worcester
dboss
17 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

NBA 2018 Draft Empty NBA 2018 Draft

Post by dboss Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:27 am

It is that time again!

I want to share a video on Yurtseven of NC State. He is a 7 foot 250 pound center with some decent offensive skills. He is an average rebounder. He may be available late in the draft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQn-pOCEbog

dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

NBA 2018 Draft Empty Re: NBA 2018 Draft

Post by dboss Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:39 am

How bout Moritz Wagner.  6' 11" PF from Gemany.  Plays for Michigan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeDmuLCCKXc

Last edited by dboss on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:22 am; edited 1 time in total
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:49 am

What about the 7 foot center out of UNLV. Averages 10 rebounds per game and over 17 points

Brandon McCoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fz9r24l44Y
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:46 pm

dboss wrote:How bout Moritz Wagner.  6' 11" PF from Gemany.  Plays for Michigan

I like this kid.  Great fundamentals.

He may be available.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:59 pm

Re: NBA 2018 Draft
Post by dboss on Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:39 pm

How bout Moritz Wagner. 6' 11" PF from Gemany. Plays for Michigan

Very Prescient Dboss. I like him too.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandpd Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:27 am

dboss wrote:
dboss wrote:How bout Moritz Wagner.  6' 11" PF from Gemany.  Plays for Michigan

I like this kid.  Great fundamentals.

He may be available.

Although his shooting was hot and cold in the NCAA's his high intensity and aggressive play, along with that "fire in the belly" never wavered - he's a gamer. He has very good footwork for his size. There is a mutual admiration between him and Dirk Nowitzki.  Now, if he can show that he can shoot half as well as Dirk . . . but I think he'll be taken just outside of the lottery and before the C's have a chance to draft him - Michigan's long run in the NCAA's gave him plenty of TV exposure and his effective play has put him on the wish list of many NBA teams.
Sandpd
Sandpd

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:10 pm

dboss wrote:What about the 7 foot center out of UNLV.  Averages 10 rebounds per game and over 17 points

Brandon McCoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7fz9r24l44Y

If I worked in the front office, this would be our guy.

To be sure we get him, we would have to move up several spots.

We could probably part with a couple of reserves and a decent 2019 pick as part of a package to make it happen.
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sat Apr 07, 2018 11:53 am

I've read McCoy is slow footed. IF so, that's the kiss of death in today's NBA and perhaps one reason he seems to be dropping in the early ratings, as the the season progressed.

If I was looking at a big with a chance to become a NBA rotational player  in the bottom half of this coming draft, I would keep my eyes on Jontay Porter.

High BB IQ guy, with good motion on his shot AND a decent handle already. He also seems to be a guy willing to put in the work needed to continue to improve his game. Seems to have the game that can fit the NBA now for a big man.

I just wish people would stop talking about him now,as it may cause him to rise up the board to high for Danny to get a shot at him.

Edit: DAMN!.....I just went to draft room and they have Jontay at #16 in their most recent draft, so NEVERMIND.

They have McCoy going at #35 now also, I think someone would take a chance on him late in the first though myself.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:46 pm

kdp59 wrote:I've read McCoy is slow footed. IF so, that's the kiss of death in today's NBA and perhaps one reason he seems to be dropping in the early ratings, as the the season progressed.

If I was looking at a big with a chance to become a NBA rotational player  in the bottom half of this coming draft, I would keep my eyes on Jontay Porter.

High BB IQ guy, with good motion on his shot AND a decent handle already. He also seems to be a guy willing to put in the work needed to continue to improve his game. Seems to have the game that can fit the NBA now for a big man.

I just wish people would stop talking about him now,as it may cause him to rise up the board to high for Danny to get a shot at him.

Edit: DAMN!.....I just went to draft room and they have Jontay at  #16 in their most recent draft, so NEVERMIND.

They have McCoy going at #35 now also, I think someone would take a chance on him late in the first though myself.

kdp,

Or, just blue-sky thinking here, do you part with a couple of serious assets (rotation player and high 2019 pick), and attempt to move up high enough to take Carter if he declares?

My guess; I do think McCoy will end up going first round, by about #25.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:48 pm

I saw one mock that had Wagner going middle of the second.

Saw another that had him going to Boston.

NYCelt which rotation players would you part with.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:27 pm

dboss wrote:I saw one mock that had Wagner going middle of the second.

dboss,

To create a package and trade up high enough to get Carter?

Smart or Rozier.

I would hate to part with either one, but being realistic, you can't improve without some sacrifice.

I'm guessing to get that high, probably top 6 or 7, it would also take a 2019 first rounder and other throw-ins.

I'm just speculating on cost here, with no specific trading partner in mind.

If we don't move up, I think we need to hope that Metu, McCoy or Wagner, in that order, are around. I think Wagner would be a project and a gamble, but has some good potential and is worth a shot. He could fit in. Metu or McCoy should both be ready to contribute fairly quickly.

Carter, on the other hand, could be a rotation player immediately.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:17 am

Interesting,  I just read the article from Celtics blog about Rozier being  possible trade bait this off-season.

IF I am Danny and moving up in this years draft, I would  be all in fro moving Rozier (assuming Smart is resigned)  our own late first this year AND one of Memphis or KIngs pick next year to go top 5 or better.

But I would be looking at either Bamba or Jaren Jackson in that case.

I think both have a higher ceiling than Carter, who to me is a poor mans Al Horford at  best.

But frankly any of the three would help address our future needs up front. As I think with Embiid and others we will soon see a resurgence of the big man in the NBA.

Edit: I would note that Orlando with the #4 pick is the team I would key on for a move like this, as Rozier would immediately step as their starting PG.
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:26 am

kdp,

I also think Bamba or Jackson would be preferable picks over Carter. My guess is we're now talking top 5 picks, however, and a higher price. I think teams are going to be asking for players along the lines of Brown or Tatum as part of a deal to go there. To my way of thinking/guessing, a deal that lands us outside the top 5 lets us keep our two young forwards, if we instead sacrifice a guard. Always fun to play hypothetical GM. It would not surprise me if D Ainge was willing to go one of those guards and one of the forwards if it got us top 3 to 5 range. Then again, not much he does surprises me.

Regards

Last edited by NYCelt on Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by steve3344 Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:32 am

Pretty funny. This mock draft (done Jan. 10th this year) has us picking 2nd.

Now wouldn't that be spectacular?

Lakers were 13-27 when the article was written and I'm assuming they had the second worst record in the league at that time. They've been 21-18 since then unfortunately and are slotted 10th now, pending the outcome of the ping pong balls. But with some extraordinary luck we could still pick 2nd or 3rd. Odds are very slim though.

https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2018/1/10/16863112/nba-mock-draft-2018-luka-doncic-mohamed-bama-trae-young-deandre-ayton-marvin-bagley

steve3344

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:12 pm

NYCelt wrote:

dboss,

Smart or Rozier.

I would hate to part with either one, but being realistic, you can't improve without some sacrifice.

I'm guessing to get that high, probably top 6 or 7, it would also take a 2019 first rounder and other throw-ins.

If we don't move up, I think we need to hope that Metu, McCoy or Wagner, in that order, are around. I think Wagner would be a project and a gamble, but has some good potential and is worth a shot. He could fit in. Metu or McCoy should both be ready to contribute fairly quickly.

Regards
Ok I could see a move like this but I would not want to see Boston part with either the Kings pick or the Memphis pick.  I would be happy if we gave up our own pick this year and next year or offer up the Clippers pick.

Carter would have to be a projected starter to include either Smart or Rozier.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:13 pm

Watching film on Porter.  He looks like a replacement for Monroe.  He passes the ball very well and he can shoot from the outside.  He is not particularly athletic but he is very young and has room to grow.

If Boston got Bamba he would block a ton of shots and our defense would be even better.  Likely #1 hands down.  Boston is already a top defensive team with no shot blocker.  Get a shot blocker and it's lights out.

When Danny gets the hots for a player he gladly parts eith draft picks.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:49 pm

dboss wrote:
NYCelt wrote:

dboss,

Smart or Rozier.

Regards
Ok I could see a move like this but I would not want to see Boston part with either the Kings pick or the Memphis pick.  I would be happy if we gave up our own pick this year and next year or offer up the Clippers pick.

Carter would have to be a projected starter to include either Smart or Rozier.

I'm a little doubtful that those teams with one of the top 5 picks this year would be willing to make a trade for our number 27 pick plus either Smart or Rozier. Here's a peek at how number 1 through 5 picks have fared over the last 18 years.

http://bkref.com/tiny/xU7uC

And here's a look at number 27 picks over the last 18 years.

http://bkref.com/tiny/dc9ZR

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:51 pm

Swish,

I think to get to 1-5 takes a package including Smart or Rozier, Brown, and a 2019 first rounder. 6-10 takes Smart or Rozier and a 2019 first round. Both assume a bench-type active player also comes back to us. I'm not certain of the rules, but I don't think you can swap players strictly for a pick.

My guess anyway.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:20 pm

NYCelt

I agree that a player like Brown would have to be involved for the Celtics to have a shot at landing one of the highly regarded BIGS in this years draft. The odds on a number 27 pick being much more than a role player off the bench are not too good.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Tue Apr 10, 2018 12:42 am

I do not believe Danny would part either Brown or Tatum for a prospect.

My guess is that Danny will draft at 27 and find a good player and the let Brad coach him up
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:35 am

swish wrote:NYCelt

I agree that a player like Brown would have to be involved for the Celtics to have a shot at landing one of the highly regarded BIGS in this years draft. The odds on a number 27 pick being much more than a role player off the bench are not too good.

swish

Just a note to clarify:

what I proposed was Rozier (under his rookie contract next year AND a RFA after so under team control), our late first this year (#26-28?) AND one of the Memphis or Kings pick in 2019 (Likely lottery pick).

The only team I see in the top 10 who needs a young PG is Orlando (right now) and they sit in a sweep spot. Would they do that deal?

I say lets wait to see how well Rozier does in the playoffs. But if he plays how he has since Irving has been out, there will be more scuttlebutt about him being a quality Starter for some team.

Would I move Brown instead of Rozier in a deal to get Bamba or Jackson?

well that would complicate things for me, as we would need another wing player who can play the 2 position. SO to make that deal (assuming Danny feels Bamba or Jackson WILL be a high end NBA starter in the future), I would look at something like this:

Boston Sends:
J. Brown
Our 2018 first
Memphis or Clippers 2019 first

for:
#4 pick in 2018 draft
Jonathan Simmons

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:11 am

I would rather trade Brad, Danny, and the Garden than Jaylen. No way would I let that gem go.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by NYCelt Tue Apr 10, 2018 9:36 am

worcester wrote:I would rather trade Brad, Danny, and the Garden than Jaylen. No way would I let that gem go.

W -

But then the team would have to play on a playground court. Maybe over on Medford Street or somewhere in the North End?

Those chain nets do sound cool when someone dunks, though.

Regards
NYCelt
NYCelt

Back to top Go down

Post by kdp59 Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:38 am

worcester wrote:I would rather trade Brad, Danny, and the Garden than Jaylen. No way would I let that gem go.

well, Tatum and Brown both look like long term high quality players for sure.

I guess with a player like Bamba or Jackson is the team better overall long term would be the question.

Bamba has been compared to Rudy Gobert as an NBA player

Jackson has been compared to Myles Turner and Abdur-Rahim as a NBA player.

if either of them reach those levels of play the question then is, are the Celtics better off longer term of getting another title with one of them instead of Brown or Tatum.

with my proposed trade next years roster could look like this:

Bamba- #4 pick
Baynes or Monore- Resigned one
Horford
Morris
Theis
Yabusele
Hayward
Tatum
Semi
J. Simmons- acquired in trade with Orlando
Smart- resigned
Irving
Rozier

final roster spots can be filled with two of:

Larkin- resigned
Nader
Bird
another minimum wage vet to be determined

one can make an argument that this roster has a better chance at winning a title in the next few years than the current one.

kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:16 am

kdp59 wrote:
swish wrote:NYCelt

swish

Just a note to clarify:

what I proposed was Rozier (under his rookie contract next year AND a RFA after so under team control), our late first this year (#26-28?) AND one of the  Memphis or Kings pick in 2019 (Likely lottery pick).

The only team I see in the top 10 who needs a young PG is Orlando (right now) and they sit in a sweep spot.
Would they do that deal?

I say lets wait to see how well Rozier does in the playoffs. But if he plays how he has since Irving has been out, there will be more scuttlebutt about him being a quality Starter for some team.

Would I move Brown instead of Rozier in a deal to get Bamba or Jackson?

well that would complicate things for me, as we would need another wing player who can play the 2 position.
SO to make that deal (assuming Danny feels Bamba or Jackson WILL be a high end NBA  starter in the future), I would look at something like this:

Boston Sends:
J. Brown
Our 2018 first
Memphis or Clippers 2019 first

for:
#4 pick in 2018 draft
Jonathan Simmons

Your joking right, he might be the top wing defender in the league right now, nobody defends Durant or James as well as Jaylen....he’s only gonna get better and better, you want to compete, better have great wings to compete with the Durant’s and Lebron and Kawhi’s....

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next