Stevens: Celtics haven't played well enough to make streak 'valid'

2 posters

Go down

Stevens: Celtics haven't played well enough to make streak 'valid' Empty Stevens: Celtics haven't played well enough to make streak 'valid'

Post by 112288 Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:19 pm

Stevens: Celtics haven't played well enough to make streak 'valid'

By NBC Sports Boston Report November 18, 2017 5:18 PM

You know who else - besides Charles Barkley - isn't impressed by the Celtics' 14-game winning streak?

At the shootaround in Atlanta before the Celtics attempt to make it 15 in a row tonight against the Hawks, Brad Stevens told reporters, including ESPN's Chris Forsberg, that his team hasn't played well enough to make the streak "valid."

“We haven’t played well enough to consider this win streak to be valid in my opinion,” Stevens said."We’ve figured out ways to win games. We gotta play a lot better.”

The Celtics have come back from double-digit deficits a number of times in the streak. Stevens said they're fortunate those rallies have kept the streak going.

"We've got to be better, and we know that," Stevens said. "We can't get so caught up in the results of all these games and ride that emotion. We've been fortunate to win a lot of the games in this streak, including Thursday night [92-88 over the defending champion Golden State Warriors]. If we dig ourselves a 17-point hole every other game, it's not going to be as much fun as we've had recently."

Back to top Go down

Stevens: Celtics haven't played well enough to make streak 'valid' Empty Re: Stevens: Celtics haven't played well enough to make streak 'valid'

Post by 112288 Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:24 pm

ARE YOU SURE THAT WAS BRAD WHO SAID THAT OR WAS IT BILL BELICHICK??????????

LOL

GO MOVE BRAD..............YOU ARE LEARNING FROM THE GREATEST COACH OF ALL TIME IN THE MODERN ERA!

Back to top Go down

Stevens: Celtics haven't played well enough to make streak 'valid' Empty Re: Stevens: Celtics haven't played well enough to make streak 'valid'

Post by Phil Pressey Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:10 pm

112288 wrote:ARE YOU SURE THAT WAS BRAD WHO SAID THAT OR WAS IT BILL BELICHICK??????????

LOL

GO MOVE BRAD..............YOU ARE LEARNING FROM THE GREATEST COACH OF ALL TIME IN THE MODERN ERA!

I agree. I think Pierce jinxed us in one playoff series with LeBron and Miami. I definitely remember Wade and LeBron acting like the title was in the bag against Dirk. That's when the series turned around. Pride cometh before the fall? Isaiah should have said Brink's Truck once and left it at that. I.T. Time 4th quarter pointing to his wrist left a sour taste. Ali and Namath were the exception, not the rule. Eastwood said a man has to know his limitations.
Phil Pressey
Phil Pressey

Back to top Go down

Post by 112288 Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:26 pm

PHIL...............I LOVE CLINT'S ONE LINERS! HOW TRUE!!!!!

"You've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?" —

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down