Inside scoop on bringing on Brad Stevens

3 posters

Go down

Inside scoop on bringing on Brad Stevens Empty Inside scoop on bringing on Brad Stevens

Post by Matty Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:24 am

https://www.boston.com/sports/boston-celtics/2017/11/18/celtics-co-owner-inside-story-hiring-brad-stevens

I thought this was a interesting read  for several reasons, one of which is how high a basketball iq Danny has. Danny knows his horseflesh  not just when it comes to players but coaches as well.  He had Brad in his sights years before Doc was even thinking about leaving. And once it happened  just how short his short list was indicate's the faith he already had in the college coach.

Also the plan with the rebuild, with no intention of tanking while doing so was revealing, explains the Thomas trade perfectly.

Some folks can trust the process... I will trust Danny Ainge.
Matty
Matty

Back to top Go down

Inside scoop on bringing on Brad Stevens Empty Re: Inside scoop on bringing on Brad Stevens

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:16 pm

Remember one thing, Danny Ainge came from the Red Auerbach era. No way a team run by Red would tank.
He learned his lessons well, and then added his own flair to the mix. Red would have been scratching his head watching Brad coach a game!! No screaming, no yelling, calm as a cucumber.

Thank God Wyc, Steve and the rest of the owners (including Wyc's dad who has a majority holding ownership knew enough to put the day to day operation in the hands of Danny. They saved us from pure hell! And, thank God for Brad, he knows how to push the buttons and get players doing things they never thought they wanted to do.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Inside scoop on bringing on Brad Stevens Empty Re: Inside scoop on bringing on Brad Stevens

Post by worcester Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:19 pm

Yes Rosalie, we have a great deal to be thankful for this Thanksgiving week:
Danny and Brad running the show.
Great young players.
A super enthusiastic fan base.
Living in the USA.
Living on God's green earth in the 21st century.
The love and Divine intelligence which make this a splendid universe in which to be a Celtics fn.

Last edited by worcester on Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:39 pm

God bless you and your family during this week of being thankful and the years ahead.
I will be glad to see this year end, it has been a long one, losing my Mom, one of my very best friends, my brother in law and waiting for the other shoe to fall with my sister in law who has cancer all over.

But I am thankful. It has been a fairly good year health wise for me and my wonderful husband. My two kids are great, and I have a wonderful family of three sisters and one brother to share these holidays with.
My Mom and Dad laid the ground work, now it is our turn to keep it going.

And, of course, I am so thankful for these group of Celtics. They have kept me going at times when it was hard to put one foot in front of the other. I never give up on them, and never will!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving Worcester. God Bless you.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:44 pm

Same to you Rosalie.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down