Celts: New Offense Themes and Schemes?

4 posters

Go down

Celts:  New Offense Themes and Schemes? Empty Celts: New Offense Themes and Schemes?

Post by sdceltfan Fri Oct 23, 2009 5:51 pm

I haven't been able to watch any of the Celts' preseason games out here in South Dakota. I was wondering if any of you have noticed any new offensive philosophy or schemes that may lead to more easy baskets this season. I feel the Celts work awfully had for their baskets, and need more layups or short running jump shots off of breakouts.

It seems to me that having Daniels on the floor improves our scoring opportunities. I am mindful of a game last season when he torched the Celtics. His production this preseason hasn't surprised me one bit. I know I will catch some flack for this, but I feel starting Daniels and bringing Allen in off the bench may not be a bad idea. I feel Allen slipped last season and will continue to slide. He certainly needs much more rest than he got last season. Hope I am wrong!!

Go Celtics!!

sdceltfan

Back to top Go down

Celts:  New Offense Themes and Schemes? Empty Re: Celts: New Offense Themes and Schemes?

Post by beat Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:14 pm

SD

Seems the focus was giving the new players meaningful minutes with different combos. He did not put many minutes on the big three.
I do agree for the most part we don't get enough of the easy hoops we'll see soon enough if that changes.

beat
beat
beat

Back to top Go down

Celts:  New Offense Themes and Schemes? Empty Re: Celts: New Offense Themes and Schemes?

Post by NickFaldo Fri Oct 23, 2009 6:27 pm

I haven't watched much. I can't seem to get too excited over exhibition games. But I did notice in the last one, Perk with his leaner frame was able to run up the court fast for long outlets and easy opportunities. I also think Eddie House might become more of a factor than the last two years. I agree Ray Allen has slipped a bit, but that if he is used for thirty minutes a game, he will be the Hall of Fame shooter we expect. Eddie is in his prime.

NickFaldo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:47 pm

Hi SD.

The Celtics have been using more picks and more pick-and-rolls than I've noted in the past. At one point in the last game, I burst out laughing because there were two gib statues in green jerseys just standing in front of an Eddie House perimeter show. I can't recall who they were, but I don't recall ever seeing such an obvious (and somewhat wooden) double screen.

Opponents have been shadowing Ray and Eddie as they curl and cut. I believe we'll see even more picks designed to help them create space for their outside shots.

And I believe we'll see even more of both Perk and KG (and possibly Sheed) rolling to the hoop for easy layups or alley oops. Those guys do a pretty good job of feeding one another on such plays, and Rondo is improving in that area too. Daniels seems like a natural at it.

As Doc inserts more plays into the offensive system, the problem of lack of movement without the ball should be mitigated somewhat. When people have specific assignments (rather than standing reather aimlessly around waiting for something to happen), motion becomes an important consequence.

I may be imagining this one, but I sense that they are also more attentive to opening up the lane for Daniels to post up opponents and go to the hoop.

Sam
Sam
Sam
Admin

https://samcelt.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down