jrleftfoot
gyso
wideclyde
kdp59
11 posters

Go down

Larkin headed back to Europe Empty Larkin headed back to Europe

Post by kdp59 Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:07 am

David Pick: Celtics free agent guard Shane Larkin confirms to me that he is leaving the NBA to sign a $1.8M, one-year offer sheet with Anadolu Efes. 23 hours ago – via Twitter IAmDPick
Top Rumors, Anadolu Efes, Euroleague, Free Agency, Turkey, Shane Larkin, Boston Celtics

Orazio Cauchi: Efes has always been the frontrunner to sign Larkin, he just took his time to evaluate if some NBA deals might have surfaced but the market was too tight at this point. Almost 2 mln it’s good money for one season and he can try the NBA route again next summer. 23 hours ago – via Twitter paxer89
Top Rumors, Anadolu Efes, Euroleague, Free Agency, Turkey, Shane Larkin, Boston Celtics
kdp59
kdp59

Back to top Go down

Larkin headed back to Europe Empty Re: Larkin headed back to Europe

Post by wideclyde Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:30 am

For what this guy did for the Cs last year, I am kind of surprised that they did not bring him back, but I am even more surprised that none of the other 29 teams had any interest either.

He performed like a pro by giving his best while never seemed to be anything short of top level professional when dealing about his playing time, etc, etc.

Wish him well back in Europe.

wideclyde

Back to top Go down

Post by gyso Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:58 pm

His "replacement" is Wanamaker, who is taller. Maybe that is all there is to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:21 pm

wideclyde wrote:For what this guy did for the Cs last year, I am kind of surprised that they did not bring him back, but I am even more surprised that none of the other 29 teams had any interest either.

He performed like a pro by giving his best while never seemed to be anything short of top level professional when dealing about his playing time, etc, etc.

Wish him well back in Europe.
I didn`t expect him back,  but I too am surprised another NBA team didn`t grab him
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:40 am

Too bad, he was a spark plug, I loved the way he went after it on defense.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:27 pm

Me too Cow,  I think he worked hard for the time he was here. At the end of the season all I read was that he was going to draw alot of attention from other teams.  Looks like the talking heads were wrong there. It is too bad, but he signed for a good amount of money.  I am sorry to see him go.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:25 am

RosalieTCeltics wrote:Me too Cow,  I think he worked hard for the time he was here. At the end of the season all I read was that he was going to draw alot of attention from other teams.  Looks like the talking heads were wrong there. It is too bad, but he signed for a good amount of money.  I am sorry to see him go.

I saw him play on a few teams before in his first shot in the league, when he came back this time he was really improved on defense, beating his opponents to the spot, forcing you into the other direction and his offense had a lot more purpose. I was really disappointed he got injured right at start of playoffs, we could have really used him.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:32 am

The other IT could learn something from watching how Larkin can defend as an undersized guard. Mugsy Bouges is another must see in old clips IT should study if he wants to last in this league.

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by mulcogiseng Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:49 am

Greetings from Milford NH

It's good to be back in the Granite State It sure was a shock to leave 109 Tucson and get into NH with temps in the 90s and 90% humidity. Nothanx! I'd sooner the dry heat lol

IMO, if we had Larkin we would have beaten Cleveland. Not by as much if Theis were playing but....
But how many teams had 2 million available in this depressed FA season? A lot of the Euro contracts require a buyout so a one year deal positions him for a return next year. Smart move on his part and a much better payday than in the Gleague.

I think Wannamaker will be a better cog in the rotation because of his size. Let's just hope that he has the same hustle.
mulcogiseng
mulcogiseng

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:18 am

mulcogiseng wrote:Greetings from Milford NH

It's good to be back in the Granite State It sure was a shock to leave 109 Tucson and get into NH with temps in the 90s and 90% humidity. Nothanx! I'd sooner the dry heat lol

IMO, if we had Larkin we would have beaten Cleveland. Not by as much if Theis were playing but....
But how many teams had 2 million available in this depressed FA season? A lot of the Euro contracts require a buyout so a one year deal positions him for a return next year. Smart move on his part and a much better payday than in the Gleague.

I think Wannamaker will be a better cog in the rotation because of his size. Let's just hope that he has the same hustle.

I guess it’s true, heard this is the hottest year on record, my parents in Calif have had a bunch of 100 plus degree days too that they never had before....and we have a commander in chief who discards away science...???

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:49 pm

Cow, I just spent the weekend in Monterey. High maybe 60 degrees. Low 50 with wind. Global warming forgot the 17 Mile Drive.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:02 pm

Worse your in Monterey Bay, Calif?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by bobc33 Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:23 pm

worcester wrote:Cow, I just spent the weekend in Monterey. High maybe 60 degrees. Low 50 with wind. Global warming forgot the 17 Mile Drive.

Spent three years in Monterey courtesy of the U.S. Army. Mostly played golf at great courses all across that area!

Back to top Go down

Post by cowens/oldschool Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:55 pm

bobc33 wrote:
worcester wrote:Cow, I just spent the weekend in Monterey. High maybe 60 degrees. Low 50 with wind. Global warming forgot the 17 Mile Drive.

Spent three years in Monterey courtesy of the U.S. Army.  Mostly played golf at great courses all across that area!

This is the Monterey Bay that has a huge Chinatown of a strip of great restaurants?

cowens/oldschool

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:53 am

Yep. We had lunch at the 18th green at Pebble Beach. $80 for two sandwiches. Room with an ocean view for $1240 a night plus tax. We stayed at Embassy Suites instead. Awesome golf courses. Among the world's most beautiful. Food was spectacular everywhere. And usually moderately priced.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dustcover Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:24 am

worcester wrote:Yep. We had lunch at the 18th green at Pebble Beach. $80 for two sandwiches. Room with an ocean view for $1240 a night plus tax. We stayed at Embassy Suites instead. Awesome golf courses. Among the world's most beautiful. Food was spectacular everywhere. And usually moderately priced.

Stayed at the Lodge at Pebble Beach in 2011 the same week as the Tour D'Elegance. Extraordinary time. And although the Pebble Beach course is magnificent, I found the sister course, Spanish Bay, to be most intriguing.

And one final note, if you enjoy wine, both clubs had a Cabernet Sauvignon from Heitz Cellars on their wine list. Absolutely incredible.
dustcover
dustcover

Back to top Go down

Post by bobheckler Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:01 am

Worcester,

You come to Northern California and I'm on the far side of Africa.  Figures.

bob

bobheckler
bobheckler

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down