an east-side suburb. You would always see them out in some of the nicer restaurants and clubs and events around town. He had this big old Cadillac too; it would always end up parked right out front of wherever he was visiting. No mistaking it was him with his Jo Jo vanity plates. Jo Jo got heavily involved in the community; unselfish with his time, and always happy to talk with whoever approached him. He was always a class act. They moved to Maryland a few years ago, where they had various business dealings, but no one since has ever come up with a story about him that's any less than complimentary. He also beat some health issues, that led him to start a charitable foundation.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down