The Sky is Falling; Part One

5 posters

Go down

The Sky is Falling; Part One Empty The Sky is Falling; Part One

Post by NYCelt Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:07 pm

Just an observation. Not specifically criticizing anyone.

There seems to be little middle ground. Here, on other Celtic fan sites, or in team coverage. For example, and without much exaggeration...

> Brad's a genius, or, Brad doesn't have the team execute properly/is too set in his ways, etc.

> Smart needs to go, or, we can't seem to win without Smart.

> We can take Golden State, or, we may not make it out of the first round.

> We're going to win 65, or, we're not going to win many more at all.

What's interesting, is the reversals coming from some of the same sources and people.

I'm looking forward to the next couple of big wins. My bet is we'll be predicting banner 18 this year, as soon as that happens.

It's a long season. There is plenty more to go.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

The Sky is Falling; Part One Empty Re: The Sky is Falling; Part One

Post by dboss Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:13 pm

NYCelt

I'm getting sleepy.  On the other hand I think I'll stay up all night.

Dboss
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:09 pm

The word "fan" is a shortened version of "fanatic".

We be that!!

The Sky is Falling; Part One Fanati10

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Feb 12, 2018 5:40 pm

gyso wrote:The word "fan" is a shortened version of "fanatic".

We be that!!

The Sky is Falling; Part One Fanati10

Nothing wrong with that - after all this is an opinion site - subject to opinions that often drip with bias - which is totally understandable when it involves the Celts.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:20 pm

NYCelt,

One thing that could be contributing to this is the mere fact that this team is an enigma capable of matching wits with the likes of Golden State but also crumbling against mediocre teams. This is a young team, but also a good team. Our expectations have been heavily influenced upon what we've seen. But every season is full of ebbs and flows. Right now, momentum is not flowing in our direction. Injuries and a lack of execution on offense have been this biggest glaring spots. We've had a few games where defense has been weak but I suspect that issue will rectify itself.

At this point, 65 wins is mathematically impossible. I know some here were throwing around 60 wins as an achievable number based upon the clip we were playing at. I guessed at 58-24, which is still mathematically achievable but is a longshot if we continue to play poorly. We'd have to go 18-6 the rest of the way.

In regards to Brad Stevens, we all know he is an exceptional coach and the right guy for the job. What he has done in his 4 1/2 years in Boston is nothing short of miraculous. No one is trying to take this away from him.

But let's be honest with ourselves here: some people tend praise him when the team performs well but absolve him of any blame if the team is struggling. That's ridiculous in my eyes. If we truly believe in his impact upon this team, then it stands to reason he is every bit as responsible for successes as well as shortcomings.

KJ

k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down