Post Game Thread - vs Nets

3 posters

Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Nets Empty Post Game Thread - vs Nets

Post by bobheckler Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:28 am

The Maine Red Claws beat the Brooklyn Nets. They played their guys, we didn't play ours, and we beat them by 13 and it wasn't close for long.

Rondae Hollis-Jefferson has more names in his names than he scored. In fact, just to rub it in, he has more syllables in his names than he had rebounds, assists and points combined.

How the Hell could D'Angelo Russell be a #2 pick? He sucks.

Enough with clubbing baby Net seals, let's talk about us:

Celtics with a season high 62 rebounds, 20 offensive!!

Other than Baynes not one starter took off their warmups.

I never thought I'd ever say this, but the only reason why Baynes didn't go for 30/20 is because Brad pulled him after only 20 minutes. It also says something about Mozgov and Okafor that, despite Baynes going wild on the boards (9 of his 14 were offensive) they got a combined 9 minutes. All 9 were from Mozgov, who was thought to be a diamond in the rough when he was at Cleveland, and a DNP for #3 pick Okafor. Russell and Okafor, number 2 & 3 in the 2015 draft. That's the same draft Terry Rozier was in. So, for all of you who think Danny can't draft, think of those wasted picks in LA and Philly.

The Dancing Bear had a good outing. You can see some of what they like about him, he is very quick on his feet for a man his size and bulk. Is he still raw? Of course, but he sure helped himself last night. Tommy loves him but, of course, Tommy loves everybody in green so you have to take that with a tbs of salt.

Larkin had 0 points, on 0-5 shooting, and 4 rebounds and 5 assists at halftime (15 minutes). He ended up the 3rd quarter with 12 points on 5-12, 10 rebounds and 7 assists and sat out the entire 4th quarter (26 minutes). That's a 12 point on 5-7, 6 rebound, 2 assist 2nd 3rd quarter. That's a pretty darn good 11 minutes. The best part is that he didn't lose any confidence in himself. We're going to need that moving forward.

Nader with a poor shooting night, 4-15, but 8 rebounds. As a shooter he has struggled but he does other things well. He could be a solid bench player for some team, I don't know if he'll be here next year. Hell, with Jonathan Gibson scoring 18 points on 8-13 in 25 minutes I don't even know if he'll be on this team this weekend when the playoffs start. Too bad Gibson's 30 years old, and that he's 6'2".

The Bird Lands! 2-6 shooting, but 7 rebounds to the plus side. 4 TOs to the negative. Meh.

http://www.espn.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=400975965

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post Game Thread - vs Nets Empty Re: Post Game Thread - vs Nets

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:15 pm

I have to confess....never made it last night....my son got sick and luckily had bought the insurance on the tickets so I told him to stay home and get better and turn the tickets back in. So, I sat and watched the Maine Red Claws with visitors Aron Baynes and Shane Larking beat the Brooklyn Nets. It was sad, the gift that kept on giving has finally come to an end.

It was good to watch Larkin shoot his way out of his slump, poor guy, as small as he is lost ten pounds from that "bug" he had.

So. I sat in bed and watched. That is my story. Now on to the next phase of championship #18, it may not be this year but we took gigantic steps toward that end.

Rosalie

PS the reason my son takes insurance on tickets he buys for me goes back to the year I was so sick in the hospital that I did not remember I had tickets to an Orlando game, $150 tickets!
He was so worried about me, he forgot too. While lying in bed, watching the game on television, it dawned on me that that was the game I was supposed to be at!! $300 lost, and no chance to even give them away. So now he buys insurance, a small amount of money considering how much he lost!!!!!!

RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:23 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:I have to confess....never made it last night....my son got sick and luckily had bought the insurance on the tickets so I told him to stay home and get better and turn the tickets back in.  So, I sat and watched the Maine Red Claws with visitors Aron Baynes and Shane Larking beat the Brooklyn Nets.  It was sad, the gift that kept on giving has finally come to an end.

It was good to watch Larkin shoot his way out of his slump, poor guy, as small as he is lost ten pounds from that "bug" he had.  

So. I sat in bed and watched. That is my story.  Now on to the next phase of championship #18, it may not be this year but we took gigantic steps toward that end.  

Rosalie

PS  the reason my son takes insurance on tickets he buys for me goes back to the year I was so sick in the hospital that I did not remember I had tickets to an Orlando game, $150 tickets!
He was so worried about me, he forgot too.  While lying in bed, watching the game on television, it dawned on me that that was the game I was supposed to be at!! $300 lost, and no chance to even give them away.  So now he buys insurance, a small amount of money considering how much he lost!!!!!!

Rosalie,

"It was sad, the gift that kept on giving has finally come to an end. "

It hasn't stopped giving yet. Our Sacramento pick next year we got when we traded Fultz for Tatum is still connected to that steal by Danny. No Net pick, no #1. No #1, no Jayson Tatum + pick.

It's still giving!! And who knows what Danny will do with that pick next year. The way the Kings look it he could pull something like this again. It should be a very good pick.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:27 am

Bob, thanks for the extraordinary posts you make, capturing the highlights and sprinkling in your enlightening comments. As I have said many times, you could be a professional sportswriter.
Regarding the Nets picks, since LA finished 10th, is it not still mathematically possible for them to draw between 2-5 in this year's draft lottery? If not, Sacto has got to be a great pick in 2019.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down