The rest of November into December looks very easy in regards to the win streak

+4
dboss
k_j_88
wideclyde
Phil Pressey
8 posters

Go down

The rest of November into December looks very easy in regards to the win streak Empty The rest of November into December looks very easy in regards to the win streak

Post by Phil Pressey Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Sat, Nov 18
@ Atlanta (3-12)

Mon, Nov 20
@ Dallas (2-13)

Wed, Nov 22
@ Miami (6- 8 )

Fri, Nov 24
vs Orlando (8-7)

Sat, Nov 25
@ Indiana (7- 8 )

Mon, Nov 27
vs Detroit (10-4)

Thu, Nov 30
vs Philadelphia (8-6)

Sat, Dec 2
vs Phoenix (5-11)

Mon, Dec 4
vs Milwaukee (8-6)

Wed, Dec 6
vs Dallas (2-13)

There are a few solid teams above, but all of those are home games.

If we sweep, the record becomes an imposing 24-2.

Then it gets tough on the road.

Fri, Dec 8
@ San Antonio (9-6; 6-2 at home)

Sun, Dec 10
@ Detroit (10-4; 7-1 at home)

It'd be tough to continue a 24 game winning streak against the Spurs or Detroit on the road.

We will probably lose a game before then anyway?  Evil or Very Mad

The Celtics could win 70 games and have a historic season. I like the win streak because not all 48 minutes of any of the games is that great to watch. But the win streak adds a bit of drama, as does Marcus Smart.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

The rest of November into December looks very easy in regards to the win streak Empty Re: The rest of November into December looks very easy in regards to the win streak

Post by wideclyde Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:59 pm

One game at a time, please. More exciting, less depressing should a loss happen and more rewarding if accomplished one at a time.

And, Marcus Smart had the best plus/minus last night while only scoring one point. He usually has a great plus/minus in all of the tough games. If you are frustrated with him, think of this 14 game streak being broken many games ago if he is not playing the minutes that he has earned. Last night would have been the end of a 13 game streak without Smart's contributions.

Points and shooting percentage are icing on the cake with this guy, but his shooting will improve sooner rather than later.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

The rest of November into December looks very easy in regards to the win streak Empty Re: The rest of November into December looks very easy in regards to the win streak

Post by k_j_88 Fri Nov 17, 2017 8:35 pm

Don't get me wrong, the streak is cool. It's history-making, and it'll go a long way in helping us secure the #1 seed. With that said, how important is the streak?

I just want them to continue to grow. Obviously losses suck, but focusing on a streak seems shortsighted to me.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:53 pm

That is not an easy schedule.

Every single one of those teams can beat the Celtics.
I would not get too ahead of yourself on this.  The Celtics take it one game at a time.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:55 pm

wideclyde wrote:One game at a time, please.  More exciting, less depressing should a loss happen and more rewarding if accomplished one at a time.

And, Marcus Smart had the best plus/minus last night while only scoring one point.  He usually has a great plus/minus in all of the tough games.  If you are frustrated with him, think of this 14 game streak being broken many games ago if he is not playing the minutes that he has earned.  Last night would have been the end of a 13 game streak without Smart's contributions.

Points and shooting percentage are icing on the cake with this guy, but his shooting will improve sooner rather than later.
Plus/Minus is like Chinese Arithmetic
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:32 pm

Phil

I should also mentioned that every team they play is looking to knock them off.  That is what happens when you are a good team on an extended winning streak.

Dboss

Last edited by dboss on Fri Nov 17, 2017 11:10 pm; edited 2 times in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:41 pm

With each win the target on The Celtic's backs grows bigger.

We'll take a few losses, probably sooner rather than later, but that's OK.

I don't know how far we'll get, and don't care to predict. All I know is it's been fun in the early-going, and I hope it continues.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:25 am

This Celtics team understands the real keys to success. Play one possession at a time. One shot at a time. One rebound at a time. One pass at a time. One free throw at a time. One quarter at a time. One game at a time.

I haven't seen such emotional maturity from sn NBA team in a long time, and they are mos tly just kids, really. Kudos to everyone in the Celtics organization for making this all real.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:48 am

I see what you guys mean. Yes, the win streak actually means nothing. Nonetheless, the C's should be the favorite every game until San Antonio and Detroit on the road.

Maybe a good guess is 8-2. The record could be 22-4, still way up there.

Horford had an Atlanta team that looked great during the season but never posed a real threat in the playoffs.

Yeah, it's the young guys. Tatum is so good he is already better than Brown was in his rookie year. Brown is already better than Avery Bradley. Baynes. The Celtics are stacked because Brown and Tatum are as good as could be hoped for. Horford looks like KG. I don't think Danny sold his soul or anything, but the Celtics are looking good.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:53 am

calm down
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by beat Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:06 am

Next game is the focus.

I'm sure Stevens preps the team that way too.

I doubt the streak goes much further but I'm only looking at #15 today.

Hopefully!!

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:27 pm

beat wrote:Next game is the focus.

I'm sure Stevens preps the team that way too.

I doubt the streak goes much further but I'm only looking at #15 today.

Hopefully!!

beat

Yes, in multiple games the sideline reporter has shared the info that Brad told them to take it a possession at a time. You win a possession, you're in the game. He says things like there is still plenty of game left.

Well, at least the next two games should be wins.

The main thing might be to just stay healthy at the right time as in playoffs. That's Cleveland's strategy, although they seem to be burning out LeBron if that's possible. But they just want to get a decent seed, maybe home court for one round. They want Isaiah back and see if he can play close to his best.

We could lose at home to Orlando and more likely Detroit or on the road to mediocre Miami and Indiana teams.

I remember the Celtics stopping the Rockets and Golden State who were on long winning streaks. Yes, the team which beats us first will get a signature win. The target is on the Celtic's back. This is the old gunslinger theme and all the upstarts want to be the one to take down The Gunfighter which was a Gregory Peck movie.

I think we are similar to the 2008 team. Most said KG, Pierce and Ray might need time to put it together and would perhaps emerge as a champion in the second year of the perceived three year window. They shot out of the gate and never looked back. The Celtics have apparently arrived yet again earlier than expected.

The sample pool is small, but we don't seem as strong this year on back to backs. Maybe the loss will come from one of those. That might be November 25th at Indiana.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:35 pm

Are NBA teams stronger on the 2nd night of back to backs? I doubt it.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Phil Pressey Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:57 pm

worcester wrote:Are NBA teams stronger on the 2nd night of back to backs? I doubt it.

No, they usually aren't. But Brad's teams seem to buck that trend. I don't see the stats for last year, but this is a Sean Grande tweet from December 2015.

Kids, your Boston Celtics, you figure them out.

Last...

19 road games: 14-5
12 back to back games: 11-1
10 back to back road games: 10-0
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:33 pm

That is amazing. Yes, I do remember that now.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down