Has any NBA team gone to the Finals without even one 1st 2nd, or 3rd team All NBA Player?

4 posters

Go down

Has any NBA team gone to the Finals without even one 1st 2nd, or 3rd team All NBA Player? Empty Has any NBA team gone to the Finals without even one 1st 2nd, or 3rd team All NBA Player?

Post by worcester Fri May 25, 2018 10:53 am

If not, we may be the first. I can't think of any in the past 10 years. Heck, I just Googled NBA championships, and I can't see one team in the past 40 years (!) that did not have an All NBA player on the roster:

http://www.landofbasketball.com/championships/year_by_year.htm
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Has any NBA team gone to the Finals without even one 1st 2nd, or 3rd team All NBA Player? Empty Re: Has any NBA team gone to the Finals without even one 1st 2nd, or 3rd team All NBA Player?

Post by swish Fri May 25, 2018 11:39 am

worcester wrote:If not, we may be the first. I can't think of any in the past 10 years. Heck, I just Googled NBA championships, and I can't see one team in the past 40 years (!) that did not have an All NBA player on the roster:

http://www.landofbasketball.com/championships/year_by_year.htm

Horford was all nba back in 2010-11 - so we have one active on the team - and one inactive (Irving)

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Has any NBA team gone to the Finals without even one 1st 2nd, or 3rd team All NBA Player? Empty Re: Has any NBA team gone to the Finals without even one 1st 2nd, or 3rd team All NBA Player?

Post by KyleCleric Fri May 25, 2018 11:45 am

The team that comes to mind for me on these kind of questions is the 1978 Sonics

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri May 25, 2018 11:58 am

KyleCleric wrote:The team that comes to mind for me on these kind of questions is the 1978 Sonics

Kyle

Your right - no all-league player on that champ.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri May 25, 2018 12:25 pm

DJ was in the NBA All Star game in 1978-79, the year they won, and all NBA first team defensively but not an overall first, second or third team All NBA selection. Al Horford had been an overall All NBA player, but was not so voted this year. I am referring to teams in the playoffs, especially the Finals. Other than the Sonics with their near miss in DJ, I can't think of teams going to the NBA Finals without having an active player on the squad who had been voted a 1st,2nd, or 3rd team All NBA player that year.

Even Kyrie, who has not played since March, was not voted an 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team All NBA player this year. Face it, we are Brad's Butler teams that went to the NCCA Finals in back to back years. Mid-Level Miracles.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by swish Fri May 25, 2018 12:55 pm

worcester wrote:DJ was in the NBA All Star game  in 1978-79, the year they won, and all NBA first team defensively but not an overall first, second or third team All NBA selection. Al Horford had been an overall All NBA player, but was not so voted this year. I am referring to teams in the playoffs, especially the Finals. Other than the Sonics with their near miss in DJ, I can't think of teams going to the NBA Finals without having an active player on the squad who had been voted a 1st,2nd, or 3rd team All NBA player that year.

Even Kyrie, who has not played since March, was not voted an 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team All NBA player this year. Face it, we are Brad's Butler teams that went to the NCCA Finals in back to back years. Mid-Level Miracles.

wocester

No all-league selection in 1988-89 for the champ Pistons.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Fri May 25, 2018 1:13 pm

That makes two! We would be in select company if/when we beat the Cavs.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Fri May 25, 2018 3:56 pm

Al Horford made all NBA 2nd team defense this year
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Fri May 25, 2018 4:27 pm

Celtics didn't have any in 2010

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down