RosalieTCeltics
gyso
bobheckler
dboss
kdp59
18 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Bird locked up? - Page 2 Empty Re: Bird locked up?

Post by swish Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:39 am

jrleftfoot wrote:Your comment didn't appear sympathetic to anyone,swish. Just snarky. Of course, that is just my perspective. The franchise will survive , but will the two hospitalized humans?

See my earlier post where I expressed sympathy toward her - but not to him.

swish

swish

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Sep 12, 2018 10:58 am

One of the young guys we are friendly with here in Waltham goes to the same barber as Rozier, Smart, and a couple of other guys, says that there is something fishy about everything going on. That is what the players feel. I wonder, with all the time he is being kept in the hospital, did he have a mental breakdown? Not that that will keep him on the team, but this is very unusual. Boston is noted for bringing people to court in hospital attire, I find all the secrecy a little puzzling.

Celtics are already working someone out, so it may be a forgone conclusion that this contract will be voided.

Sad, very very sad.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:15 am

Rosalie, did you go to high school in Waltham? My uncle Coyt was the art teacher there in the 60's.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:27 am

Worcester....No I am a Newton High School Graduate. I moved to Waltham when I got married. Still consider myself a "Newton" girl!!! I grew up in Auburndale!!!! Hubby from West Newton. We met in the 9th grade and that was it!!! Talk about knowing someone for 3/4's of your life!!

The art teacher I knew of in Waltham back when my kids were in school was Paul Shea. A terrific artist who has many, many paintings of Waltham, Boston, etc to his credit. His son Kevin is also a painter. Awesome talent, you would see him sitting on the side of the road just painting away
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by jrleftfoot Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:42 pm

swish wrote:
jrleftfoot wrote:Your comment didn't appear sympathetic to anyone,swish. Just snarky. Of course, that is just my perspective. The franchise will survive , but will the two hospitalized humans?

See my earlier post where I expressed sympathy toward her - but not to him.

swish
Woe is me-there goes the Dynasty
jrleftfoot
jrleftfoot

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:58 pm

Newtown High is now one of the very best in the USA.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:42 pm

The girlfriend of Boston Celtics guard Jabari Bird told Boston police he choked her roughly a dozen times during an argument last Friday and also kicked her and held her against her will before he began to suffer medical distress, prosecutors said Thursday.

The allegations were disclosed as Bird, 24, was arraigned in Brighton Municipal Court on charges of assaulting and kidnapping his girlfriend, who prosecutors said attends a local college.

A not-guilty plea was entered on Bird’s behalf, and he was held on $50,000 cash bail.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:43 pm

The Celtics have released a statement on the situation:

“Most importantly, our thoughts are with the victim of this incident. The Celtics organization deplores domestic violence of any kind, and we are deeply disturbed by the allegations against Jabari Bird. Pursuant to Domestic Violence Policy in the NBA’s labor agreement, matters of this kind are handled by the League Office, not the team, and so the Celtics will be working with both the league and local authorities to assist in their ongoing investigations. The team will have no further comment at this time.”
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:48 pm

I do not see how Boston can find anyway to keep him.

This shit sounds like attempted murder

Tom Westerholm
✔️
@Tom_NBA
· 1h
Details in the Jabari Bird case: He is accused of assaulting his girlfriend for four hours in his apartment. He’s accused of strangling her multiple times, including once until she lost consciousness.

Tom Westerholm
✔️
@Tom_NBA
Bird is accused of kicking her repeatedly in the stomach when she woke up. When she left, per the Commonwealth, Bird was in mental distress, so she left him in a safe place.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by KyleCleric Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:17 pm

They won't be able to keep him on the team (and shouldn't). They have helped players who have been dealing with issues in the recent past. I could see them making those resources still available to him.

(Assuming he doesn't end up in prison)

KyleCleric

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Sep 13, 2018 2:34 pm

I do not see how he does not go to jail for this unless they prove he was mentally unfit. This is so shocking, it really does sound like attempted murder. The poor girl.

He will be off this team sooner rather than later. I would assume they have to keep him until his trial? as he plead not guilty. Again, mental condition has to enter this for him to have a prayer.

What a waste of a life, thank God she is okay and was able to have him picked up by the police. Wow.....I never would have imagined this to happen to this kid.

The Celtics will not put up with this, and I believe he will not be accepted by the fans. Awful story to read.
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:00 pm

KyleCleric wrote:They won't be able to keep him on the team (and shouldn't). They have helped players who have been dealing with issues in the recent past. I could see them making those resources still available to him.

(Assuming he doesn't end up in prison)

Looks like a felony assault. Unless his attorney can somehow prove a mental incapacity he is going to jail. He basically tortured this girl for 4 hours.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:33 pm

The Commissioner can suspend him with pay while the investigation is pending

After a positive finding he can be suspended or even disqualified from playing in the NBA.  Things are decided on a case by case basis.  Aggravating circumstances would likely make the punishment more severe.

The Boston Celtics will not compromise their brand.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:37 pm

swish wrote:
mrkleen09 wrote:
swish wrote:Woe is me - there goes the dynasty.

swish

What does this mean Swish?  Question

Regardless of the circumstances  - we are mostly talking about the potential derailing of a young person's career with a bad decision, and this is what you come up with?  

As of this moment - She gets my sympathy - not him.

swish

+1 A 6'6 200+ lb professional athlete physically terrorizing a young woman and holding her hostage is more than a "bad decision".

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:45 pm

It appears that he ended up having seizures and the girlfriend helped him to a better place before leaving, she must have then called police.

The news just said that one of his coaches at Cal is coming out to stay with him and help him. He was going to have a hard time coming up with bond money the lawyer said.

Ugh...what a story
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:50 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:It appears that he ended up having seizures and the girlfriend helped him to a better place before leaving, she must have then called police.

The news just said that one of his coaches at Cal is coming out to stay with him and help him. He was going to have a hard time coming up with bond money the lawyer said.

Ugh...what a story

I wonder where his parents are?
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:50 pm

mrkleen09 wrote:
RosalieTCeltics wrote:  My thoughts are with them both as two lives have been derailed here

100%.  Feeling bad for Jabari - in no way means you cant also feel bad for his girlfriend.  

Sorry, I don't see any eqivalency here. If he did this, I have no sympathy for him.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:08 pm

This is like passing by a horrible accident.  You can't help but turn your head but at the same time you want to get past it.

That is what The Celtics must do now.  The media will makes every attempt to gather soundbits from the players but the Celtics need to put this behind them and focus on the season.

My sympathy is for the college student.  Bird made a statement referencing two sides to the story along with the obligatory apology to the fans, teammates and the Celtics organization.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:16 pm

RosalieTCeltics wrote:It appears that he ended up having seizures and the girlfriend helped him to a better place before leaving, she must have then called police.

Ugh...what a story

That description of the event might shed a different light on things. I read that the seizures provided the woman with a chance to escape. Of course everyone should wait until all the facts are in before passing judgement, but it is not looking good for Bird. He didn't actually deny anything, just said "the information released does not tell the full story". It is hard to imagine any additional information justifying this type of physical and psychological abuse.

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by Shamrock1000 Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:23 pm

From Yahoo sports:

"Bird’s girlfriend escaped when he eventually suffered “seizure-like symptoms” and passed out, according to the police report. She reportedly moved him to a bed and fled in a friend’s car. When Bird came to, he allegedly texted her and threatened to kill himself if she did not return to the apartment."

https://sports.yahoo.com/allegations-celtics-guard-jabari-birds-domestic-violence-arrest-horrifying-185023790.html

Shamrock1000

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:25 pm

Jaylen Brown's mom will help supervise Bird according to Bird's lawyer.

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/local_coverage/2018/09/celtics_guard_jabari_bird_charged_with_attack_on_girlfriend
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by dboss Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:31 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:

Ugh...what a story

That description of the event might shed a different light on things. I read that the seizures provided the woman with a chance to escape. Of course everyone should wait until all the facts are in before passing judgement, but it is not looking good for Bird. He didn't actually deny anything, just said "the information released does not tell the full story". It is hard to imagine any additional information justifying this type of physical and psychological abuse.

There is no category on Jeopardy ..I'll take girls who like to be strangled for 10 points.
dboss
dboss

Back to top Go down

Post by worcester Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:07 pm

People with anxiety do not act this way and then have seizures UNLESS they taking some medication or recreational drugs improperly. That is not to say the meds are an excuse for domestic violence, but they may explain the seizures. Thank God the woman is safe if not fully ok yet. No doubt his time as a Celtics is over. A small loss for us, a big loss for him. I hope that he can heal whatever severe psychic and physical illnesses led him to act this way. I do have sympathy for perpetrators such as Jabari while still wanting them to be held fully responsible for their actions. He is obviously sick and in need of help, but on the parquet floor is no place to find it. It does not sound like he's taken the first steps to acknowledge that his life has become unmanageable and that he needs help to recover his sanity. Making excuses means he's still in the mental morass that led him to this point. This will be a long and difficult process of recovery for both him and her. I wish them both well.
worcester
worcester

Back to top Go down

Post by mrkleen09 Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:53 pm

Shamrock1000 wrote:  

+1  A 6'6 200+ lb professional athlete physically terrorizing a young woman and holding her hostage is more than a "bad decision".

Good job Shamrock.  AT THE TIME (4 days ago), we didnt have real any details which was my point about rushing to judgement.  Glad you had to wait 4 days and until after the story was revealed to rebut my remarks.  Nice Try.

Feeling bad about a guy destroying his career and feeling terrible for the victim are not mutually exclusive thoughts. Some of us are capable of having two competing thoughts at the same time.
mrkleen09
mrkleen09

Back to top Go down

Post by RosalieTCeltics Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:54 pm

To Me, there has to be more to this story. Worcester is right, something made this kid act the way he did and then go into seizures. They don't just "happen" unless he has had them before and never told anyone. I know, I have had four seizures in my life. Thank God they all happened while I was sleeping. I am not making any excuses for his behavior, but this is something that we should wait out before passing complete judgement. Thank God she was able to escape herself. God bless her, she still stayed and helped him into bed before leaving. That says something about her. Kind, very kind
RosalieTCeltics
RosalieTCeltics

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next