+3
k_j_88
bobheckler
RosalieTCeltics
7 posters

Go down

Kyrie Irving Empty Kyrie Irving

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:44 pm

Celtics Blog article, Kyrie Irving..no extension but excited about the upcoming season

Would have to leave too much money on the table to sign an extension, I wouldn't do it, would you????  He can't wait to get on the court with his teammates including Gordon, dying to play together.

Why the fuss??
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Kyrie Irving Empty Re: Kyrie Irving

Post by bobheckler Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:52 pm

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:58 pm

thanks Bob, that copy and past stuff drives me nuts!!!
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:31 pm

Anything a star player says that sounds even remotely non-committal is going to draw some attention. Kyrie didn't say anything out of the ordinary and it seems premature to expect him to have made that type of decision at this point. With that said, the Celtics will have the best offer on the table for him come next offseason.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:08 pm

Hey, If I was Kyrie I would not even think about an extention. Next year will be a big contract year for him, why should he sign now for less? I sure wouldn't.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:19 pm

I wouldn’t want to give him a contact right now either, he has to prove he can still play.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by wideclyde Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:28 pm

A couple of thoughts.

First, if any of us were in Irving's position none of us would sign and extension. He will make 15 M this season so he will not have to worry about having enough milk and bread in the house for a while.

Secondly, economically, we all would wait for free agency and a max contract over four or five years, just like he will do. No one can argue with his strategy.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by k_j_88 Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:32 pm

wideclyde wrote:A couple of thoughts.

First, if any of us were in Irving's position none of us would sign and extension. He will make 15 M this season so he will not have to worry about having enough milk and bread in the house for a while.

Secondly, economically, we all would wait for free agency and a max contract over four or five years, just like he will do.  No one can argue with his strategy.

Pretty much. Literally every star player at this point is not going to sign an early extension because they know what type of contract they'll be due for.

KJ
k_j_88
k_j_88

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:25 am

Agreed. He makes me nervous though. That's why it's a good idea not to trade Rozier. We'd have a good insurance policy.

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Jun 14, 2018 11:58 am

Overall I agree with the posts above, but after reading the NY times interview with Kyrie and considering some of his other interviews, Kyrie is an unusual dude - nothing with him would surprise me. He clearly marches to the beat of his own drummer, and as such will not hesitate to take a path the rest of us see as crazy. The whole flat earth thing, his admiration of the eccentric Serbian-American scientist Nikola Tesla - this is a guy who relishes taking unusual positions. If you think about it, this personal quality has a lot to do with leaving the Cavs. Might also be related to his brilliance on the court. However, despite what we all think is "the best situation" for Kyrie, Kyrie will ultimately follow his own path.

For those are are looking for a little more insight into the labyrinth that is Kyrie Irving's mind, click on the link below, or better yet, listen to the podcast it summarizes:

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/kyrie-irving-joined-redicks-podcast-to-talk-conspiracy-theories-and-did-not-disappoint/

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down