Rajon Rondo has cameo role in the upcoming film “Just Wright”

Go down

Rajon Rondo has cameo role in the upcoming film “Just Wright” Empty Rajon Rondo has cameo role in the upcoming film “Just Wright”

Post by Brandon$$ Wed May 12, 2010 6:19 pm

http://greenstreet.weei.com/sports/boston/basketball/celtics/2010/05/10/rondo-takes-on-the-big-screen/

Rajon Rondo played the leading role in the Celtics’ win over the Cavaliers on Sunday. It’s not the only role he’s playing this week.

Rondo has a cameo role in the upcoming film “Just Wright,” a romantic comedy about a basketball player starring Common and Queen Latifah, which opens in theaters on Friday.

“I’m friends with Common,” Rondo told WEEI.com. “He asked me if I wasn’t doing anything, there was a basketball movie and he would try to get me a part in it, and he did.”

Rondo shot his scene last summer in New York. He soaked up the total movie experience, complete with hair, makeup and long hours on set.

“It was actually different than I expected,” he said. “We were on set for like 12 hours. My actual shot is maybe like 30 seconds.”

Even though Rondo did not have a speaking role in the movie, he still enjoyed being part of the production.

“[My favorite part was] just seeing how they do it,” he said. “I’ve never been on a movie set before so it was just first experience. I didn’t know you do one particular scene like an entire day. We did maybe like 20 takes. It was crazy. I didn’t expect it. But the guys from the cast were very funny, so I had a great time.”

Rondo is not the first Celtic to have a brush with the silver screen. Ray Allen starred in “He Got Game” and Glen Davis was a top candidate for the leading role in “The Blind Side.” But don’t expect Rondo to be sending out demo tapes any time soon.

“I’m not trying to pursue an acting career,” he said. “I was myself in the movie.”

Rondo has proved he doesn’t need to be in movies to play a starring role.
Brandon$$
Brandon$$

Back to top Go down